Arcane Abyss Sea, the Atlantean Infection AU

SOOO COOL!!!

Swamp beast Cernyx real, I can already feel The Horrors™ conjuring up in my little artist mind

its been a rough… decade since i written something, if i get the mood to, i might write a bit… kinda flesh out the situation in each island

I would love to read anything you or anyone else writes for this AU! It would be such an honor :DDD

yo thanks, but can you tell me something?

how did Fort Talos go down? this is assuming the Player took a completely different approach to the order situation, that is if they are alive at all

Question, how exactly does the infection work? Is it like based on injury? How bad would the would have to be if it is? If not, then how does it spread?

If it is injury-based, Fighting Style users are SCREEEWWWED.

The Player actually had nothing to do with it!

Lets be real, the player + morden in canon snuck WAY too easily into Talos, so I wouldnt be surprised if they could hold up against a massive horde of Atlanteans

Alr, i am in the mood for it so i will write Ch-0, this will take a day or two, or three, or forever because i am perfectionist

Yep, it’s injury based!

Though humans can still turn into Atlanteans due to exposure to magic poisoning like in canon, but it takes a lot longer than something like a bite.

Take your time! I will be excitedly waiting to see what you cook!!

Is there any cure or other form of prevention?

The Order is currently working on one (no specifics yet) but right now they’ve been able to stall Morden and Calvus’s mutations.

Prevention through a swift death is necessary if the victim has been suffering with an injury for a long time. Otherwise, amputation may be another option, though risky. However, non magic builds rejoice! It takes longer for the illness to spread throughout the blood as magic users seem to mutate faster.

Painful, though at least tier 3 healing potions can supposedly regrow limbs.

… unless you’re removing that from the AU just to be sadistic.

:smiley:

nothing is ever temporary.

Frick you.

Nah, I’d Magic Limb.
but then again it does give insanity

got bored so im going to write more detail on my take of how Whitesummit dealt with the invasion and its collapse.

all assassins in the bronze were instantly recalled to Whitesummit to hold it and fuck-ton of criminals came in looking for safety.

after a decent amount of Atlanteans came in, they barricaded most of the enterances to Blackwater Grotto (the Red Corner and the Port enterances) and only let people in through the Red Corner enterance, using the Red Corner as a quaratine zone to check for signs of infection before letting them into the grotto, or kicking them out if they had been infected.

every now and again, a group would be sent out to fish in the pond to refill their food stocks, these groups were guarded by a handful of assassins and Merlot. Rill Hendrix also stayed on guard as an overwatch, telling them when it was safe to fish and when to run back to the Grotto.

Unfortunely, during one of these trips, Kai’s ship crashed into Whitesummit, spilling out a horde of infected Palo Town citizens and marines, alone with Kai himself.

before Rill could tell the group that was outside to run back the Grotto, he got swarmed by a bunch of infected citizens (and ONLY the citizens). meanwhile a swarm of marines led by Kai descended upon the fishing group, killing most and mutating a few (Merlot and some assassins).

the swarm then found the only enterance to the Grotto that wasnt patched up (the one hole in the wall near the pond with a drop) and went down it. Whitesummit proceeded to become a killing ground, with those in the Grotto having no where to run, and those leaving it getting swarmed as soon as they got outside.

meanwhile Rill had managed to fight off the swarm of infected citizens, however had been badly infected, and soon fell to his infection. honestly, dunno what he should have for his atlantean form right now.

3 Likes

please get bored more often, you’re so good at writing these tragic situations. I kept on hoping they’d all be okay but of course, things all went south for the Syndicate :sob:

great, this is what i will put in the chapter 0

next up is a detailed description of how redwake slowly died out from all the fish in the jaws dying out, until a desparate fisherman who left to find food, got infected, and used his fractured memories to navigate the jaws and infect the population since they were too weak to fight back.

Got inspired by KNDY2009’s stuff so here’s my take on how Frostmill would handle the invasion.

Atlanteans might first pop up through the underwater entrance to the ice mines if they can swim there, killing the ice smugglers before moving on to the rest of the populace.

Most people would try and flee, but some like the frost brigands (and Iris, if she happens to be there), would try and fight back. However, they eventually become overwhelmed and have to either flee or risk being infected/killed.

Enizor would try to help out, but since he’s not really a fighter, most he can do is brew potions to help people. However, the influx of magic energy would cause him to awaken his snow magic, using it to try and fight back, but he would eventually end up getting infected during a battle.

Enizor would flee up to the higher levels of the island, allowing him to absorb even more magic as he mutates. His snow magic would go out of control as he turns into a sea-lion type creature that patrols the island, hunting anything he encounters.

3 Likes