ADIM: Story Simulation - Chapter VII: The Last Part

Writer's Notes

can’t believe I’m almost at chapter VIII already

I had another project existential crisis yesterday, like the usual. so hopefully I won’t give up on this soon.

(tbh this is basically ‘im going to fucking prove to myself that I can work on a longer story until the end’)

rambling aside, thanks to yall who read/vote on this story

Let’s continue.

Rael shook his head to Jean’s route idea, as he pointed towards the guards surrounding the keep.
     “Alright, let’s see if I can enter from there…” Jean left from where she was, towards the tower. And Rael headed towards the guards, to ask them about the fight above.
     When he asked questions and looked overhead, the battle began to slow down when he paid close attention to it. But even with the pace slowing down, they hadn’t charged their magics between the fight so far. As Rael wondered what the hell was Dacien on—taking two lengthy fights in the same day, someone tapped his shoulder from behind. “Rael?”
     Rael turned back and found Aurielle. “…Did something happen to you? You’ve got some blood on your shirt.”
     When Aurielle pointed at the side of his damp shirt, he moved his arm away from it. The blood seeped through his shirt, and Rael’s realization kicked in as the pain became more real. He got stabbed earlier, back in the dock. And he couldn’t repress the pain to the back of his head any longer. It’s getting hurt.

The image of Aurielle blurred, and everything turned black before he could reply to her. By the time he finally said out the first word, he woke up at an infirmary.
     The bandages on his face felt lighter, as the ones on his side pressed into his skin. His body sank into the soft bed, as his heart throbbed in his ears.
     Rael jolted up, only for someone to hold him back against the bed. It was a stranger who sat by his bed.
     “Good grief,” the stranger said as they held Rael. “Get up slower, alright? You could’ve fainted there.”
     As the heartbeat in his ear slowed down, they let Rael get up—slowly this time. He wandered around the room—with him and a few strangers—and placed his hands down on a window frame. He crouched down to get a better view outside.
     “They’re still fighting?” Rael wondered as the two figures battled. He hadn’t asked how long had it been, but it’s impressive that they’re still fighting in the air until now.
     The stranger sighed as they approached Rael, tucking their hair over the ears. “It’s my first time seeing the king like this… Not that I’m impressed, I just thought he could’ve ended the fight quicker.”
     Rael opened the window and stuck his head out, looking for any signs of Aurielle and Jean. But they were nowhere from Rael’s sight.

He turned back to the stranger. "Hey, could I go out right now? I have to find someone.”
     The stranger examined Rael’s face, for a few moments. Their focus then moved down at the bandages on his body. “No.”

Something crashed from outside, followed by a ruckus.
     The king fell to the ground, and his opponent disappeared.
     “Crap,” the stranger uttered as they poked their head out the window, trying to see the king’s state.
     They later pulled Rael away from the window by his arm. “Don’t worry too much, there’s enough people to help him out. Maybe he could just stand up and walk away as if nothing happened too.”
     “Could I go outside though?”
     “No.”

• Use force to get out of the infirmary
  • Try to convince the stranger to let him out
  • Don’t go outside, and continue resting inside the infirmary instead

0 voters

Bonus poll: Whose POV should we take a peek at, as a bonus? (Will be written and uploaded between chapter VII and VIII’s break, up to two extra POVs.)
  • Kat’s and the Minotaur’s (What were they up to, after they got away from the Silent Tower?)
  • Mills family’s (What have they been doing, unaware of their son’s (Rael’s) fate?)
  • Hifumi’s and Jarl’s (Have they successfully tracked after Dacien? Where are they right now?)
  • Dacien’s and King David’s (A closer look on ‘How did they even get fighting?’)
  • The Exiled’s (What is he up to right now?)
  • Magic Council members’ (Levi/Issac/Ace) (What are they up to right now?)
  • Kai’s (What is he doing right now?)
  • No one. (If this gets to the top two, I’d only write one extra POV.)
  • No one, again. (If this, along with the option above gets to the top two, I won’t write any extra POV.)

0 voters

2 Likes