Arcane Abyss Sea, the Atlantean Infection AU

This coming from someone who’s been on the forums for so long is actually so flattering, tysm! I’ve always wanted to start a community project like this, and even though the AO fandom is pretty small rn, it makes me feel like literally everyone can see what we’ve made, and thats so awesome to think about.

1 Like

at the worst it’d make them fall out of the sky due to magic fuckery
at the best, skyships will have to avoid ‘rough’ sky spots because of the possibility of damaging their engines and hull
and those will be expensive believe me

Well, assuming sky ships run off of the small amounts of magic within clouds, I assume it’d be like putting rocket fuel into a Toyota Corolla

we taking the skyships to space now

I’m gonna start making PSAs and survival guides soon, so I’m definitely trying to lean into this vibe more when making AS stuff

1 Like

If the desert’s heat doesn’t kill them, the 50,000 heat-based magic/fighting style users will

Thinking about it, if you had some way to avoid mutating, wouldn’t the dark sea be the safest place? Most atlanteans would be focus on the higher dendity areas, and most peopl weren’t that crazy to head into the dark sea, so wouldn’t there be less of them, and therefor it would be the safest place. You’d get jumped before you reached though. Ya you’d get jumped.

Desert islands exist in the Dark Sea and the level 900 beast atlanteans seem to vibe there just fine

Maybe bacause it’s magic heat?

Atlanteans from much farther layers would probably not care about swarming the War Seas, they’d be too far. You would eventually come across insane ships like atlantean man o wars that didn’t bother with the Bronze Sea

You can still get mutated due to high magic poisoning exposure, the canonical way Atlanteans are made.

So this actually would probably be a longer, more grueling process, as a bite mutates the victim faster. Like, just imagine having a false sense of security, not even realizing you’re beginning to mutate the further out you go into the original Dark Sea

and yeah, you’d prob get jumped before you could make it there anyways

Are bites pretty much the guaranteed way to mutate? Would being scratched or damaged by magic and weapons from Atlanteans also act the same way as a bite? Do victims slowly get poisoning until they mutate from all their injuries or is one enough to pretty much start the whole process?

Also if the bite does not pierce the skin are you infected?

Just adding.

on a scale of 1-10 how safe is a maximum agility user in this scenario

i’d assume it would take inspiration from project zomboid
with bites, it’s a guarantee unless you cut the limb off
scratches or lacerations is a game of chance

What if I bite the Atlantean back?

1 Like

Isn’t still almost always raining there though?

Maybe it becomes human again

Not always, just most of the time

it would be funny if this is how the conflict is resolved