ADIM: Story Simulation - Chapter XI: Boiling

Writer's Notes

it’s your boy, bnt.

i’ll say this with the least spoiler possible: I’M ACTUALLY SCARED OF MAKING THE ENDING FLOP HARDER THAN MY HEALTH IN THE PAST FEW YEARS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

thank you for reading.

also I’m glad this isn’t Average Day in War Seas since I’m afraid of accidentally leaking AO content in my funni oc story

oh fun fact, I actually did a tarot card reading to figure out this part’s details
shoutout to Seventh Sphere Tarot - Rider Waite Smith deck, it saved my ass during the outlining part this time

Thumbnail art

The “let Kat go” option won last time, I see.
:^)

Rael strangled Kat further and further, until the anger in her face weakened. It was the same face he remembered seeing, when he was strangling the other people that he had beaten up. He’s familiar with that expression enough to guess when she would pass out, and maybe when she would never get up again.
           Her fingers clung to his arms. And once she gagged, something Rael didn’t want to remember returned.
           She’s still his family.
           Rael’s grip loosened for a moment.
           She isn’t, he repeated to himself. But once he tried strangling her again, the same thought repeated.
           She’s still his family.
           Rael buried all the thoughts—about Kat being his family member—into the back of his head. If she was really his family, why would she attack him? Why didn’t he know she existed, until that day at the Bronze Grasslands?
           Kat’s eyes closed, exhausted from her attempts to break free.
           She’s still his fami—
           And Rael shook his hands off her neck, dropping her body onto his magic platform. His hands froze in the place, realizing what he did.

He tried killing his twin.

That was the realization he didn’t want to hear. It didn’t matter how much he tried to deny that Kat wasn’t his family, that realization had already sunk in his heart.
           Kat got up with dizzied motions, but she could still cast her magic. Rael blocked the frozen iron attacks from her, and he noticed the smug look returning to her face.
           “What’s wrong?” Kat asked, with a sneer in her voice. “Giving up already?”
           Rael didn’t answer. His head still felt hazy at the thought of her being his family. He didn’t know what to define her, except for this one sound in his head that kept insisting she’s his family.
           “Perhaps you’re too good to kill… a twin?”
           He didn’t even bother attacking back, despite the taunts. The numbness from Kat’s attacks felt lighter than the fact he tried to kill a family member.
           Though, there were several questions that needed to be asked, now that she’s here. But what to ask? Looking at her, and thinking about his life before they met, he had an idea.
           Since both of his parents had never mentioned Kat before, and he just met her a few days ago, he thought Kat might have some clue about it.
           “Why haven’t I seen you around before?”

She froze, looking right into his eyes.
           Kat said something under her breath, as she shut her eyes. And once she opened them, that smug was gone.
           As Rael expected her to answer, her hand grabbed him by the shirt. She wouldn’t say anything, as she prepared her fist, ready to punch into his face. But as he expected the incoming attack, he felt something odd.
           She could’ve punched him right away, but why hadn’t she? Was that punch meant for something else? She didn’t seem like she was preparing for a stronger punch.
           There’s something in the way her hand went between being tense, and being relaxed. He couldn’t really figure out what this could mean. He only knew that she hadn’t punched him yet.
           Kat’s grab on his shirt didn’t make him lose that much balance, and his arms were still let loose.

Rael pulled her in for a hug, tight enough to trigger some reactions from her. His arms tightened around her as she tried to break free from the hug—and she gave in, wrapping her arms around him.
           He held her with all the guilt inside him. He had been lying to himself—even if Dacien, or Aurielle had hinted about their connections before.
           Everything Rael wanted to say right now, was let out by the way he hugged her—like how he did to his parents, siblings, and the rest of his family. He couldn’t tell if Kat would think the same, but that’s all he could do.

“…How’s your family? Like the one that took you in,” Kat quietly asked.
           Rael nodded at the question. “Good.”
           She paused for a moment, as if she just learned something new about him. “Huh… When are you visiting them again?”
           “After this whole thing’s done, maybe.”
           “Oh.”

Then Kat stopped asking, burying her face in his shoulder. He wasn’t sure if they were hugging for an awkward amount of time—for someone he would consider a stranger—and for the current situation.
           And she broke the silence. “I have an idea."
           “What?”
           “You want to find the ‘truth’ of our blood family together?”
           “What truth?”
           “Everything the family has been hiding from everyone, especially both of us. And I’ve found one of them—” Kat shifted her head, looking at Rael. “It’s you.”
           “… Mind explaining that?”
           “I’ll try.” Kat’s loose hug had gotten tighter. For someone who tried killing him before, he didn’t expect this kind of snuggly hug from her. “You’re supposed to be dead, according to… my old family. Yeah, I’m calling them like that from now.”
           “Why?”
           “From what I’ve scraped, it’s something about my old dad. He wanted you dead for some reason, I don’t know. I thought I was a single kid, until—”
           And Kat stopped with an awkward silence, making Rael rub her back.
           “…Yeah. Let’s say I’m trying to figure out the ‘why’ too. But at least, I finally knew you exist—even if you know, you’re following those ‘heroic’ guys around.”
           “Uh-huh.”
           “After those people below us are done with their fight, are you coming with me?”
           As Kat asked, Rael looked down below his wooden platform. He couldn’t see much, but they were still fighting.

• Rael agrees to go with her.
  • Rael rejects the idea.
  • Rael asks her to elaborate more on the whole ‘finding the truth’ deal.
  • Rael doesn’t answer, and stays there.
  • Rael doesn’t answer, and drags her back to Aurielle/Jean/Exiled group.
  • Rael uses this vulnerable moment to attack her.

0 voters

5 Likes

So heart felt. I love it.

And congrats on Tester

1 Like

ty :frhigh:

ran out of likes :frcryin:

I understand the pain

boil boil

1 Like

very good story

my brain is asking me what would happen if Rael killed her lmao