ADIM: Story Simulation - Chapter VIII: The Last Part

Writer's Notes

now i stop updating this for another week

not sure if anyone actually figures out my adim update pattern but I made a quick calendar thingy for the updates

it’s basically the “when to expect this part/chapter to be uploaded”

also take care of your health

Considering how this is ‘another checkpoint’ of the story, it wouldn’t hurt if I say something about this, right?

Hmm…

Well, we’re hunting down Dacien, and this story will end in the next four chapters—precisely at chapter XII.
I don’t know about you, but this makes me feel like knowing when someone will die, haha.

Uh… What do I say…
Good luck not getting Rael killed!

Or… If you don’t like controlling Rael, good luck taking him out then!

Going after Aurielle to the Silent Tower would be the safest option for both Rael and Jean, considering how they weren’t familiar with places Dacien might escape to. Rael grabbed the bag they got from King David, Jean tucked the map inside her cloak, and they headed outside of Summer Hold.
     After running along the path towards the Silent Tower, they caught up with Aurielle and went inside the tower together. With the tower’s state from yesterday’s attack, Rael and Jean had to wait at the reception floor, while Aurielle was heading upstairs. The two students only knew that Aurielle wanted to inform the Magic Council members of the Dacien situation, and that’s about it.
     As they waited for Aurielle, Rael realized he hadn’t talked to Jean about things outside of their quests, since their first meeting. The more he thought back about their conversations, it was mostly hints of their backstories and their next actions—barely any casual talks.

Time passed by, as several Magic Council members passed by. Rael’s and Jean’s wait ended as Aurielle returned with Issac and Ace, outside of their uniforms.
     With two students, two council soldiers, and Aurielle gathered together—they’re now ready for the next quest to track down and stop Dacien’s next move.

Along their way through the forests, Rael and Jean noticed other squads from the tower here and there. But no signs of Dacien being around.
     “If we can’t find him, other squads might.”
     That was Aurielle’s explanation for the other squads, aside from Issac and Ace who came with them.
     “Or we might find things he left behind instead, and that’s what we are after too.”
     Aside from running towards their destination aimlessly, Issac led the squad towards Rainville town, and asked the citizens about any signs of the Dark Arts Society guild. Afterward, they tracked after dark wizards and criminals they were told about—going after them one by one, and discovering new clues one by one.

The five stopped at another town—away from Rainville—for a break. With everything they gathered from Rainville’s citizens and the wizards they tracked down, their clues didn’t seem to lead them to anywhere new.
     All that’s left was—

“Look!” Jean alerted everyone as she pointed at the distant beam shooting into the sky. Despite how distant it was from their current stop, it shined bright for a few seconds, before it flickered, and disappeared.
     After the beam’s disappearance, Rael felt a familiar presence moving past him, as Aurielle and Jean saw a dark figure rushing past the city.
     “Wait, is that—!” Aurielle turned after the dark figure she saw.
     Rael’s eyes widened once he recognized the familiar presence—that once stabbed him before, and when he turned to Issac and Ace, they thought they felt something similar moving past both of them too.
     But when both Rael and Aurielle had to point where did the presence and the shadow figure go, they both pointed in different directions, away from the beam they saw earlier.

What’s your preferred route? Depending on the options, the five may or may not go together.
  • Go after Rael’s presence. (Revenge)
  • Go after Aurielle’s shadow figure. (Hunt)
  • Go after the beam. (Discovery)
  • Don’t go. (???)

0 voters