A proposal for reworking the most tedious feature of AO: Modifiers

A proposal for reworking the most tedious feature of AO: Modifiers
effort 4.371428571428571 35 quality 4.473684210526316 38 reasonability 4.347826086956522 46

whats wrong with the suggestion

dawg.

2%

:sob:

Unless there’s some unforeseen issue with the fodder-item vs good-item ratio i dont see a problem

this is our balancing team :sleeper:

“2%” was an example meant to show that buffing the rates wouldnt JUST increase the amount of bad modified items you get, itd also increase the amount of good ones

I aint readin all 300 posts to see if someone already said this, but just make it so you can get other modifiers in the dark C,
The dark sea has an insane (:wink:) amount of chests and loot, the issue is, unless its dark sea exclusive its all useless garbage
just make it so islands can give modifiers respective to their biome, like ice islands giving frozen, ect ect

also make the island called BLASTED rock give the BLASTED modifier

1 Like

ok let me backtrack a bit, we probably need to understand what’s considered a “good” modified item and a “bad” modified item, before we can understand if boosting the global drop rates would actually fix anything.

boosting the global drop rates would boost the rates of any modified item so naturally itd affect the probability of you getting a good modified item

to be honest does anyone even know what the current probabilities are for getting modified items? on top of the probability of a specific item in a lootpool?

idk if yall think we just balance pvp but thats not true, there’s no anti pve agenda within the balance team we actively try to look for things to suggest to make progression more fun

right, but it’d also affect getting the bad stuff, so it’s somewhat of a pointless boost.

I think we need to find items that are specifically considered viable and make those more common, or something along those lines.

50% for an item being modified, 1/however many armor pieces there are for specific items.

So 0.5/number of armor pieces total for the one you want.

See the issue?

:grimacing:

yea, even if we made the drop rates more likely, that doesn’t really fix the core issue

It’s not pointless because you still get more good stuff. If I have a basket with 100 apples and 5 of them are good to eat, getting another identical basket with 100 apples would give me 10 apples that are good to eat regardless of if the % of bad apples to good apples remains the same. Just like getting more modified items gives you more good modified items even if the amount of bad modified items also increases

I think this was mentioned before but maybe items you dig up can only be modified if they’re within a certain level range of you.

I.E: you can still get toothpicks and clown noses, but if you’re level 140, you’ll never get them modified, you’re far more likely to get something actually useful, like modified arcanium and amulets.

2 Likes

And vetex LOVESSS to add more cosmetic armor every update. It just keeps inflating and the price keeps going up and up and the moment we hit 1000 armor pieces total the item you want will be rare as a sunken.

That plus the rarity of getting a treasure chart to the island you want (which varies wildly so I didn’t include it) causes a huge constantly increasing issue, the need for a rework WILL become necessary at some point

Here’s the thing, vetex cant do that since modifiers are rolled AFTER the item, that wouldn’t make modified good items more common, it would just make modified bad items rarer

the best way I can see this going is one of 2 options:

-make more valuable armors specifically more likely to get modified

-make items that are drastically lower level than you or don’t meet a certain EP requirement become unable to be modified

yea chest loot-pool bloat will have to be addressed eventually, itll probably be split between seas or something

1 Like