Arcane Abyss Sea, the Atlantean Infection AU

Boiling? Get that low-grade excuse of a beverage outta here! You either drink it raw or not at all!

some silly lore my silly brain thunk up

The Mount Caesar Civil War

When Revon showed to be an incompetent and paranoid leader, whispers deep in the depths of Mount Caesar spoke of rebellion. Most of the people in the rebellion were Tiberians, though there were many Rasnans, and a tiny amount of sympathic Rubicans. Among those leading this were a faceless General of the Bronze Legion and Faustus Bronze of Tiberia.

This faceless general was a hero among the Ravenneans known for being incredibly generous, though he hid his face behind a mask of bronze covered in snowflakes, he had donated much to Tiberians and poorer Rasnans/Rubicans. He had also stood on the frontlines during the invasion, and was one of the last people to enter the mountain. His men were incredibly to loyal to him as well, and most of them sided with him when the rebellion began.

Faustus had become the defacto leader of the Tiberian’s caverns, having a group of decently armed Tiberians lomg before he recieved new armor and weapons from the General. He respected the General, though was freaked out by his mask, questioning why he had to constantly wear it.

One day, when Revon had his most of his soldiers pull out of the Tiberian and Rasnan caverns in a fit of paranoia, the rebellion began. There was little resistance in the Tiberian caverns, but the Rasnan caverns broke into a full on battle. Meanwhile, the enterances to the Rubican caverns were turned into a warzone as rebel and loyalist forces brutally clashed against eachother, flooding the lower caverns with blood as the dead piled up.

By the end of the first week, hundreds were dead, 2/3 of the main caverns had been taken by the rebels, and attempts to breach into the Rubican cavern were making more and more progress by the day. Revon was in a full blown panic attack, smoking horrific amounts of Stormroot to counteract his panic. He also barricaded himself in the deepest part of the Rubican caverns with his best soldiers.

By the day, more and more defected to rebels side. It was a nigh unwinnable war, no matter what options Revon could take. So in a fit of desperation he released Calvus onto the rebels, praying he could dispatch them, and perhaps by feeding him, return his sanity.

Calvus tore apart anyone he saw, rebel or loyalist. The Rubican caverns became a feeding ground, and as terrified refugees ran to the other 2 caverns, loyalist and rebel forces intiated a ceasefire. Calvus had murdered dozens, even hundreds in his madness, and had mutated to stage 3 somewhere along the line. Due to this, 1/4th of the Rubican caverns lay dead, whilst 2/4ths were infected. The remaining 1/4th had fled to the lower caverns.

Soon, the war became a fight against a swarm of Atlanteans. The remaining soldiers under Mount Caesar reunited once more under the command of the faceless General, ending the Mount Caesar Civil War, and beginning the War for Mount Caesar. Alas, that is a tale for another day.

1 Like

this is No.1 rule of surviving an apocalypse
dont panic

Yeah they are all dead

Revon survives by hiding in his stupid lil cave so I can make him suffer the guilt of having indirectly murdered everyone hiding under Mount Caesar

how well would the modern military go against the abyss sea invasion?
just a thought experiment

one day i kinda just wanna chill in an arthub vc and talk abt abyss sea stuff (maybe even share screen of me drawing)

if anyone’s up for that I’ll prob do so randomly

2 Likes

I will show up in the middle of you drawing and just cook up the most heart/gutwrenching lore imaginable

not if I’m already drawing the most heart/gutwrenching things first

if this is just the US military
Navy and the airforce could take out basically any atlantean ship that manages to get close to the coast immediately
but if some ships do manage to land and the atlanteans manage to infect people… that could be a different story

If the atlanteans manage to infect people in highly populated coastal cities like Boston or New Orleans then it could spread quickly. Thanks to the infection and atlanteans as a whole being entirely foreign, we wouldnt know how to prevent the infection from spreading very well at the start

BUT since this is the modern world we’re talking about, if people with access to modern weapons got infected (police, military) the situation would become so much worse, especially if bullets infect people like normal weapons. Not to mention if (somehow) airforce pilots managed to get infected, you could have atlanteans piloting planes…

i imagine if atlanteans managed to infect people then those areas would be quarantined as soon as the government realized what was going on. But with how fast people can travel now, infected people could travel very far before they started mutating. People would be wanting to leave those places asap too so I doubt the government could make an effective quarantine in time

tl;dr If we defeat the invasion before any of it reaches land we’d be fine, if we dont then itd be just as bad (arguably worse even) as in AO’s world

But the biggest thing that would come of an atlantean invasion in the real world is the public and international reaction to it. Such a foreign and alien force randomly appearing would shake the entire world as well as a lot of scientific fields. Long story short it would change our view of the world and the universe entirely, not even mentioning magic

1 Like

stupidest piece of lore I have written

Revon gets struck by lightning lmao

After releasing Calvus into the caverns and watching him basically eat half of Rubica’s surviving population, Revon starting digging an escape tunnel in his stupid little cave he barricaded away. After like, 2 weeks? He managed to skeddaddle his way through the dirt and onto grass which he touched for the first time since his stupid arse became king. He then looked up at a particularly dark cloud passing by before getting struck by like regular, dark sea, red dark sea, and somehow yellow lightning at the same time. He would then proceed to fucking die.

but what if arcane odyssey and the abyss sea au exists in this world?

It’s not an Abyss Sea without a completely unfair, undodgeable death to lightning!

4 Likes

4 Likes

Haven’t done anything on here in a while so I might as well give some of Revon’s experiments:

Cure Experimentation by Prince Revon:

When Revon discovered that King Calvus was infected after he was dragged into Mount Caesar by Julian, he was distraught. He didn’t leave his room for days until he was approached by one of the strange masked fellows he’d seen his beloved brother talking with on occasion. The masked stranger offered Revon a deal; Revon would try to come up with a cure for Calvus’ infection and provide samples of his blood for the masked stranger’s group. In return, Revon would receive aid in the form of materials and equipment to use. Not wanting to see his brother die or become a monster, Revon took the deal, setting up a hidden workshop in an area so secluded only he knows of it.

King Calvus, though now infected and slowly mutating, has been restrained and sedated in the deepest parts of Mount Caesar. Ravennean doctors and surgeons try every method available to them, but nothing so far has been working. On occasion the old king lashes out and tries to break free from his chains, though the presence of Revon seems to calm him down. Unbeknownst to the doctors, Revon’s secretly been sneaking their notes and samples away to his own little lab and running his own experiments in the dead of night, trying every conceivable concoction in a seemingly vain attempt to purge the taint from his brother’s blood.

The masked strangers help when they can, but they can only stay a short time before having to leave to avoid being spotted. They occasionally leave more materials to use, but not even their gifts seem to be working. Revon’s at his wits’ end trying to save Calvus’ life, but has seemingly reached a breakthrough. The blood samples aren’t enough, he needs to test his cures on something more… alive. As such, he’s secretly arranged for his masked allies to kidnap unwary survivors and bring them to him, infecting them to see which of his cures work the best.

4 Likes

my brain wanted to write this off as like “oh it’s another dumb au”, but as soon as i clicked on the video and saw the theta symbol every fiber of my body immediately shifted to “GOD THIS IS SO FUCKING COOL”

i cant explain the sheer spike in neuron activation that happened at that one instant

Sea mines are canon (NOT SPELLED CANNON). Atlanteans dont know what hit them!

welcome to the Abyss Sea, half of it is the most horrific and depressing shit, 1/4th is “so can we eat the Atlanteans” or “Revon got struck by lightning after touching grass and fucking died”. And the last 1/4th is just random other shit.

don’t forget the garlic bread

1 Like