A proposal for reworking the most tedious feature of AO: Modifiers

A proposal for reworking the most tedious feature of AO: Modifiers
effort 4.371428571428571 35 quality 4.473684210526316 38 reasonability 4.347826086956522 46

@DubiousLittleTyp0

Address it now then, fix this issue. If you are a balance team member surely you have a more reasonable and fair idea then “increase the rates” right?

I mean, that’s a 0.2% more likely chance you’ll get a good apple compared to just 1 basket… but that’s… really low regardless

I already explained how increasing the rates would fix the problem of modified items being too difficult to get. I was responding to your message about the chest loot pool getting bloated cause of all the cosmetic items being added, which isnt really a balance team thing its more something testers/vetex would discuss

I know but isn’t the balance teams job coming up with good ideas to fix issues the game has with PvP? I find it hard to imagine someone with the ability to get on there doesn’t have any good or creative ideas to fix other aspects of the game

Unless…

No, the % chance of getting a good apple remains the same whether or not I have 200 or 100 apples with a 5% chance of an apple being good, but if I have more total apples naturally ill get a higher number of good apples in total

yea i already said above we dont just hyperfocus on balancing pvp, thats why i wanted to emphasize that people shouldnt think of the balance team as some pvphead group that ignores the rest of the playerbase

So your excuse for not coming up with a good idea is “the balance team is for PvP”

And then when I say that you shouldn’t only have PvP ideas you agree with me?

I never said that

Nuh uh

i said that specifically changing the chest loot pool because of item bloat isnt a balance team thing

I think you misunderstood which message i replied to

Wait what are we arguing about again

Look at what this message replies to and then look at what that message replies to

Nah I don’t care enough
I’m just gonna leave by saying modifiers being too similar to enchantments is better than whatever bullshit we have right now

:man_facepalming:

erm actually if you do the math dividing 10/190 yields a decimal number that when multiplied into a percentage gives you roughly 5.2%, meaning that the chances for getting a good apple technically increased by 0.2% :point_up::nerd:

:shushing_face: :smirk: :point_left:

you don’t divide 10 by 190 when calculating the % of good apples you got from 200 apples, you divide it by 200 :sob:

I guess you could say he had a…

Dubious little typo sitcom music plays