Apollo's doodle thread

He’s adorable i wanna give him a big hug if he wasn’t so mentally young

1 Like

Funny way to spell stupid but the art is on point

no hes just traumatized (AND stupid), get it right

apollo thought of the day: why is the ao community either 14 year olds or 20 year olds? why is there no in between?

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure most of Forumer with artist role is 16-18

1 Like

Because most of us have been here since AA / WOM or just discovered it when it went big in AO

You’ve got the following:
-New people who just found out about AO
-People from WoM who were 15-17 at the time of its release
-The OGs from AA who’ve been around since they were like 12
-A very small few people form waaay back in the Online Fighting times. Most of them are like 17-19 tho, as far as I know. And AO’s community is more like 14-15 and then 18-20 tbh

1 Like

I been AA at 7 years old :sob:
only if I played beta test tho grah

i myself am an OG, i remember playing AA back when it first released for free
back then i was shadow fire, i still to this day use fire
(weirdly enough, despite having the AA badge, im a 4th gen.)

Me who played AA beta test at 10:

Though at the very least, you dont have to deal with people stealing your rowboat every single damn time and then rage quite because of your tiny 10 year old brain. (Beta test disnt have respawn rowboat once you spawn it iirc)

Appren you needed beta-badge for 2nd gen due to people being able to join arcane adventures and getting the badge easily that way thus marking them as 2nd gen

man so far the most prog I’ve ever made if I remember was full emperors set, doom spike, XL cutlass, and an unusable dead revival staff (I upgraded strength so hard more than magic :skull:)

Lol, my biggest progress was… Doom Island. Thats it, lmaooo

i literally have no idea how i managed to get 1st gen
i literally just joined up OF and died to a shark then quit indefinitely

as many of you guys know, i abandoned my old art style a long time ago…

not a very popular decision i realized! and from a distance, i UNDERSTAND!!! but PLEASE LISTEN!!

i disliked how limiting my old style was in terms of expression and fludity, many things were rigid and delicate, not leaving much room for more diverse designs and expressions! so i opted for a more cartoony-realism style over the months…

hate it or like it, i personally find it better than my old style

9 Likes

I’ll be honest, your other style had a lot of charm to it, but I don’t blame you. The new one does feel inherently experimental and like it’s a developmental style, which is good in its own right.

1 Like

apollo thought of the day:

why are the bosses (elius, carina, argos, calvus, etc) more interestingly designed than the main characters (iris, morden, neviro, etc)

1 Like

since they are the main characters and will develop personality over the course of the story
bosses needs their personality developed quickly since u just kill them after that

2 Likes

posting some old doodles bc im bored

does anyone here like ips2

8 Likes

yes, ips2 is pretty fun from time to time
very well-made, very funny especially w/ outlawed thieves

1 Like