Arcane Odyssey Hot Takes?

i absolutely fucking despise how your ship just doesn’t regenerate hp, i hired a crew and the only thing they can do is aim cannons? i’m already paying you guys, fix my ship damnit! i couldn’t get out of ravenna for 30 minutes because my ship was so goddamn slow, it’s a miracle i only had one ravenna ship on my ass while sailing to wind-row

4 Likes

cannon fist :eyes:

And just notoriety in general, maybe the Syndicate (or just random Assassins) could be sent in a similar manner that GN is? (Although I don’t know how an execution would work for good rep players)

I hate how portable ship repairing works. Like, why do I have to stop all ship controls and do it myself? Why can’t my crew do it, but the enemy NPC crews can?

9 Likes

combat is too one-dimensional and linear in the same fashion as AA. it’s more engaging and less braindead, but the main draw of high level combat is still the flashy emphasis on vfx and how well you build your char, doesn’t usually feel like a major contest of skill.

Yeah, it’s a shame that “Assassins may hunt you for your fame” only applies to players and not NPCs.
I think the easiest way do implement a “reverse Notoriety” system would be to send Assassin ships after you if you take out too many of their ships, or every few thousand fame you gain.

1 Like

100% agree
Was expecting some evolution on the systems created all the way back in AA.
Like more advanced combat that you could get really good at with fancy moves and smarts.
But considering how comically large attacks can get at what is presumably barely above 10% of the level cap…
Endgame battles are just going to be nuke-offs and it won’t really matter what stat type you choose.
Everything will just have an AoE the size of an island.
I saw a casting speed build the other day that almost removed all casting time, allowing the user to dump out their whole energy bar in seconds.
Man.

All bosses are not that hard except for King Calvus, who sometimes literally does 2 attacks at the same time which is stupid

6 Likes

Cannon Mid :sleeping:

Nearly all bosses are extremely easy, with the outlier being Calvus who’s on the intermediate side. This might not be a hot take, but I’ve commonly seen people say that Lord Elius made them quit when he took me a minute to defeat.

Enemy ships and their captains, on the other hand, could maul all nearly 2000 points of my HP if I’m not paying attention. They’re fun to defeat, but it feel’s odd.

Climbing the stepstones every server that I don’t set my camp marker in to farm sky pumpkins is an actual chore, and they’re an insanely good ingredient to cook. Furthermore, getting ingredients, in general, is rather tricky when nearly all foodstuff seller sells the basic mushroom/fruits, all findable on just about every island, so there’s nearly no point to them. Now, if they sold rare fish, or perhaps something unique? Take all of my money.

4 Likes

Not sure if it’s a hot take but I want them to add a pity for all drops, or at least boss drops.

I’ve killed calvus over 80 times trying to get his drops.

He’s given me 2 drops.

The chances are 1/10.

I’m absolutely fuming.

4 Likes

Any strength build is bad without a ton of attack size

3 Likes

adding to this; why the hell do fishmongers not sell fish

“Wow wind row island is bigger than I remember … Also is the trip getting longer too?”

New location discovered

1 Like

i like cool little details in game
also i hate when my ship gets attacked by pirates when i somewhere on island

True wish the crew could fend for themselves

I feel your pain

:smiling_face_with_tear:

2 Likes

I find treasure charts easiest to hunt down on shell island

frostmill treasure charts are awful

1 Like

That I can agree with