Arcane Odyssey Hot Takes?

then just make it so that your injury counter or whatever resets when defeating the boss. it’s just there so you as an underleveled as fuck dude can’t just keep coming back and back and back. not to stop you from grinding.

Aren’t bosses technically mirages how would that work

me who plays AO for the PvP experience as one of the main reasons:

Everyone is too polite, and so are the NPCs. Why so much positivity?! :sob:

Joke hot take

Ice is actually the best-looking magic in the game

-Calvus is real easy to clap if you know how to parry or block
-Elius isn’t that hard of a boss, he just appears at a point in the leveling progression where you probably haven’t touched a blacksmith or alchemist yet. Still an annoyance, tho.
-Carina is a glorified NPC and should not have the boss grab-immunity
-Fire is actually real good if you’re not building for bleed or conjurer
-Crystal explosions look horrible
-I don’t miss the deleted WoM elements. Can you imagine how stupid a WoM!Gold Pulsar would be?
-The best area in the Bronze Sea is the small cluster of islands around the Jaws and Dawn Islands (Elm/Darkpine/Mango/Arguably Goso too). They’re just small enough to not feel pointless while giving you something to explore in the early game

1 Like

Nobody misses gold magic because it still exists as a metal variant

WoM gold magic had different stats, though. Basically normal metal cranked to eleven.

AO in it’s current state is a bandit beater with a nice skin on it and a few neat features. It’s not bad but man, even with the knowledge it’s a beta, I still felt as if it was lacking. Maybe AO is simply not the RPG for me or my expectations were too high, IDK.

Literally the most fun I have had playing this game was teaming up with random people my level and on the same story sections to defeat bosses. It made me feel like I was genuinely on an adventure and that I was using the power of friendship and help to defeat people, plus it makes the bosses more fun without making them a pushover.

The fact we can’t pisses me off, I WANNA DO FUNNY RUSHDOWN ON CALVUS LET ME WALLOP HIS ASS SO HARD HIS GRANDFATHER’S GRANDFATHER CAN FEEL THE SINS OF THE FUTURE!

Ice Spells? sure

Ice Imbuement? no

i dont think anyone miss gold, most people i saw miss paper and like, 3 people miss ink

1 Like

Paper looked kinda neat but it was just a worse version of Glass with the worst clashes in the game, sadly.

Yes, but now the bandits are on s h i p s.

no boss should

It’s only a bandit beater if you choose to play it like one

1 Like

Can i have headless head now?

My problem is that the other ways to do it are kind of shallow. People bitch about fishing, cargo trading, and treasure charts for a reason. Personally I don’t mind and enjoy them at times, but I feel as if they lack stuff + It’s very clear Vetex does not want a bandit beater, but does it in such a way it ironically makes it so (level locks).

The hours of my life I’ve wasted trying to get barter

I did get it, but at what cost?