ADIM: Story Simulation - Chapter X: Residue

Writer's Notes

i’m actually scared now that story simulation is near the end

ik the ending could be manipulated by the poll options n all, but I’m scared of fucking the ending execution up haha

but eh, i don’t intend to make this a great story. i just want to be able to finish a story like this (for at least once).

hm. it’s still too early to talk about the future

anyways, see y’all again with chapter xi next week!

Chapter X is coming to an end, I see…

There’s a special poll on the last part.!
I haven’t said anything about the options for…
Weeks? Months?
…Eh, it shouldn’t matter too much, I’ve already lost track of time either way.

Remember how Rael got a ‘new but familiar’ feeling after this poll?

It’s the poll that decides on Rael’s next magic—that could either be any magics out there or…
His new magic wouldn’t come out at all.
Whatever happened to his second magic, it’ll be told in this part.
(Considering how this poll ended with a tie, I had to readjust my interpretations for each option too…)

The last thing he remembered before waking up here was Kat, who was stepping outside of the cave.
           Rael looked around the unfamiliar room as he folded the blanket, and noticed a scarred man lying on the bed next to his. After a moment of being watched, the man jolted up and looked at Rael for a moment. "Wait, aren’t you that Rael? What are you doing here?”
           Rael took a bit to register the man’s voice, before he nodded at the first question. The man sounded somewhat familiar, but he couldn’t pinpoint where he heard him before. “I guess someone brought me here. Who are you, by the way?”
           “…The Exiled,” he answered, as he looked around the room—like he was looking for something.
           And Rael’s memory clicked. As the Exiled got up from his bed, Rael tried to remember anything else from his encounter with Kat.

The strange feeling he felt back then was still there, but not as tense as what he remembered—back then, its sensation felt heavy and restrained. But right now, it felt like it was flowing around Rael’s body, like blood. From what he could tell, this seemed to be… another magic? It felt oddly warm—almost indistinguishable from the fever he had before.
           He opened his palm, as the warm sensation took over his arm. After a moment, hot magic burst out from it, leaving spills on the ground.
           Once he inspected the spills closer before they disappear, he could only think of one thing—it looked like the magic Kat had back then: Magma Magic.
           So that’s why it felt familiar, he thought.
           Wait. If it’s this familiar to him, could this mean anything?
           He then cast his wood magic on one hand, and his weaker magma magic on the other hand. His second magic was unlocked, and it only brought questions into his head.
           The Exiled watched Rael staring at traces of his own magic for a while, before he spotted a note on the table, and unfolded it.

After a while of reading the note, Exiled passed it to Rael. “The message’s for you too.”
           Rael accepted the note and read it, while the Exiled left the room.
           The letter was from Aurielle. And she told both Rael and the Exiled to stay in the house and recover, as the squad had already gone after Kat and Dacien.
           After finishing the note, he flipped to the back and noticed the signed address—21 Salore House, Stoneburg. Then Rael left the room, and noticed the Exiled who already changed into his fully armored and armed self. And he’s heading outside, despite their note saying otherwise.
           But hey, he didn’t feel that terrible after waking up, it couldn’t be that bad if something went wrong again.

After heading out, Rael rushed after the Exiled to catch up with his speed. He had no idea where the Exiled was heading to, but they had already gone outside the town.
           Once they left the town, Rael noticed magic attacks flying from the desert ahead of them, and followed it.
           Both of them arrived at a canyon, as the magic attacks flew from the valleys beneath them. A fight took place there—between Aurielle and Jean, versus Kat and the two magic users he couldn’t see clearly. Issac and Ace were nowhere to be seen here.
           And the Exiled went ahead of him, joining the fight with a slash towards the two unknown wizards.
           He looked for Kat in the fight again, and spotted her moving around—like she was flying all around the valley. From what he could tell… She didn’t seem to be giving up anytime soon, as she avoided Aurielle’s and Jean’s attacks, letting the two other magic users attack them with their own magics.
           It shouldn’t matter if he didn’t feel any stronger by his new magic. As long as he had something he was able to use, he stood a better chance in this fight, he believed.
           But he didn’t want to mess up again either. Compared to Jean and Aurielle, he noticed he was weaker than both of them, magic-wise. So jumping straight into the magic fight would be too reckless of him…

• Go with the “Reckless Option” anyway.
  • Look for a better entrance into the fight.
  • Wait for the opportunity to join in.
  • Attack Kat (and possibly the two other wizards) with his magic from above.
  • Return to Stoneburg.

0 voters

2 Likes

Good story. I am expecting great things. If I had a like to give I would. :frcryin:

1 Like

Reading this is making me more and more tempted to try and start a series.

1 Like

id be down to read your series

I’d also be down.