A proposal for reworking the most tedious feature of AO: Modifiers

A proposal for reworking the most tedious feature of AO: Modifiers
effort 4.371428571428571 35 quality 4.473684210526316 38 reasonability 4.347826086956522 46

it’s ok they’re a redditor just ignore em

Oh got it :+1:

Update, muted em :100:

Thanos Blocked Users Discord Gif GIF - Thanos Blocked Users Discord Gif - Discover & Share GIFs

It’s not a superiority complex when you are superior

Yeah that’s appropriate here

I’m not telling you which though (cuz it’s both :100:)

RB1 alt incoming

I think if this idea was to go through, a downside would be the loss of the sense of there being “second place” prizes. For example, say I’m digging up blasted. I might not get a power or arcanium, but maybe I’ll get sorcerer gear, or some pauldrons. Perhaps I’ll get something that just looks cool, like blasted steel. After this is implemented, the only thing worth my attention would be “Blasted Essence”.

Then there’s the trade factor to consider. I’m not talking about value, but rather what people will look for. Would you look through someone’s equipment items to see if they have the modified item you want, or would you look for “* Essence” and call it a day? I liked searching through inventories, seeing if I could find what I am looking for, and trying to make a deal.

In addition, with the new rewards from treasure charts in the next update, there will be more people doing treasure charts, which means more supply, which means the modified items will be more available without the need for modifier essences.

I don’t think this idea would ruin the game, or even be a net decrease in quality seeing how some feel about it, but I think there would be some trade-offs, and I wouldn’t want to make that trade.

Then again, if we can throw tradeable quest items into the deal, then I’d be happy. I could get myself a full set of modified banana backpacks.

True

To be honest if they did something like making modifiers like this, but also introduced a new set of tradeoff modifiers like Atlantean which can ONLY be found at their respective locations, that would probably be good for the game. The “forgotten” stat from the false hydra suggestion could be one, drawback another, and we could remove Atlantean essence so pre-Atlantean items are allowed (and this would probably BOOST the economy by making Atlantean boss gear extremely valuable.)

Also respect for actually rating the suggestion appropriately despite your personal opinion

have i seen you fishing before? i recognize your username

I hate modifier slop inventory clutter!!!

imaginary technique: bump

Ngl kinda weird how the only people that dislike this suggestion are people who have invested far too much time into charts

(and soifonfan but they are a weirdo with a superiority complex)

100% chance they have a fedora at home

seriously why the heck would you keep a negative rating if the problem you have is solved!??

Truly, a master baiter. (this is going on quotables isn’t it)

This was the main thing I was planning on suggesting if this suggestion got denied, that treasure chart chests should mainly give you items with actual stats instead of level 50 garbage and vanity items.

The bloat is only going to get worse as more vanity items get added, (which if you’ve been following the trello updates there’s A LOT) and if this isn’t adressed modified items are going to eventually become more elusive and frustrating to grind than sunkens

This is also not to mention the fact that it’ll bloat your inventory the same way different colored items used to

yeah that’s one of my big issues with it.

despite what the people, who I’m pretty sure are ragebaiting (except stock who has a gambling addiction), say. A rework is NECESSARY if we want the game to stay alive. a blasted power amulet shouldnt be rarer than a sunken, and if it is something is severely wrong

Cool

1 Like