A proposal for reworking the most tedious feature of AO: Modifiers

A proposal for reworking the most tedious feature of AO: Modifiers
effort 4.371428571428571 35 quality 4.473684210526316 38 reasonability 4.347826086956522 46

wdym

there’s 5 apples from the good batch

that’s 95 bad apples

(this is not a reference I swear)

and thus that means there’s 10 good apples and 190 bad apples in total

…oh wait

oops

even if I did the math wrong, the correct math is even worse because it basically shows how useless the global buff is, there’s no change in percentage.

yea itd be like if you had 5 apples, one was bad, and then you had to calculate the % of bad ones but you did 4/1 instead of 5/1

There would actually be a change in percentage, since you’d get less unmodified items. There just wouldn’t be a change in percentage of bad modified items VS good modified items

Only on the forums could an argument about modifiers and enchants turn into math class

that doesn’t sound like it fixes the issue it just makes getting modified gear more common

you’re still most likely going to end up getting thousands of archaic leather leggings before getting a single crystalline attack speed amulet.

Remember that this is all without referring to the issues of HPC(high part count) islands having potentially bugged charts AND taking very long to complete (ironically enough though, sameria doesn’t have this issue).

Sameria is like 20 parts total

3/4ths of it is just a massive flat plane, what else did you expect

Meanwhile palo town:

Oh my gosh, good point, we’ve basically been thinking about modifiers in a vacuum, there’s so many other variables to consider that make this whole thing so much worse

It’s ironic that the biggest island in the game doesn’t have it as bad as the detestable grand navy’s isle.

Cant forget about 70% of the time getting common charts which have an incredibly low chance of giving you a good item, let alone on a good island with the modifier you want

Ravenna with 4 possible modifiers:

Oh AND on the part with the modifiers you want (sand giving superheated/sandy, dirt giving archaic/crystalline)

well, i think this topic has the most replies i’ve seen in a suggestion

I really really really want a modifier rework ok

This keeps going lmao lol, I’m enjoying this

10 hour bump

(It has begun, the bumpening)

U can make there be forum notifications on ur phone, just change the settings (im on mobile too)

why 3 star :pensive:

ill try that, thanks