Arcane legacy

marua just cheated with the grab move

also can’t even progress the story at all with this nerd marua

marua straight up wasnt there for me

either you have to do all the damage (impossible) or the quest just doesn’t work

ok so now, marua ran out of magic energy I think and thanks to the gave devs being shit he can’t seem to charge for more than a millisecond

this would be an easy win if:
my magic blast actually fucking functioned
marua didn’t run at me like a (certain R word that’s related to a type of assualt) when he ran out of magic energy
fire magic actually had other moves (that you should be able to tell if you had)
literally everything else I could working
marua didn’t heal over time

Honestly? just from the ui changes and the planned features with mutations + other stats, this might end up being my favourite version of AA (after they get half the bloody game to work again).

4 Likes

wow great, after I finally managed to get into a different server I manage to get to cumulus island, then suddenly the server I’m in has no working stores and I can’t get sky skates except I also can’t serverhop because the game always puts me in the same server it seems

Did AA’s UI look like this? At a glance it looks really AO inspired, down to the stat naming scheme and colours

from what i heard, they really shouldnt have said anything about a release date in the first place and kept working on it while publishing updates on the cool new stuff from time to time to not kill the hype…yknow, like AO.
unless they really needed to make profits or something along those lines, it’s kind of a waste and that ruined the first impression of the game

i felt that the al devs rushed a half-ass “early access” revamp so people will play al again instead of ar

1 Like

ah, the half-nostalgic sound of someone upgrading their vessel

3 Likes
  • couldnt complete marua quest for some reason
  • jumping and casting feels extremely unpolished and clunky
  • blasts do a wom and go the wrong way. except its for you and not for someone looking at you
  • i forgot about the key system why do i need to pay robux to open a gold chest :melting_face:
  • roboat destroys itself if you run into a wall. annoying considering how annoying roboat is to drive
  • there is literally nothing i can imagine currently that al does better than ar. even if the game opens fully, i feel ar will always just be better. only “better thing” about al right is how they changed various towns, caves etc to make it feel new. however thats only a pro depending on your view
1 Like

hi @Noober @Noober @Noober @Noober

compared to ar i think the devs have a much better understanding of game design and what makes a fun game

i like how boss drops in al arent drastically better in stats to normal armor, it means grinding for them isnt forced and only for if you actually want them, in ar youre almost required to get prom set because no other armor is as good as it

though seperating magic power and magic stats is such a bad and weird decision that purely serves to be annoying and slow down leveling, magic power should also be renamed to magic capacity or something because all it does now is increase the amount of energy you have

leveling stats is also way too slow, if xp was mainly gained through the story id understand that but the story quests give like 1/6th of a level and leveling your primary magic stat takes twice as long as all other stats for no reason, magic weapons also only level up magic power and not your primary magic so youre stuck spamming q and r which makes it even more slow

visually al looks 100x better than ar, it has better building and meshes, doesnt use those godawful 2022 materials, the water materialvariant looks pretty good compared to ar’s which looks like slime, and the ui looks great

magic is server sided which means the projectiles are laggy and the game is unplayable if you have high ping which is common because the npc ai causes a lot of lag, which is why npc ai was disabled initially

i have no idea at all how some of the bugs exist in this game, it seems like no one tested it (which is probably why they released it so early) especially with marua who just never spawns sometimes even in new servers. the devs at least are patching bugs very quickly and a lot of the bugs do need multiple people to happen so id understand if they cant have enough testers on at a time to find them

hopefully having more players to report bugs and give feedback will help this game because it really does have potential to be the better aa continuation, but at the same time this game was way too early to release and i think they should have gotten more testers instead of publicly releasing it because it gives a bad impression to new players

2 Likes

nope

it was just the mp and stam u had and the armor and magic dmg u did with the reqs for moves on the right. AR is a lot closer than what AL is doing here

man i do remember hearing that every now and then in savaria and borealis

HEY EVERYONE so fun fact: according to the main dev (they said this to me) the “testers” only played for like 10 min every few weeks

It has potential, but there’s not much in it’s current state.

as I said, the testers did not in fact test the game