You all asked for another...here you go, Arcane Odyssey Riddle pt. 2

IMG_20181007_233612_505

2 Likes

Besides what others have mentioned in that the first quote is focused on more peaceful ideals while the second seems more geared towards conflict (same theme with the quoted people), they definitely give me a collectivism vs individualism vibe.

The first quote talks about obtaining peace by creating a world that that supports everyone and allows them to contribute the way that is best for them. So instead of just the select few living it up (powerful wizards, Curse users, rich people, etc.), the ideal world gives everybody a chance to grow.

The second quote seems to focus more on an individual. It only ever mentions you, there is no we or us; whereas the other quote was the complete opposite in that it did not mention you, only we/them. Along with the theme of conflict in this quote, it seems to be about an individual (maybe the player?) and their own select plans, possibly to rule over the War Seas.

I dunno maybe I’m reading too much into it considering it felt like I was doing a high school assignment again lmao

1 Like

Now the question is if Vetex is also in the background laughing with Tech as none of us solve this correctly.

3 Likes

Aight, here’s my take on this.

I’m guessing that perhaps in AO the player will be presented with 2 ways to solve some unknown conflict that is happening, with one method being war and the other being peace.

“War” in this image doesn’t seem to be depicted as explicitly evil or malevolent in any way. The eagle, while a deadly predator, is not a bird that is traditionally associated with death and malevolence (crows and vultures fit that bill much better). The lighting(?) in the background behind the eagle plays into this too. Lighting in this context seems to symbolize power and decisiveness; lightning strikes in an instant and it does so with great power. Similarly, the eagle generally symbolizes a kind of noble strength (not unlike a lion) and is quite a swift and agile bird (more references towards the idea of being decisive)

Because of this, I think this theoretical “war” option in AO’s story might be designed as a genuine alternative to the “peace” option. Perhaps the world is just too chaotic and disorganized for a pacifist ideal centred around cooperation and compromise to ever thrive, and to bring stability to the world would mean waging war to unite and subdue all conflicting parties (This kind of war can be viewed as noble rather than plain evil)

EDIT: Adding on to this, notice how the quote for the war part of this image doesn’t explicitly mention cruelty or a hunger for power. “Fall like a thunderbolt” seems to again play into what I was talking about how this seems to be a case of slow and cooperative pacifism vs strong decisive action.

The appeal of peace should be pretty self explanatory so I won’t go to deep into that. My takeaway from this is pretty much just that the “War” route in AO (which is perhaps the successor of WoM’s villain storyline?) will not be one-dimensionally evil and will instead present a genuine alternative to the “Peace” option (the successor of the hero storyline?) to create a more nuanced reputation system.

5 Likes

I’m running out of likes again

the forum gods hate me now

1 Like

That’s the solution! We solved the riddle!

same. Actually, I dont have a brain at all

I can’t wait till the community wakes up and finds this, then this blows up and the vetcord general does too.

Dang it, screaming NOOOO everytime he mentioned a new riddle didn’t work

This is actually quite simple if you look at the facts and data.

One side is the opposite of the other half, that’s easy. So if we take the birthplace of the first person being quoted (Ikeja, Nigeria) and the deathplace of the second person (Wu, China) we can use that to find the middle point of the two places (Iran which was Persia if you also find the middle point of Sun Tzu’s death year and Hafsat Abiola’s birth year).

Therefore, if we go on google images and type “Persian quotes about neutrality” halfway down the page you’ll find a quote from the man himself Albert Einstein who was the man who discovered how space works.

Therefore this riddle is about how in Arcane Odyssey, we will go to space. You’re welcome.

10 Likes

jumbo strikes again

No what the actual fuck

we have a damn genius right here

fucking genius

1 Like

we’ve come to his ted talk stupid and left smart

actually made sense since the art was also split in half in a way
Jumbo is a genius

time to die of thinking too hard

oh wait

I don’t even have the braincells to do that

we go to space and find the promethean fire curse that’s been supposedly orbiting the planet gg ez :sunglasses:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

alright, so, two opposing forces at play maybe? peace vs war maybe? Not sure how it ties in with the last one.

lol, that would be sick. Curses play a big role in this story too

lmao