Arcane Odyssey Hot Takes?

GO AHEAD TRY IT. it is

I can confirm i have defeated Shura with basic fighting M1s. Boxing’s multiplier is not that much lower. Bosses are immune to knockback which is the one thing that tends to lower boxing’s damage, so y’know. Still a terrible FS, though.

Magic allows you to do something that Shura can’t really react against: Just nuke him from a distance. I aslo beat him with goddamn glass. G l a s s.

The two bosses you could make a case for not being beatable with low damage would be Elius and Carina due to how they heal, but at this point in the game you have more than the basic blast so even with their constant healing you can land enough hits to overpower it.

Argos and Calvus just ask you to dodge. If your damage is low just learn the fight so you can keep dodging until your damage can do them in.

1 Like

On Topic:

Bosses should be able to be grabbed. Right now, grab moves are just glorified crash skills and I find that to be a complete waste.

I don’t remember what the reasoning for this was, but I can’t think of a good reason for bosses to be immune to any and all grabs. Enemies gain grab immunity after being grabbed once anyway, so we can rule out bosses being grab-locked.

5 Likes

some dude is killing all the bosses with no points spend and only dagger m1’s.

AIN’T NO WAY. the system already exists and vetex just doesn’t add it to the bosses???
bro this is the same thing as not being able to choose if you can have your disguise cloak in ravenna or not. the system of guard attacking you without a cloak already exists (if you bug out and don’t have the cloak, then the guards will attack). yet vetex just doesn’t add it.

1 Like

Bosses are overglorified players anyways, I wanna wallop people so hard.

1 Like

I do strongly agree that bosses should be grabbable, but the reason they aren’t is cause it was causing problems early on

(this was all the way back when grab skills were first being developed)

1 Like

cool, fix the problems instead of fucking over most weapons and fs.

1 Like

savant’s first awakening should get some kind of buff ngl.

I get that we have a second magic or FS but we should also get SOME kind of small AoE increase, it feels like most other builds do.

2 Likes
1 Like

oh wait some eggs need pvp? that fucking sucks, but oh well. just a cosmetic anyway

You can just ask people to let you kill them.

1 Like

pppppppffffffffffffffffffffffffttttttttttttttttttttt

yea chain mail should be toggleable ((not a hot take just true))

3 Likes

Part of it wasn’t his fault, but he’s also very dead set on adding features that build on each other(diving → brewing → dark sea) without adding any content and the content that he does have isn’t interactive enough. Rn we have treasure charts and diving points/structures which aren’t nearly worth the time and effort required, fish, nuff said, and then combat and quests. The bosses are fine but after a while they get boring and npcs are cool ig. And PvP is a mess I don’t wanna deal with
TLDR; vetex could’ve done other things

2 Likes

Agreed, I don’t want to bash the guy for his hard work—I watched the Trello almost every single day since the announcement of the TGR, and he did something almost every single day. I strongly respect his dedication to the game, but I do think that sometimes he misses the mark. Like many game devs, I think Vetex would benefit from having someone being able to say “no” to certain ideas, as I think the game’s priorities list could use some reorganization.

1 Like

I guess you’ve never met Magic Council captains huh

3 Likes

I’m honestly impressed and distressed that Spirit Weapons aren’t planned to come out until months after the EA Bronze Sea. They’re vital for the Juggernaut build with how Vitality’s damage reduction counteracts the high damage of Fighting Styles, as well as being necessary for the Warden build. If they weren’t the first EA update, they should’ve been the second or third one, instead of being pushed back a while.

5 Likes

Hopefully Vetex is doing this to give them the attention they deserve. I really, really hope they aren’t just standard weapons with a drawback.

Cannon Fist damage to ships should give you all the loot tbh. Cannon fist is kinda ass and very niche so why not give it at least something to be good at.

2 Likes