Y'all excited for rell seas?

game looks super promising, as long as they dont fuck up and make it p2w or add crazy monetization it should be a fun time.

i mean, in the live they did where they answered some question they said this. so. PRETTY big hype .

I lied, movie also made GPO devs fuming in the disc so that’s 2 good things

2 Likes

lol which discord. i really wanna see that

Main GPO disc, link is on its game page

in #general or??

aright yeah found it. damn they were pissing themselves lol

Just a few things I caught from the direct that I liked or thought was interesting:

• M1 combat is hard coded to move with ships. Meaning if you fight someone on a ship itll be as if you were fighting on land, you wont fall off even when jumping.

• You can customize individual parts of ships, specifically front middle and rear. Different ship parts will affect ship stats.

• You have to anchor your ship to stop other players from stealing it when you leave it. Only other people on your crew/party can unanchor your ship.

• Parry doesn’t stun, it just knocks back (thank god). Also combat in general looks fun and smooth.

• They talked about NPC crewmates but didn’t show anything about it. But apparently you can get NPC co-captains similar to AO.

• Ship combat is very similar to AO, since it’s also inspired by Assassins Creed: Black Flag. Different ships will have different stats. Ships also have weak points depending on where cannonballs hit. You also repair your ship the same way you repair in AO, with a hammer.

Its a rell game.
Its going to start exclusively one piece related content but within a year its gonna be a jumbled mess of crossover crap.

tbf one piece has way more content to pull from than naruto and original devil fruits would actually work if implemented correctly.

Honestly heard of it just now, but seeing the video showcasing it I am now intrigued by this game.

I think they mentioned there were two kinds of parries, one that knocks back and one that stuns (one is built up with a meter through attacking, which I think is the stun one)

Yeah the way they do their videos/showcases has always slightly annoyed me, it’s like they’re constantly fumbling through it. Made this feel like less of a “movie” and more like they just improvised what they wanted to show right before they hit record

Interesting…

race choosing is nice but the races don’t really look that spectacular or different from one another
like in other games it’s just the human race with a few things tacked onto it
so much for wanting to properly play as a fishman

i mean like look at this
this is just a normal dude with gills that’s like saying a white dude’s black cause he’s put his hair into dreadlocks
sure you can change the skin tone to make them blue or turquoise or whatever but Fishmen in OP are so varied in subspecies, like you can have an octopus man or a shrimp man. Fishmen are not exclusively fish people

intertia combat?
bitch all I really saw was just ABA combat with a bit more bells and whistles
Sure, ABA combat is fine as it is, there’s a reason why the M1 system is so common
but it’s not DMC combat, it’s just ABA.

meh
doubt they’ll be able to pull off a progression system that flows well and is rewarding without grinding
not saying they can’t, they’ve had a while to experiment with it, but i’m not being optimistic.
Game looks like it slaps but progression looks like hell from looking at the menus alone
like where do we even start

i know this is an inventory screen but it looks very cluttered
and about “being able to do anything and you’ll progress” is still somewhat grinding
it’s just that instead of grinding npcs you’re just doing random, not-necessarily-not-also incredibly monotonous tasks
also we didn’t get to see a lot of tasks in motion
we saw fishing, lockpicking, and that’s sorta it

but alas I will still be playing
this alone makes it worth it

also why are all the popular shonens getting games out the wazoo why aren’t we seeing other ones outside of the big 3 and like anything somewhat near that
when are we getting “rell kabukicho streets” based on gintama
scratch that that’s not half bad of a concept

I’ve watched a bit of it. Similar to AO in concept but not in execution. I mighty play it.

Progression looks like it’s heavily based off of Runescape and if you’ve played that game then you know how annoying grind is.

I meant normal combat being possible on moving boats is interesting, not the regular combat system

The showcase was meh for me, nothing good but nothing bad, I won’t really play another roblox RPG game when AO exists (I would actually play multiple RPGs but I have responsibilities now can’t really spend that much time on Roblox)

It looks and works decent enough for a one piece game, and has friendly mechanics in terms of the race roll being removed and yada yada.