Year 8 without Lost Magics

so far we have nothing to base this off though, it’s never been mentioned anywhere that these enemies have more than one magic, they’ve all exclusively been referred to by their lost magic only
it’d be fine if it was just one enemy like this, but now we have 4 that are only mentioned and seen with lost magics
even if it is the case that all four of them have a base magic and just don’t use it, until it’s properly explained in game it’ll still be giving players the message that they should be able to replace their first magic

just change first magic to base magic and it’ll work out fine, it’d also help people who don’t want a lost/ancient magic stay on par with the people who do

1 Like

Why would they state that? Oh by the way I have a secondary significantly weaker magic that I won’t use because it’s useless to do so. Especially since we only get to actually engage in a conversation with only Calvus, and we have a lot more important stuff to ask him.

Losts and ancients are part of our progression. If the final step of our progression was something that can be surpassed by our base magic it’d be pretty dumb ngl.

people like calvus and amelia could just have an npc talking about them, saying something like “i hear the admiral also has wind magic but doesn’t use it because she thinks it’s weak. she gets pretty miffed if you mention it though, so don’t tell her i told you”
iris could actually tell us though since we have a direct connection with her

i never said surpassed, i said on par, meaning equal to. there will be people who prefer things like wood or water over anything the losts or ancients have to offer, and they should be able to play with those without having to be lesser than other players
when i say equal to, i should clarify that i mean someone with 3 base magics should be equal to someone with 1 base, 1 lost, and 1 ancient (or maybe just someone with 1 base and 2 losts, though that’s planned to be just as viable as 1 lost 1 ancient anyway i think), not that every base magic would be equal to an ancient magic

1 Like

I feel like although we’re going in that direction for Fighting Styles from how unique each one is, base magics probably won’t get that treatment. The reason I think that is because I can’t think of one magic that doesn’t have a “the cooler ___” as a lost magic. Darkness is Shadow, Blizzard is Snow, Frostmetal is Ice, Fire is Sun, some even have multiple options to advance to.

some people will prefer plain snow over blizzard or plain fire over the sun, all the “the cooler ___” lost magics so far are either combinations or modifications, not just pure straight upgrades, because that’s presumably kind of already planned the base magic upgrade system

I dunno, that’s just the direction I see it going. Anybody who would prefer base Lightning over 6 variations of Lightning is kind of the minority.

Aether lightning (it’s just better lightning, not a combination of aether and lightning)

(I think vetex just likes the word aether Ngl)

no, it is actually a combination of aether and lightning

Wait how is it a combo

it’s aether and lightning combined to form one magic

Yes, but how in terms of game mechanics
Aether already seems to be a combo of explosion and light, so unless aether lightning is all 3 somehow I can’t really understand what it would do

i think aether is just explosive light, not exactly a combination of explosion magic and light magic, but even if it is we have magics like blizzard that are 3 magics like ice, snow, and wind anyway

IT’S CONFIRMED PEOPLE

LOST MAGICS WILL HAVE VARIANTS

AO IS SAVED :partying_face: :tada: :confetti_ball:

Phoenix has had two colors for a while

Yea but it was ambiguous for the other magics though it seems like we will get variants

hopefully they make like, purple slash magic :grin:

white slash magic

fire/white slash
basic combat
sukuna build

Give us white Sun and the Morock fans will be pleased.
Give us white Heat and I will be pleased.

Scion of ethiron build :nod:

we better get blue gravity so gojo cosplayers stop using it for purple

red wind
blue gravity
purple/black shatter too