AO Combat Poll (2)

pve as in all pve in general (ship sinking, dark sealed farming, fishing, treasure charts) or just fighting pve (bosses, npcs)

Everything.
(though most people probably just think about fighting PvE)

this topic has been making me consider going back to my “thoughts on casual players” topic idea and make a sequel to it, to be honest

maybe I will, it’s been a year so I wanna see how opinions could shift

Honestly there’d be no harm in doing this.
Going more indepth and getting valuable insight is always good.

i did it already, and the poll results are already rolilng in

bosses have paterns, they feel fair because even though they can cook my ass if i make mistakes, they can still be beaten without any trouble after some time of training

now npcs are just straight up unfair, having to fight a boxing glass magma conjurer npc level 450 that stunlocks you will never not make me want to invade vetex’s house and shoot him 9 times in the head with a .50

I mean yea, the NPC is level 450, what’d you expect? To fight on even ground with them when you’re a quarter of their level?

calculations show calvus is at least level 300
so yes, i do want to fight on even ground.

fuckin maggots man

Boss level doesn’t matter because their stats and abilities are manually set.
That’s why I consider them different.

Would you expect to fight on even ground with a level 450 player?
Obviously not.

these issues (also) apply to level 260 npcs, and my rival is level 260, meaning i am forced to kill him for treasure charts. excusing the blatant cheating of the ai by saying ‘well they’re just too high level’ is bs because of how easily (well i assume it might be a harder fix than i think) it can be changed

• don’t make the ai able to block/parry during startup/attacks/endlag. no idea why it can in the first place
  • make it not always hit you all the time with some kind of hidden accuracy stat, which could give some use to visual effect magics on npcs
  • stop the ai from movestacking like wtf
  • stop their m1s from stunlocking you into not being able to do anything

maybe removing the ability to cheat from the ai means they aren’t really as hard as a level 260 player would be. but making it artificially more difficult in this way makes pve incredibly unfun and every time i have to go to do treasure charts for crystalline gear it makes me want to pull all of my teeth out

addendum:
this is not even mentioning all the other ways the ai cheats which are much harder to fix, like not having to worry about mana or stamina. this sort of thing makes early game way more frustrating as well because you are often left vulnerable far more than the npcs are

2 Likes

I agree, overleveled rival NPCs having all these cheats sucks.

Nicky’s point was about an enemy at over twice that level and definitely not a rival.

i used imaginary numbers for dramatic value
stupid

Well guess what, level 450 NPCs exist ingame and I’ve fought them.
Maybe don’t mention things that aren’t actually what you are talking about.

This was a perfectly tame and productive thread before you showed up.
Yet you can’t go a single sentence without trying to insult me.

that means lets chill out

I have a level 260 attack speed metamancer warrior rival, he spams spear throw every single time it’s ready and manages to mash out two more attacks within the cooldown of spear throw alone.

Every attack I use has its endlag punished by a x2 speed spear throw, so I have to play at a ridiculous range so my endlag isn’t punished, which is an absolute nightmare for strength classes.

The least punishable close range move is grabs, since they send the enemy away afterwards, but NPCs can just silently block during all their attacks, (and blocking makes you ungrabbable, if you didn’t know) which further causes grabs to feel horribile and unreliable.

you try using the stupid card over my example and say its my fault that you started a useless discussion?

you are passive aggressive, i am simply aggressive, we are not the same

If stating clear and obvious facts is as insulting to you as it seems to be recently, maybe you should reconsider your stance.

@NickyZ1 why are you always so toxic? its like you want to start arguments on purpose just so you can be mean :sob:

anyways, uh…
Screenshot 2024-06-17 155316
the little liars! :rofl:

uhhh
scorpion and the frog ig