AO Ideas Trello

Started I think it would be your high school this year, this is my first essay and I’m dying

1 Like
The Cursed Soul. (NPC)

This npc is neutral and can be talked to by either positive or negative reps. The npc resides on a single island and there is only one of them.
The npc acts much like an alchemist but only works on weapons and armor.
the npc can be paid to curse an item for 1.5* the cost of enchanting the item you wish to curse. The price of uncursing an item is double that of cursing it.
Legendary items cannot be cursed

Cursed Weapons

A cursed weapon cannot be enchanted and vice versa.

Cursed weapons have increased damage and range, along with any effects having increased AoE. The bleed effect lasts 3* as long as it normally would.

While equipped, a cursed weapon increases your insanity level by 1 (this does not stack if you have 2 or more cursed weapons). Also when a player holds a cursed weapon in their hand they are inflicted with Curseblight for 2 minutes.

Cursed Equipment

Cursed Equipment refers to gear that goes in the accessory, chestplate, or legs slot.
Cursed Equipment cannot be enchanted and vice versa.
While cursed the cursed gear grants a 1.75* stat boost to the base stats the equipment gives. Additionally it inflicts the wearer with 1 level of Insanity per 2 pieces of cursed gear equipped. When wearing cursed equipment whenever you take 10% or more of your health in damage there is a chance you will be inflicted with curseblight. (5% for one piece, 15% for 2 pieces, 35% for 3 pieces, 65% for 4 pieces, and 90% for 5 pieces). The duration is equal to the level of the gear cursed, and the effects duration stacks with other cursed equipment.

Curseblight

Curseblight can only be removed by killing another player or npc before the duration runs out. When the effect runs out the player enters an animation where they are in great pain and they take 80% of their max hp in damage.

Has anyone invented a way to store mana for later usage yet?

Added these.

What do you mean? All wizards are able to store magic energy in their minds.

What i meant, is to question if “technology” (Magic research and stuff) has advanced to the point where mana can be drawn from the world and stored for later usage, similarly to a battery. Arcanium Alloy is able to conduct magic energy however it wasn’t said that it can store magic energy, so, is it possible to store and retrieve magic energy/mana within any kind of known substance/material similarly to real world rechargeable batteries or have we not reached that point yet?
Perhaps the ancient alloy of Arcanium can already be repurposed for that?
Also i’m gonna leave for a test today, i’ll be coming back to respond in some hours.

I don’t think society in the AU is advanced enough to come up with that. In the world that they live in, there isn’t really much time for scientific research when you’re having to worry about war every day.

It allready exists, for exemple arcanium ship parts have stored magic energy in them, non mages can use them

1 Like

I mean, exalted magic weapons are strictly bound to a magic after its user has used that magic on it for a long time, but other than that you can’t really store magic energy for later

1 Like

Size magic

Each shot produced will have a randomly selected size. I’m thinking they will look like plain white squares, almost like pixels, that maybe have a cool little effect on impact.

Leveling only increases the max size possible, so you’ll be limited at first, but much potential in the grand scheme. RNG boutta go crazy.

You can’t mess around with its size in the magic tab.

On a side note, shape magic too?

Added

Sure.

Rare Technique: Fake Out

Upon activation, the next dodge that the user performs will send out an afterimage in the opposite direction. The afterimage would look just the same as the user who performs it, which can be used to fake out opponents trying to target them. One second after the dodge the afterimage will stand in place before disappearing. Most AIs would have a 50% chance of targeting the afterimage so that it isn’t a useless ability in PVE. After used it would have a 20 second cooldown. It would use only a little bit of energy/stamina.

1 Like

Added

500 CLICKS

4 Likes

Chairs that can be sat on while fishing?

1 Like

You gotta have more details than that. How do you obtain said chairs? On what surfaces do these chairs work? Why do we even need them in the first place?

Mf it’s a chair :skull:

4 Likes

Chairs can be assembled with all malleable materials, of which means, woods and metals. They can be acquired from the same shop that sells ship customization pieces and from the future clan island building system. Chairs obey the same principles ship components and island buildings, thus, they cannot be placed over water, magma, geysers, very steep terrain/stairs, trees and other physical construction hazards. Sitting or doing any kind of passive animation is something i enjoy and most fishermen do indeed spend alot of time sat down on a chair while waiting for bites, a possibility in the future should Fishing Rods with very bad luring stats ever come to be. They can also be used to accommodate participants of important meetings, improve your appearance, stay rested in a comfortable position to feel less hunger, pose for pictures among other utilities.
Portable Chairs are the ideal tool for the purpose of resting while fishing in any location, humans are capable of carrying 2 different tools during their travels without difficulty, however, such portability of an object as complicated as a chair may prove to be beyond the technological levels of the Y1854 period.
Edit 1: Portable chairs are very bad for vanity.

1 Like

Not all locations will be able to be captured to access the clan building options, and ships cannot go absolutely everywhere, even the fancy cloud-floating ships.
Chairs can be placed on ships and (should the lord decide) be carried by wizards (us).

1 Like

What kind of magic society is technologically capable of using metal that conducts their magical powers on weapons and use boats while not being able to make a fucking chair

2 Likes

True.