A proposal for reworking the most tedious feature of AO: Modifiers

A proposal for reworking the most tedious feature of AO: Modifiers
effort 4.371428571428571 35 quality 4.473684210526316 38 reasonability 4.347826086956522 46

Problem there, Sunken Iron has the right stats for drowned. Size and defense.
Issue, Sunken Warrior doesn’t, it carries attack speed, and only attack speed. They are sunked.

sunken items are just wetter duh

ok then say “the arcanium this armor is made out of is already conducting the magic energy of another medium, the modifier would have no effect”

Since modifiers (I think) are just byproduts of natural magic energy, we can just say that said boss/sunken drop has already been infused with the most it could hold. As for why boss drops would be infused with some already, we can just claim that we naturally imbue our own energy into them (this could create a new mechanic that changes modifier-less gear as you use them).

Technically it’s just iron armor with a “sunken” modifier. So we can say that this “Sunken” modifier is just a magic-infused advancement of what the armor is already good at, and size I guess.

sunken essence on calvus :100:

Sunken Essence is no-go.

literally 1984

I don’t think people who disagrees with this understand just how grindy charts/modifiers are and why nobody likes them.

Consider: at one point I wanted to get a crystalline arcsphere, so I used a low level alt to farm 20 darkpine charts (took around more than an hour).
With this method, you can then party your alt with your main, and dig up the charts your alt found.

The issue is arcspheres are rare, or at least a lot more uncommon than regular items.
The other issue? If you DO manage to dig up this arcsphere, it has three separate chances to be:
A. Clean
B. Archaic
C. Crystalline

At the end of the day, I had to at least grind >30 darkpine charts before I found a crystalline arcsphere.

The other items I dug up are trash items (think like an archaic poor quality amulet or a pirate shirt), making it a large waste of time.

Oh, and this was using alt method…now imagine being a new player who wants a crystalline item but constantly gets charts for irrelevant islands.

“you don’t NEED modifiers to win”
gamers will want to optimize everything
It doesn’t help that normal items like titanium armor are completely useless when modified versions of it exist, like blasted titanium armor.

1 Like

no stocksounds just has a gambling addiction

Heavily edited this comment of mine, felt like I had to give a heads-up.

seriously though we should stop arguing and start talking about the idea itself. if you have a problem with it, explain why, maybe it will be edited to fix that issue.

wouldn’t you rather have a suggestion you only partially like enter the game than one you don’t like not enter the game at all

please make it so we don’t have to gamble AGAIN after gambling for the akursius chart in the first place

On god

thats facts the other day i was thinking about how long it would take for the average player to make a good build its like 30-40 hours and double that if you’re going for sunken. Its too long! Also I like doing charts but it gets me so upset when I’m level 140 and I get a poor amulet it feels like the game is spitting in my face

blasted power amulet: :smile:

(dull): :sleeper:

I think the only essences strong enough to be applied to boss drops should be solely from the Dark Sea.

This is great, I can’t explain the amount of times I’ve made a build in the gear builder and just didn’t do it because there was a modifier on an item and I didn’t want to spend forever trying to get it

great suggestion, the only problem with it is that u’r almost guaranteed to get those essance wich is wayy too op, i think they should be rarer since they can be applied to any armor

ur not tho

if you read the suggestion I stated numerous times that the only instance you’re likely to get an essentia is through a legendary chart.

(also another person just casually butchering my reasonability :sleeper:)