Average Day in Magius: Story Simulation - Chapter V: The Half Way Through

Writer's Notes

a cute part to write, id say

if chap iv is considered chaotic, chap v would be slightly more chill

also i may skewer hover magic with my headcanon a lot in this part so
canon hover magic enthusiasts please don’t hit me

oh yeah the bit that kinda dragged it out for this part came from “wait auri haven’t written auri teaching them shit aside from that one part she teaches rael how to control his blast spells and that shit happened really early”

considering auri became relevant in this chap again i might as well uh
make today the day i upload aurielle part
(vetex’s/tech’s canon aurielle enthusiasts don’t hit me)

- Loren Rose

Buckle up, y’all.
We’re continuing the trip with Rael and the boys (or girls, technically speaking).

This is gonna be…
Hmm…
Yeah, no, I’m not ruining the fun!

After Joseph asked the trio to join him, Rael looked at Aurielle and Jean to see if they chose anything for their next destination. As they seemed to be contemplating the locations, Rael nodded at him. Aurielle noticed Rael’s answer and Jean having trouble deciding, so she answered, “We’d like to.”
     “Got it. I’ll be gathering the others in a moment, you three can head there first.” Joseph then left the trio in the tent.
     Jean asked Aurielle, making her grab the map she carried in her bag, “Wait, where are we right now?”
     “We should be somewhere around here.” Aurielle traced the map with her finger, and stopped at the area below the center unknown area. And towards the other unnamed area towards the southeast. “It might look near, but if you’re not willing to run on the water or fly, you might have to take the longer path.”
     And she continued tracing the map from their current location again, but the finger strokes became much more complicated and longer. “Well, I have a trick for this, let’s get out of here.”

Aurielle brought her two students out of the camp, and continued their quest in the swamplands, but towards a different destination.
     During their travel to the camp, Aurielle used the route where they can land on wooden boards to navigate the place. And it was the same during their trip towards the unnamed area. Until Aurielle stopped, and looked at the swamp waters ahead of their route. The only thing that appeared man-made ahead of them was a wooden rowboat, placed further than any reaching attempts that didn’t require going into the water.
     Rael looked into the water, and Aurielle commented, “I’ve tripped and drowned here before, so I wouldn’t advise walking through the waters here.”
     “You drowned here?” Jean asked in concern.
     “…It was a long story and a careless mistake on my end. But that aside,” She replied and turned to Jean, “Have I told you about hover spell?”
     “No, you haven’t. But I think I’ve figured out something about it.”
     “How much did you figure out?”
     After Aurielle asked about hover spell progress, Jean jumped and summoned two light magic circles beneath her feet that emit out a magic aura, and she stood in the air with the help of two hovering circles. But as Jean hovered towards Aurielle, she lost her balance and fell in her arms.
     “Alright, that’s good. And say, Rael. Are you bad at balancing stuff?” Aurielle turned to Rael, placing Jean down.
     Rael thought about it. “Not terrible, I think.”
     “Good,” Aurielle replied as she looked at the still waters. “Alright, I think this is perfect for it.”

