Arcane Abyss Sea, the Atlantean Infection AU

Im on the fence interpreting the dragons as straight up independent creatures or a mass mutation of hundreds of atlanteans merged together to form a truly horrific entity

Also, I would think theyd be in the water w/o wings, but would PROBABLY be large enough to not even need to fly. Sky islands are still cooked.

Nah this is much better than dragons being independent identities.

only rlly got this idea since the tweet specified they were “Atlantean-corrupted”

i wonder what exactly that means

chat what if the mutations the dragons grew turned them into giant sea serpents rather than flying beasts

well dragons are lizards that can fly
and because of the square-cube law they cant get too big

traditional dragons breathe fire, my assumption is that they behave similarly to bombardier beetles, but instead of poisonous hot gas its fire

so imagine a fish-ified flying bombardier beetle thats also hard to hit because its so small

Nah, lemme just…

We gotta go four the triple-pronged approach here.
Masses of atlanteans smashed together create some grotesque drakes (flightless dragons, for those unaware) that become exceedingly hard to kill because they’re multiple organisms, like a Man O’ War.

We can then talk about atlantean-corrupted dragons… But the first idea I had was corrupted sea serpents that would fire sprays of tainted seawater from their mouths? Could be interesting to essentially have an active threat that poisons people and makes actual sea travel more dangerous.

I’ll see if I come up with anything else…

1 Like

well i mean, this could work
after all, there are multiple (different) causes whhich effect is simular

u guys r talkin abt abyss sea when in reality im saving all of this in the back of my mind for when i want to give my girl diane more lore :skull:

reduce reuse recycle ig :interrobang:

…is that a good or a bad thing?

its either she fights or turns into one of these beasts rn, currently picking her poison :grin::grin::grin:

You guys need Gojo in AU

That makes me think of the SCP daybreak thing

but instead of that its water poisoning
hear me out
water poisoning is poison, as in; it breaks down your body
so too much water poisoning could mean you get melted into a blob

or maybe bc radiation yknow
mutates stuff

Is this ongoing or

It’s just something people add onto every now and then whether it be art or stories

along with atlantean dragons thered probably be other mythical creatures turn atlantean in the dark sea too
considering this game is based on greek mythology i could imagine like an atlantean hydra or minotaur existing
we know giants existed in AO so there could be atlantean giants too

narwhal horns imply the existence of narwhals, but narwhal horns give warding
so there needs to be a lot more insanity and dark sea shenanigans for a narwhal to get atlantean-fied

now heres my take: once a narwhal gets atlanteanied, it annihilates because insanity and warding are like matter and antimatter it acts like a catalyst/beacon and emits an ‘aura’ of insanity

narwhal sea mines real???

LAST DAY OF SCHOOL :white_check_mark:

ABYSS SUMMER INCOMING

1 Like