Arcane Odyssey Hot Takes?

ACTUALLY FACTS, HONESTLY. All 3 of those are genuine truth.

i had it happpen after like 2 seconds on calvus once, that was fun, i think the game thought i got too far away, even though i was still in the throne room.

eh idk. cargo has much more possibility of actual fun content, it’s just that when people don’t attack you it is pretty much a snorefest tho.

idk i think it’s ok. but a good suggestion would be nice for it ig.

At least bandit beating requires keyboard input

the autoclicker in question.

anyway. haven’t done really any cargo, but (and let’s take getting the cargo from and to the ship out of the equation) is the way from the farthest islands, (i forgot which ones people do) really a straight line?

You might have to move your ship to not run into islands

yeah that at the very least makes it pretty inline on how much you gotta do for bandit beating, atleast i would say so.

but cargo atleast has stuff like npc pirates attacking you or players trying to take your shit. while yes, it’s not the best system, it’s one system that exists and you can do if you want to. rn the best thing about progression with AO is that there are many different ways and you can choose which one you wanna do.

when you encounter a fish you have to play air hockey against it to catch it

hell yeah

honestly i might just make a bot do cargo hauling for me

I liked the “level slump” and I think we should have more of them.

And not the teeny weeny 2-5 levels ones, but those that span over 20 levels every few chapters.

You don’t need to be railroaded all the time. The story quests are not the extent of the game, but the driving force of your actions that you should work towards advancing and have time passing between them. Go out there and have your own odyssey god damn it.

14 Likes

Exploration tasks are usually really fun and you can lose yourself doing them so I can’t agree more dude. Plus, fishing is great too, I made a subway sandwich using some of the fish I found yesterday.

Me after picking up my 25th apple and killing my rival 273786 times to get a treasure chart at Ravenna for the 273786th time

1 Like

bounty system sucks and everyone over 300k fame is either sweaty or they just play the game normally and accumlate fame, no inbetween

Artificial barriers are never fun in any capacity.

1 Like

Honestly, I understand your point, and in theory it makes sense, but like no, not really. “Level Slumps” are only tolerable when you have enough to do (as in, enough quests to do to actually advance at your own pace). Even then, you don’t immediately have to run to your next story quest as soon as you get past the arbitrary lvl 75 (or whatever) barrier that just blocks you from doing the actually fun shit, its just a choice.

or theyre runners

yes once i 2v1 at silverhold with bounty but they literally kept running when low

Same for me, but in the crime island (wintersummit or whatever its called) the worst part is that one had like, 2 bounty and the other didn’t count as my kill, even though i did like, 90% of his health.