She swept her arm away towards the waters, and it created a long trail of light magic circles placed on the water’s surfaces. The circles emit magic aura, and became denser in a flash.
     “Try standing on those.”
     Rael looked at the circles, and jumped towards one of them. Once his feet landed on the dense aura, he crouched down and poked it a few times, and it was like poking a solid hard object.
     As Jean watched Rael jumping around on the light magic circles, Aurielle called Rael to return. “I adapted how I cast hover spells a little, so it’s a little easier to handle other things with it.”
     Aurielle then made the circles disappear. “You’ll have to concentrate the magic energy somewhere, like on the bottom of your feet, on the air, or on any surfaces. Then you slowly expand on the concentration range so it creates a bigger platform, if that makes sense. Then the part where you can make it move around comes later.”
     She told both Rael and Jean to try creating a platform on the water first, so they can practice creating proper supporting platforms for the hovering spell. Jean was able to create light magic circles on the water surface, but after trying to create a solid surface by concentrating on the magic aura, it suddenly disappeared. Rael on the other hand, first ended up shooting blasts into the water instead, partially responsible for interrupting Jean’s concentration.
     After apologizing for messing with her concentration up, he watched her and observed how the platform was created. It was trickier since Rael didn’t have magic circles and he only needed to think to cast a spell, so tried to observe what exactly he had to visualize in his head.
     Moments of Rael watching her closely later, Jean succeeded with creating platforms on the water, and tried standing on one of them. The platform suddenly dipped into the water as she landed a foot on it, but she halted the platform from dropping her into the water. Aurielle gave her a thumbs up, followed by Rael cheering for her after the platform was stopped, and Jean continued to jump towards the other platforms she created earlier. Once she returned to the wooden board where Aurielle and Rael were standing, she exhaled all tension out of her lungs. “Phew…”
     “You’re doing great, Jean. It can be hard to concentrate on the spell like that, but it’ll pay off,” Aurielle commented as she patted her back, checked for any soldiers arriving, and turned to Rael. “It’s your turn.”
     Rael inhaled as he concentrated on creating a wooden platform on the water surface. As his magic was wood, he formed a small wooden platform hovering on the water. But during his first attempts, the platforms all dissolve into magic energy after a few moments. After a few tries with Aurielle and Jean cheering him up, he finally created a platform that lasted. He jumped and stood on the magic platform, trying to not make it move.
     “Hey, Rael. Try making a path to that rowboat.” Aurielle pointed at the rowboat they noticed earlier, prompting Rael to try to create a trail of wood magic platforms. As he created more platforms and moved away from his first one, it was hard for him to keep track of them all in his head, and it was even harder when Aurielle decided to jump on his first platform. Pressured from the possibility of making his mentor drown at this spot again, Rael held his breath and concentrated on the platforms again, and managed to keep his and Aurielle’s platforms as the rest ended up dissolving away.
     Aurielle noticed how stiff he was, she did slow hand gestures and asked him to slowly breathe. Once Rael had calmed down, he created a platform ahead of him and another platform for Jean.
     Jean looked at Rael, and he nodded.
     After Jean landed on his wooden platform, Rael continued to make more of them ahead of him, and walked ahead. Aurielle and Jean then followed him.
     Rael got into the rowboat, and kept the platforms for Aurielle and Jean to travel on it. Once the girls arrived, he slumped down, and Aurielle patted his back. As Rael sat in the center with pads placed nearby, he grabbed them and asked Aurielle, “Where are we heading next?”
     She pointed at the waters and the woods ahead of them. “Over there, and go along the waters.”
     He nodded and began to row.

As Rael rowed, Aurielle noticed the Castlian soldiers rowing from other spots towards where they were heading, and waved at them.
     Jean only recognized Joseph among them, as his silver hair stood out from everyone else with darker hairs there. And she saw another soldier on Joseph’s rowboat waving violently at them, before being smacked by Joseph.
     Aurielle grabbed a note and a pencil, and wrote something in it. Then she delivered it to Joseph with her light beam.
     Joseph looked at the spell hitting his arm, and unfolded the paper. He didn’t seem to want the rest of the rowboat to read what he was reading.
     “What was that?” Jean asked.
     Aurielle chuckled, before answering, “Oh, his big brother, Captain Levi, told me to say hi to him. I forgot about it when we were at the camp… It was pretty funny how the captain suddenly perked up after I mentioned there’ll be Castlian soldiers for our quest.”
     Jean nodded and chuckled too, as that reminded her of a certain big brother figure who also worked for Magic Council. And Rael continued to row, thinking about his older siblings.

After arriving at the woods, one of the soldiers gave a signal to split up, and their rowboats rowed to different paths. Aurielle pointed at the route they’re exploring, and Rael rowed towards the one without the other soldiers’ rowboats.
     Once they entered the woods, the trio looked around for anything that seemed off.
     Jean noticed the cuts on the trees here and there, while Aurielle noticed how the duckweed parted, as if there were people who traversed around this area recently. Though, there were no signs of any places where people could gather at places like this. Perhaps they sailed together here and had a meeting? Joseph didn’t tell Aurielle the details about it. But for the gathering to be recorded and reported to the soldiers, it may be something more suspicious.
     Their rowboat arrived at the area where the water was clear, and they can see what lied beneath the water.
     Rael noticed something off beneath the water, and stopped rowing. It was some kind of a stone frame placed on the ground beneath, and it appeared to be a human-sized hole leading to somewhere.
     But as the trio discovered the hole, they heard some rustling and creaking sounds from above.
     “A magic user!” Aurielle whispered, as she sensed for the source of the creaking sounds that became fainter. It sounded like something moved swiftly through the trees.
     She stopped Rael from rowing after the person. “Don’t, I sensed two trained magics from them.”

What’s next?
  • Rael decides to check out the underwater hole with a stone frame (the “fun” option!)
  • Rael goes after the mysterious magic user with two magics (might encounter someone rael hasn’t seen!)
  • Rael continues to row and explore the place (might bump into someone rael has seen!)

0 voters

5 Likes

Rael boutta fuck around and find out

1 Like

Post image