A proposal for reworking the most tedious feature of AO: Modifiers

A proposal for reworking the most tedious feature of AO: Modifiers
effort 4.371428571428571 35 quality 4.473684210526316 38 reasonability 4.347826086956522 46

A blasted essence would probably look like an overcooked marshmallow.

compared to what? this is for modifiers in general, and it doesn’t even change the stats. PVP wouldn’t change in the slightest, its just a qol feature for build making.

also who uses “ur” but takes the time to put an apostrophe there

shouldve been a no brainer, objective stat upgrades should not be locked behind rng grind

if a minor spelling mistake ruins your argument then several major grammar mistakes get you executed on the spot

no capitalisation

No punctuation

lack of comma

There’s no capitalization, improper spelling, and a lack of punctuation.

This sentence has a lack of punctuation.

Again, there’s no capitalization, improper grammar, and a lack of a period.

Come on, man.

Then we shall duel to the death.

Alright boys I want a nice clean fight, no aiming for anything above the neck, got it?

i’m giving this 5 stars instead of the usual 4 because of whatever happened earlier

anything to reduce RNG is good :+1:

1 Like

please

While at first I myself was worrying: “what about the items that couldn’t get a modifier except the atlantean”, now thinking about it, while it would boost the boss items even more, and make the less efficiency points armor pieces even less used, this could still be fun.
and about the modifier removal, I like the atlantean thrown off by virtuous enchant, and I think such pairs could be made for all other
frozen - charged (I guess hot, cause energy, charged, yk)
crystalline - explosive (blew out the crystals
archaic - armored (new armor on technically lol)
Blasted - Brisk (also cooling)
superheated - Hasty (cools down I guess)
drowned - agile (dry it on wind)
sandy - resistance (I don’t remember if any other enchantment would be better)
if someone has better ideas for these, do tell!

I’m a fan of charts and this suggestion would be peak if not for this part. The entire point of modifiers was to buff weaker armor but this throws that out the window.

The modifiers on those drops would make stat bloat be even more hellish, therefore I think it sucks.

And antlantean armor has an insanity downside which is why nobody complains about it.

2 Likes

…I did put that boss items and sunkens could just be unable to have modifiers

istg people will destroy your suggestion over a single error that was literally mentioned in the text

And where exactly did you say this?

@SoifonFan74473727720

Forums actually use their eyes challenge (demon impossible skibidi level hard)

Should’ve formatted better and deleted the entire text that I quoted and replaced it with a more longer version of what you quoted instead of a short sentence near the end.

My 10th grade teacher pulled this all the time so she could give us F’s. Although this is an L on my part.

Instead I’ll just give you low ratings for poor formatting. Learn to write a better essay lil bro (half joking)

this is the nerdiest insult I think I’ve seen this week

redditmaxxing

anything to not deal with fucking modifiers again

Nah it’s not an insult, you’ll need writing skills for college.

:nerd: