A proposal for reworking the most tedious feature of AO: Modifiers

A proposal for reworking the most tedious feature of AO: Modifiers
effort 4.371428571428571 35 quality 4.473684210526316 38 reasonability 4.347826086956522 46

no, but one similarity existing doesn’t mean there’s no dissimilarity

i mean yea ur right cause its already been made clear that we’re not getting essences for the current modifiers

I never said there wasn’t any dissimilarity, I’m saying they are similar.

There are no objective quotas for similarity, so this argument can’t be productive

Maybe, but I swear I will complain about this until it’s actually changed. Increasing modifier rates is a band aid fix, not the end all solution

Also source?

Bro he dipped the moment I mentioned a source :sob:

Found it

Sorry for the delayed answer, I’m on mobile so I have to open the forums every time I wanna check for a response , no notifications/open tabs like there is on pc

erm

What did he say? it’s deleted.

It was deleted before he replied

Ok true but

(From declined suggestions list)

Ahem.

waw… so coooll…

Shutout to all the goats who see an argument from someone rating it bad for a stupid reason and counter that rating.

Y’all are based

oh i forgot to rate

wow we’re already at 40 votes

goes to show how urgent a modifier rework is tbh

Thankfully this isn’t happening either way so upvoting it in hopes of increased reach is fruitless

yea ok balance team member

you’re doing an absolutely awful job hiding the fact you just want the grind to be harder so newer players can’t get into pvp as easily, fyi.

You’re making up ideas I don’t support, if you read my actual arguments against this you’ll realize that’s not what I want, I’m against this because it makes modifiers more similar to enchants. Simply making modified items easier to get by buffing the drop rates, or making it easier to obtain charts (which is what’s happening next update) would be a better solution, since it makes modifiers less grindy while also avoiding the problem with your suggestion

No, the root of the problem isn’t lack of modified items, it’s that the modified items we get are 95% of the time cosmetic.

The easiest way to fix it is just remove cosmetic items from the modified drop pool

1 Like

buddy.

THEY ALREADY ARE LIKE ENCHANTS

HOW DOES THIS NOT REGISTER

They’re LITERALLY just an extra boost to your stats, except UNLIKE enchants, these AREN’T CONTROLLABLE AND ARE TOTALLY RANDOM!

THERE IS ALMOST ZERO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN TWO.

“Oh boy here we go bullshit arguing again!”

What would be the point in making them even more similar to enchants