Arcane Abyss Sea, the Atlantean Infection AU

Its sold out already

Metal mages and sizemaxxing go hand in hand

get digging (when there isn’t inventory stealing exploits)

the horde of atlanteans at the bottom of the stepstones vs 500 attack size explosion mage

the max size/intensity mage is going wild at cirrus rn

if you cook enough harming throwable potions and have one archaic attack size amulet you theoretically can become cannon fist without the cannons and just chuck potions

concept I’ve been thinking of for while now

Infection Variations

Though always having the same outcome, the symptoms of the infection can vary depending on who infected you. In particular, groups of similar mutants seem to have the most varied symptoms compared to the norm. The regular symptoms of infection are generally still present in the infected individuals, though there are occurrences where the symptoms specific to a variant of infected are the only ones to occur.

Winter’s Chill

The variant of infection specific to mutated Winterveilians. It is known for inflicting extreme hypothermia in the person infected. This hypothermia will occur even in the warmest of environments. Another symptom is the wounded area experiencing horrific levels of frostbite. Similarly to the last symptom, it cannot be stopped. The infected individual will always turn into a mutant based off an Arctic or Antarctic fish.

Curse of the Swamp

The variant of infection specific to Cernunno’s Caimans. The person infected will have a constant runny nose. Rarely, instead of runny nose, a bloody nose will replace it. They will also vomit for hours on end. This vomit will generally just be regurgitated food, but on rare occasions be blood. The infected will also experience progressively worsening trenchfoot. The infected will always turn into a mutant that’s mutations are based off of a Caiman.

Bloodmarked

The variant of infection specific to the Redwake Sharks. Due to the effects of this variant, the Redwake Sharks will often kill their target before they are done mutating or the infected will die of blood loss. This variant causes the infected to have a constant bloody nose, vomit blood, or produce it in several other areas of the body. Due to the Redwake Sharks being able to smell blood from miles away, this general means that the person infected won’t escape for long. The infected will always have shark mutations, with these mutations growing more varied and stronger the more battles the infected has been in before/after mutation.

The Gift

The variant of infection specific to Ambanes Atlanteans. Those infected will turn much quicker than usual. They will also be much stronger than normal mutants. The species their mutation is based off of is incredibly random, with Ambanes himself being in able to predict what an infected would mutate into. In addition, Ambanes can use his staff to infect, this also produces the same variant of the infection as his Atlanteans.

One with the Wolves

The variant of infection specific to the Wind-Row Wolffish. A short while after infection, the person will become friendly with the Wolffish and the Wolffish will become friendly with them. They’ll soon begin to follow the orders of Alpha, seamlessly joining the pack as their infection progresses. The infected person will always mutate into an Atlantean with Wolffish mutations. The infected’s vocal chords also are changed to mimic wolves, allowing them to communicate with the other Wolffish, but losing human speech.

8 Likes

I have never heard about Redwake Sharks atlanteans, no info on trello about them either. Can anyone explain more about them?

When I write my journal, I look in trello to be consistent with others. And right now next part of the journal will be in Redwake, I need info about those sharks

And one more:

Cursed Mutants.

Currently, it is unknown as to what happens when Sea Curse wielders fall under the infection, much less what would happen if someone was to contract the illness from one of them.

001:

Subject is unresponsive. It has been three days since we have administered the treatment to it, and his behavior has taken a drastic turn from disorderly to practically obedient. Efforts to stall mutation have been met with little resistance, and vitals have been stable. Still, precautions have not yet been lifted – the Devourer sits on standby.

please no

Please no, as in, please don’t give Atlanteans curses.
With a cherry on top. And a chocolate chip cookie ice cream sundae.

you know the order’s gonna pull some shit like that just to see what’d happen

Former residents of Redwake with a nigh insatiable hunger. This trait comes from Redwake having starved out before a mass mutation. All of them are mutated into some kind of shark. Most of them are out at sea in search of meals, but a few stayed at Redwake. The particularly powerful ones have mutations based off of special kinds of sharks. All of them can smell blood from miles away. They also generally just absolutely tear things apart and devour what’s left then try to infect.

the order agent supposed to watch morden getting rizzed up by some siren and leaving, causing morden to break out:

If Mirage decides to give Atlanteans curses it would pretty much just take a dump on, spit on, kick away, and roll over every bit of lore and work that has been put into the AU. An Atlantean with a curse is basically unbeatable, unless you put so many restrictions on their power that they become neutered, watered down versions of the original curse. Just a stronger mage(which is what actual curse users are like in the current au)

Maybe it could be possible. I could see a story being made out of a mission to stop a cursed Atlantean from being born, but knowing this stories theme, I don’t know if Mirage would enjoy a good ending. And stopping one curse user from mutating isn’t the same stopping all of them.

Then again… at this rate, we’ll either have insane Curse users who went crazy using their power out of restrictions or Atlantean Curse users who’ll probably destroy the world even faster than the invasion did.

remember they are both unable to fly and are stupid enough to trip and fall into the sea

I doubt Mirage would do something like that(making atlantean curse users dumb, if they were to become a thing), but instead of guessing, I’ll just ask.

@Mirage, what do you think?

No Atlanteans currently have a curse, and it is not even confirmed that it is possible to hold one in that state. If anything, the pollution within the victim’s system reacting with the Curse could kill the host immediately.

All speculation atm.

(obviously not everything i say here is cut and dry and I’d like to keep some of my own story details secret ((which is why the trello is so bare rn)), so just keep that in mind)

figured