AO's early access features

Bro you said none of those features were needed for early access and thats just wrong lol. I promise you he’s not dropping the game without awakenings and lost spells. if early acess drops without awakenings, some build are going to be signifcantly weaker than others.

Keep in mind awakenings are tied into the storyline, we’re supposed to get them at the end of Bronze Sea so it would be jarring as hell if it wasn’t finished by eary access since it’s a major feature. Same with Lost spells bro do you know how long vetex and the testers have been gassing up lost spells??

who cares if some builds are weaker than others
its early access for a reason
no finished story no problem
what large game comes with a fully finished storyline (looking at genshin)

lost spells wouldnt affect much, as testers say that mage is viable, you just need to know how to use it
its not needed for early access
hell, everything ‘needed’ for early access is just so that people dont complain about it.

All im saying is don’t be surprised if the game gets delayed a bit. Vetex should take his time to make the game as polished as possible on release. I don’t mind waiting.

1 Like

wom’s first open testing was literally just ironport

Yea, and that game turned great and successful right?? Everyone loved WOM :smiley:

what does that have to do with it being successful

he could drop it right before he starts work on awakenings and what not but yeah if it goes on for awhile w/o them it’s gonna be oof

i also forgot about rare and lost spells but my point still stands on when it releases in whatever state i’ll be fine

38 days away till ao has the possiblity of releasing o boy then by jan 15 it’ll likely be here already

if not then we’ll continue waiting, simple as that shrug

WOM literally suffered because it was missing core features for a long time, why would you want AO to repeat the same thing.

This sounds like you just want the game to drop and don’t really care about it’s health and replayability lol this is the mindset that made Vetex release WOM super early.

Of course the entire story isn’t gonna be finished but the Bronze Sea story, including awakening has to be finished by early access.

Bro the magic fighting system is literally imcomplete without lost spells… Vetex doesn’t even want to show magic combat cause lost spells aren’t implemented. Everytime someone brings up magic the testers are like, “Oh lost spells aren’t in game yet so it’s not really valid”

With all that being said, why the hell would early access drop without lost spells lmao

bro ur acting like someone in a twitter argument now.

not because it was missing core features but because it was badly thought out.

who doesnt want the game to drop
i care about the health, but how does build strength affect that?
replayability is fine, build strenght doesnt affect that
he released wom because he was broke and because the community wanted it.
whenever did i say i wanted the game to release immediately?

nothing ‘has’ to be finished for early access. its like you dont understand what im trying to say.
full release is where all gameplay stuff should work so the game is playable.
early access is early access SO you can test the things CURRENTLY in the game, and plus even if it isnt finished for ea release it will be made during early access and still be tested the same way.

this ties in with what i said above, as sure, mages arent as powerful as warriors because they dont have lost spells, and lost spells are a large part of magic gameplay, but they can be added over time on early access.
it is a mass open testing session, we dont even know if it will last until release or continue and close after a bit.

why wouldnt it? not having lost spells doesnt kill a mage. maybe the new spells should, as then mages would just be without 2 spells on early access, but lost spells are different and arent required for early access, but could be added early on into it.

Wouldn’t the only changes needed to be made to these skills is effects and damage? Like I don’t think they give you new unique skills for each class. Correct me if I’m wrong but otherwise I can’t see that taking that long

2 Likes

ME when i fucking get you:

Most large games do come with a finished storyline…Genshin being the exception that actually does it’s story releases in an okay way

mmm
but are they finished during open testing sessions

thats also because the rest of the game is finished

DLC be like, but yeah other than that it’s usually that (only live service games don’t have finished stories)

you’ll be fighting a conjurer >:D

This entire thread is just tragic, it’s pretty obvious that vetex means full release when it comes to these features since once (I’ll go and find the ss when I get home) he said that early access will add all the features needed for full release unless the game was ready for full release by the time of his estimation.

The game has a decent amount of content rn which can let it live for a bit until the good stuff are added, but for the most part things like meta related stuff are completely irrelevant when it comes to release and the Dark Sea can be added during early access

2 Likes

yes

aa started with a level cap of 10 a 2 islands

1 Like