A proposal for reworking the most tedious feature of AO: Modifiers

A proposal for reworking the most tedious feature of AO: Modifiers
effort 4.371428571428571 35 quality 4.473684210526316 38 reasonability 4.347826086956522 46

Poor grammar makes it so it’s more difficult to understand what’s going on with the topic. Thus harder to get to the actual point and the intention of the suggestion.

So usually I would also downgrade my rating if the suggestion writing is absolutely horrendous. As it would also make it harder for those who would want to implement the suggestion.
The difference is that I don’t steep to the extreme level of ignorance where I just stop reading the entire thing and make arguments ignoring what has already been addressed.

it’s still giving you a buff isn’t it?

and stronger armor can’t even run modifiers so it’s fair as is

Man maybe I should format my next suggestion a bit better next time :frpensive: didn’t realize my grammar was THIS bad

Nah it’s debuffing those weak uncommon armor sets with debuffs. Which is bad because they’re already weak.

then just… fix the armor scaling.

The problem: People don’t always like collecting modifiers besides atlantean essence
The solution: Use boss drops and items that can’t have modifiers.

As if buffing the stronger armors wouldn’t do the same.
The issue you’re trying to convey is the power difference between weak armors and strong armors, which wouldn’t be solved regardless of if the modifiers have disadvantage or not.

What exactly do you mean buffing stronger armor. I’m saying that most of the stuff that can get those common modifiers are already weak in the first place, therefore they don’t need debuffs.

Debuffing weak armors make it weaker, thus make it less desirable compared to stronger armors.

Buffing stronger armors also make it stronger, thus make weak armors less desirable in comparison.

It doesn’t matter if the modifiers are weak, strong, or have disadvantage. It would not solve the underlying issue of stronger armors simply being well… stronger.

Yes, modifiers are the only thing that makes chest items on-par with boss drops. If boss drops could have them, they’d be way better like they were before.

I see your point but they still don’t need to be nerfed down already for something that people use because they can’t afford sunkens and stuff.

The dark sea and boss drops and stuff are always going to be stronger but that doesn’t mean the weaker ones can be obliterated into nothing

It’d be like thermo but actually bad and not an exaggeration.

Name a single build which is optimized and doesn’t have modifiers, you cant because “amulets are required for builds” and amulets have modifiers. This is just a pipe dream to make modifiers optional, which isn’t gonna happen

My intention isn’t that I am trying to balance weak items into something stronger. Rather, make each item more unique (or varied) by having modifiers.
To make it different from enchantments which directly increase the power of an item without any direct cost.

If that were the case, the original system would be fine as it is. It also meant the core issue of modifiers being a requirement would not be solved.

What about this?

754 is ass in today’s meta ngl

I don’t care about EP.

That build is a 3 way substat build, and it makes we want to vomit

also, agility is borderline useless due to the rework.

That’s what I thought, but people kept telling me it was still viable even without 200 of it.