A story(ies)

Alright, community thing, I think this fits here Here’s the rule(s) One person writes a paragraph, another writes another, we build upon it. This could start as whatever y’all want since I’m about to turn in anyways. So, get to it. I’m excited to see this “garden” grow tomorrow.

10 Likes

ok heres a random prompt to start:

Somewhere, someplace unknown, a kid wakes up.

1 Like

The day was dark and dreary, the rain thundering down in sheets. What, who, why, we will never know. Just a kid and the rain, in the dark, waking.

Lightning flashes can be heard in the distance, vegetation is everywhere the kid looks.

The child slowly rises to it’s feet. It takes a closer look at the surroundings. Upon closer inspection, there seems to be a pathway through the vegetation. A tiny worn trail leading to somewhere.

He could tell the trail was worn because of footprints left in the mud by animals and people. It must have been raining for a while

1 Like

The kid eventually begins walking toward the path, immediately noticing the cut on his foot, rendering him unable to walk with one of his feet.

After a few moments, the kid sees a man in the distance, he’s in ragged clothing, soaked like our hero, his black hair seemed almost reflective in the rain. He was staring down at what looked like a small, makeshift cross of some kind, with a relatively large dirt mound in front of it.

The kid walked closer and the man said “You’re finally awake”

(should i ruin the story in one sentence?)

“Well, he didn’t make it.” He fixes a sign made of flat broken wood on the hastily crafted cross. The heavy rain makes the etched letters barely visible. “Well Tucker, at least you died free.” His mournful tears joins the indifferent downpour.

@FLIPIN_OUT (dont you dare)
However they did understand the language, the kid didn’t understand what the man was talking about, the man turned to him and said “I’m glad you’re alive”.

(I am pleasantly surprised how this has turned out)
The man continued “You don’t know who I am, do you?”. The kid shook his head slowly. “My name is Morden, and yours is Azuron. We ran away from a group trying to study us, performing experiments on us. You and I are the only survivors”.

“Do you need a hug?”, Azuron asks Morden.

“No,” Morden replies, “There are still important matters to see to.”

“I’ll try to meet you at Redwake, we passed it while you were out, to the east from here, take Tucker’s boat,” Morden continued “Oh, and take this dagger, you’ll probably need it.” And so Azuron took the rowboat out to sea, the sun rising on the horizon, with what felt like the whole War Seas to come.

The sun was cheerfully gleaming in the sky by the time Azuron had reached the pillars that touched the sky. The rowboat drifted to a lurched stop as the oars were pulled in a desperate attempt to stop the boat.

Morden had showed Azuron how to get around in the boat, but certainly not how to stop

Azuron’s rowboat glitches out and yeets them on Mount Othyrs. (Sorry guys I may have ruined the story, but I gotta be realistic to AO)

Azuron richochets off Mount Orthys miraculously, and after what felt like a few moments in the air, he plummeted back into the ocean near the docks of redwake, where he saw a woman cowering under a platform, presumably from the several armed individuals above her, bearing rusty old swords and crooked smiles.

Before he did anything however, he noticed he had some stat points he could use, after some thinking, he decided to invest in weapons and strength, thus turning him into a brand new warlord.

Azuron gets struck by lightning and dies and gets the “struck by lightning” badge.

2 Likes

Wake up… Azuron…
The rain, there’s no sound but the rain.
Azuron cracks open his eyes and groans. “Ah, so you’re finally awake.” A man is standing in front of him, clothes in rags.