[ABYSS SEA] That's not the Captain anymore

“The Cap’s been shut in their quarters for the past week ever since we took a voyage into the Dark Sea, and I hear strange noises here and there behind the door. I’ve respected their space, but I’ve been getting really worried.”

edcover

After playing After the Flash and getting bombarded by MLP Infection posts, I made an AO AU where Atlanteans invaded the War Seas, and began to rapidly transform the human population into beasts like them.

I am now genuinely terrified of my own drawings, who allowed the voices to tell me to cook

Atlantean up close:

Honorable mention to the person on ao3 who had a similar idea!

i got this done at 3am

96 Likes

wtf :worried:
I really like it but like
wtf :worried:
I watched that video at 1:00AM

4 Likes

:grin: :grin: :grin:
sweet dreams

3 Likes

the grippers…

7 Likes

im so honored to have brought someone out of 7 months of radio silence

4 Likes

faith-cross-sign

6 Likes

Bruh now this really makes me wanna see how the bronze sea would fare against a massive atlantean invasion. The only safe spots might be the sky islands.

3 Likes

An alternate reality where Atlanteans don’t die outside of the dark sea, eh, curse users could probably deal with the outbreak

2 Likes

THATS SO GOOD? I love scary stuff, very nice. (Also what program do you use to animate)

2 Likes

For this I drew the frames/elements in Medibang paint and edited them with Premiere Pro :))

(gotta use my school’s free adobe subscription while i still can)

2 Likes

Cirrus Island would be a refuge to anyone who dares to scale the Stepstones, in which its base is already swarming with Atlanteans

They can’t climb them… yet.

2 Likes

I actually didn’t know that they didn’t die outside the Dark Sea, but conveniently I made it so that the barrier between the War Seas and Dark Sea had somehow been broken and the whole world fell under its magic poisoning effects

So the Atlanteans just kinda got new real estate

2 Likes

Ooooh, makes me wonder what would happen if one did manage to climb up. Atlantean ships are bad enough, last thing we need is Atlantean skyships.

1 Like

I didn’t know it either until someone made a suggestion post regarding a potential Atlantean raid. Also, I don’t necessarily think there is a barrier between the war seas and the dark sea, it’s just some portions of the sea were less irritated from Durza’s babyrage blast.

4 Likes

forgive me, not a big lorehead yet and idk aa/wom’s stories fully :sob::sob:

i kinda wanna make a general AU post with the base concept and allow commenters to add onto this concept, cause I think it would be fun as a community to explore

1 Like

did he live

1 Like

yes!!! but now hes captainless :pensive:

2 Likes

Please do, this is easily one of the best AO ideas I’ve ever seen.

1 Like

holy crap this is scarily good
I always felt AO was starting to tip into the horror genre with stuff like the Dark Sea and Sea Monsters this just heightens my fears lol
Good work!

1 Like

I’m not that big of a lore reader either, most of my knowledge was from trusted members.

1 Like