Arcane Odyssey Hot Takes?

Imagine King Calvus and General Argos with the goofiest ahh spongebob voice

1 Like

bro if the spongebob cast voice acted AO characters I would be so happy ong

to make it easier it should just be like noises or grunts or laughter when we see dialogue if you get what I mean

Lol

mr krabs voice acts edward kenton

tbf controls are pretty unintuitive (talos section) and the combat can feel clunky at times (m1ing enemies and pretty much any time youre on a ship since everything moves you so far)

all my friends who didnt play aa didnt really like the game, except 1, though my friends who did loved it, ao gameplay is more akin to a 2015-2017 game and the people who started with games like deepwoken or gpo arent used to that style of gameplay

1 Like

One thing that annoys me is once you finish the main storyline you spawn at Ravenna and you are forced to wear a disguise that is placed on top of your armor that completely ruins my fit. The disguise can only be removed once you got to a different island. Itā€™s incredibly annoying that this happens everytime you spawn or go to Ravenna

12 Likes

also i agree with the reset stats thing, except not at 120

Maybe level 115

1 Like

120 is too high imo

Weā€™ve wonā€¦ but at what cost?

that annoys me too but for a different reason, the ravenna disguise is LITERALLY MY OUTFIT THAT I HAVE BEEN USING WITH IRON MAGIC SINCE WOM and now I look unoriginal

1 Like

Magic is really the only good damage type, since getting close to enemies usually means you take a lot more damage, and having more hp to tank that damage means less damage output. Weapons get a half pass since they have a few ranged options but magic remains the best damage type imo

I mean stuff like the card being hidden on the trello, all mentions of upgrading your first magic to higher tiers is gone, ect.

I think vit builds are bloat even with the spirit weapons.

I donā€™t think spirit weapons are unique enough to be an entire fourth category of builds.
Itā€™s just a weapons build with built-in drawback, is it not?
Said drawbackā€¦ Negating the main draw of the stat.

By impossible builds I mean the captains build was not achievable by a player. He had ultimate skills and enough weapon investment to use weapon skills at level 121.
Npcs also have no energy or stamina limits meaning they can just blast you with a never-ending barrage of attacks.

Them doing infinite skills is manageable against one guy but yeah it does get annoying on boats

Luckily they get pretty manageable once you kill the crew and itā€™s just one weak guy and one strong guy left

Kill the crew first so you can focus on just that guy

1 Like

treasure charts are terrible.
spending 20 minutes running in circles because there the hint is too vague for a single sealed chest is not good, there needs to be some kind of indicator youā€™re going the right way.

Thereā€™s some charts where I go to the island and say ā€œwell nothing else fits the descriptionā€ and get it instantly, but most of them are ā€œeverything fits this descriptionā€ and Iā€™m not wasting my time systematically shoveling out the entire east northeastern corner of Shell Island or Ravenna to somehow still not find anything.

4 Likes

i agree they can be a bit rather vague and could use some indication but just click on a part once and itā€™ll appear where u are. once i had learned that they became significantly more bearable as it isnā€™t exactly pin point 100% accuracy and more of find the general area and click it once

this dude really shows how to solve and start hunting them down accurately and efficiently

1 Like

all the mentions of lost magics and spells are still here

1 Like

Oh awesome, thanks for letting me know!

honestly with the current rate of sunkens and whatnot id rather that fishing stays as a simple task. wouldnt want to add any extra work on top of the rng grind

I donā€™t want it to be more complicated for the same reward, I really really want a full rework
like maybe a minigame where if you do better, you have a better chance at rare items or smth. it can still be fairly simple, even simple games like minesweeper can hold peopleā€™s attention and have them constantly playing to improve their scores

2 Likes

Good reputation players need their own equivalent to the execution feature.

5 Likes