[ABYSS SEA] That's not the Captain anymore

there are gonna be some pretty strong canon characters that have been mutated so hopefully some of them could make it so the infected are proven to be a formidable threat

there’s gotta be a consequence to using curse magic though, maybe it makes the magic poisoning worse??? like climate change???

1 Like

There already is thought; they go insane, can’t swim in Sea Water due to the magic pollution caused by Durza.

The worst of all, is that they attract the unholy sea monsters that are insanely powerful, such as Alpha White Eyes and other abominations

this is so fucking cool and would make an awesome analog horror

Im a 100% sure that curse users would be able to deal with those, Beringer was a exception due to the Cloud Curse being insanely weak. The main question is about the average curse, that makes their user insanely strong. They’re able to do considerable damages to the land or even long lasting, putting them into this A.U would be a issue unless we fix it other wise.

Oh god this is devolving into my nerdy arguments about lore

i want ppl to be contributing to this idea not trying to disprove its legitimacy in canon :pensive::pensive:

i say free yourselves from the confines of lore and just gO WITH ITTTTT

Have the curse users go insane / peacekeeper killed them all early, fixed.

1. Curse users going insane doesn’t really solve much (they’re still very much capable of fighting) and 2. While peacekeeper does want to get rid of curses, I doubt he would go out of his way to kill curse users unless they were evil to some degree

maybe they need to be isolated somehow, or just unable to cover large ground in a short amount of time, as they would be a danger to others

also just gonna casually remove their ability to fly in this au

we givin drawbacks to curse usage with this one :fire:

they need them tbh, gotta humble them somehow :unamused:

or just nerf flying like in uncapped WOM, where you could only fly for 1-3 seconds as a level 125.

So having a cure barley helps and might even make things worse

called a curse for a reason, gotta make it so the reward is equal to the risk

1 Like

Makes sense

Tbh you could do extreme air borne pollution, which makes it impossible to properly fly due to the low visiblity.

I also had the idea of them being passively dangerous to their surrounding, they’re spreading the effect of their curse.
i would call it “Catastrophe” but basically, using their curse power or just being around other people in general causes that catastrophe to build up, leading to disasters related to their elements occuring, supernatural, and natural accidents / disasters related to that event could be worsened passively by their presence.

A volcanic erruption would have more chances to occur if Trigno was near a volcano, if it happened, it would be far worse than what it should have been

After Vetex confirmed that even weapon and fs users could reach top 15 in the verse and the fact that lower tier curse users like beringer are kinda chumps, that leaves a lot of room for the highest tier atlanteans to beat lower to average tier curse users. Thats just talking about the strongest atlanteans, which if you didn’t know can get to crazy high levels at the higher tiers, possibly 1v1ing some middle of the road curse users. What I’m talking about is a curse user getting ganked by these guys. Not even mentioning this AU could just add Atlantean curse users.

Like genuinely I think you’re underestimating the Atlanteans considering some of them in the game rn reach the level we’ll be at the end of the game.

If we’re gonna go off by ingame levels.

Normal players can easily kill atlanteans by attacking them by surprise with certain builds, many people have done this several time.
I dont really see the point of arguing specifically about lower tier curses, like Cloud Curse, which is a rare case.
The average curse is extremely powerful, atlanteans wouldn’t be able to rival them that easily, taking Beringer as an example is bad.

Also i doubt Atlantean Curse users could exist? Idk, do atlanteans go in the water? that would be kinda weird

1st lore debate on forum like a nerd, last time i had a lore debate was on the discord, ages ago.

Atlanteans require dark sea water to continue living, so realistically none of them could utilize a curse

Me finding a Atlantean on Mars (there was water how foolish of me)

2 Likes

eternal rain by chance