AI ""art"" discussion

wall text nuke

Learning graph theory is much more rewarding than asking google maps the shortest path to your home, does that mean you should do it?

And I’m also currently free to buy commissions from artists because I want to.

Maybe one day they’ll be replaced but I like to believe there will still be demand somewhere.

Or maybe I’ll be replaced so I can’t choose to buy art commissions.

After all, what I choose to like doesn’t have to be good or not.

thats your opinion i fucking hate graph theory

if you’re fine throwing away money for art that could have been automated then thats your decision :money_mouth_face:

1 Like

“i wonder where is the nearest wendys… oh sh… let me spent 5 years to learn cartography asap”

2 Likes

they’re shit anyway so it’s whatever for me. actually no, i hope ai replaces them

1 Like

Exactly.

Thank you for allowing me my own demise.

Again, I could say the exact same thing for mathematics.
Mathematics are absolutely beautiful if you dive into the pure version of them, but most people just use calculators or programs. Does that devaluate the work of mathematicians at all? Absolutely not! Not everyone can be a mathematician, and similarly not everyone can be an artist.

Of course, I was just making a comparison to his analogy, some people just don’t have the time or don’t want to learn the skill.

im regarded my bad

“i want to make a logo for a clan in my roblox game… oh sh… let me spent 2 hours trying to get what I want instead of asking a tool to do it in 30s”

… No, it’s not. It literally cannot be. Ai doesn’t know how to make anything on its own, it just cobbles together stuff to make images. That’s how it works.

It’s not unique because it is mechanically incapable of making anything unique. Everything an Ai generator makes is copied from several thousand art pieces and stitched together.

3 Likes

b-but it was made by a human :crying_cat_face::crying_cat_face::crying_cat_face::crying_cat_face:

ai images are okay if your going to admit you can’t commit to something for more then the length of 1 sentence and your not going to profit off of it

otherwise it’s taking away jobs in a market that’s been known for a long time to be kinda brutal and turns someone that’s been fueled off of passion into something that’s fueled by laziness and in a corporate setting, greed

2 Likes

Per se, it’s unique, it’s not an exact copy.

hot take, wendy’s only has one good thing and its frosties.

You only ever start talking to me when its to piggyback off of some ragebait because you can’t come up with your own, and this is AFTER “apologizing” to me for calling me ableist and ragebaiting me.

I get it, I do, but mathematicians are still HIRED for their field, and can’t be so easily replaced by a program that draws or writes for them. (I mean it, AI writing is horrid.)

gamehero help me I’m, losing my damn mind :sob:

THANK YOU.

4 Likes

“Let me spent 5 dollars in some comission that i will get after 2 weeks”

they can get new jobs?? i dont see what the problem is here

That’s actually completely incorrect, people callede “calculators” who were literally people that just calculated stuff before the machines were a thing have completely disapeared, the job was entirely replaced. But the mathematician moved on, for what couldn’t be replaced is their innovation, same with artists.