Arcane Abyss Sea, the Atlantean Infection AU

I really want frostmill to split into half and hit another island in this AU

You’ve just given me an excellent idea for another scenario

In desperate times, one must do what you must :pensive:
I’d imagine that having multiple mine tunnels that run through your island is not too good for structural integrity

Well then Silverthorn at that point wouldn’t be able to hunt ships for sport, tho he’d still have victor’s immunity aiding in thier escape

imagine if it splits, where one half is the mutated population, and on the other are the survivors, drifting off into the unknown

Argos the Shellhead yes

The ice smugglers and bandits work together to seperate the island in their final attempts, cutting ice like never before. Maybe even asking for the help of Iris along the way…?

Oh yea frostmill wasn’t there a giant bones under ground?

There is a vastus skeleton buried under the old town on top of frostmil

Okay, so here’s what might happen during the “frostmill splitting in two” scenario

As the Atlanteans start crawling out of the ice mines, slaughtering all in their path, Iris joins the town’s efforts to push them back. While she’s able to take out many of the mutants with her flare magic, she and the other defenders are pushed back to the higher levels of the island as more and more Atlanteans appear.

As a last-ditch effort, Iris unleashes her full power, causing a magical explosion so cataclysmic it ends up tearing the island in half. Iris and the remaining survivors on one side, and the Atlanteans on the other. The side Iris is on ends up drifting away into the unknown, the fate of its inhabitants still a mystery to all in the Bronze Sea.

Meanwhile, the Atlanteans take over their half of the island and slaughter the remaining populace, either staying behind or leaving for other islands. Their chunk of Frostmill might start drifting as well, likely towards one of the more populated islands or even the Stepstones. If this happens, it’d easily spell doom for whatever island it struck.

I like it :]
I’m going to go flesh it out a bit more in the perspective of a bandit
Thanks for the idea :+1:

Because spirit weapons are lame, duh

k ima just swap on my warrior file then and shoot everyone with normal weapons

Meh not too big on iris being that powerful
(Both taking out multiple “mutants” and breaking up the island)

But still seeing how she is able to a large amount of damage when we first find her

I would have it so as the panicked ice smugglers come out of the mines
(Waking up the towns forces as they try and stop the smugglers)

In the chaos and in the midst of it the “lost sailors” (infected smugglers) begin to come out of the mines causing even more chaos

(Iris comes out of her hideout/home around this point)

iris being able to use flare magic tries and close off the mine with her magic as she is doing so THE lesser-mutant comes out and rushs at her

Being as reckless she doesn’t stop casting and continues to close off the mine as she nearly finished melting the cave closed a random villager just ups and just tackles the lesser-mutant back into the cave
(Who knew that a flare magic would catch peoples attention)

Watching the man kill him self for her sake against a lesser-mutant triggers her (PTSD or something) and just causes her to go ham trying to reopen the mine to save the guy and kind of knocking her self out

As for the rest of the lesser-mutant and mutant inside? Well with the way out caved in they start to dig… without any kind supports to the still very loud battle on the surface

something something iris’s dad sending her off to Frostmill when the infection first broke out in Ravenna

1 Like

Going to continue this later and how the island breaks because I hateeee typing on phones

Meh not too big on iris being that powerful
(Both taking out multiple “mutants” and breaking up the island)

Iris honest reaction:
“Nah, I’d win.”

to be fair, she did quite literally vaporize an entire patch of soldiers which would be between lvl 80-110+ during a cutscene

Ruby Roger is out finding the final island in the dark sea, the illusive laf-I meant mimhere island. To find the legendary treasure the grass piece to get the conputer addicted atlanteans to go putside and see sunlight for the first time in years.

I’m honestly not certain where everyone’s progression is in this AU when compared to the game

I started with basing it off of their abilities near the start of the game, yet Morden already has the death curse. It’s safe to say that everyone’s power levels are a bit wonky rn

nah id win

Manga Spoilers