Arcane Odyssey PVP: How to fight someone that's faster than you?

Yesterday, I fought a really good light conjuror. His attacks had pretty much no openings.
It opened my eyes to how slow I am.

One problem is that I wasn’t using any swift weapons. I can easily obtain swift weapons from my other files, but that’s not the point. The dudes dagger throws had next to no start up, and his beams seemed to be almost unpunishable(and since he’s a light conjuror it’s really fast with a big range)

His SoS TP dash which I normally don’t have any problems punishing also seemed to have less endlag than a flash strike. Maybe this is because I play on 20-30 FPS or because he’s a light conjuror?

I play Sand Conjuror. Other than becoming faster myself, do you guys have any tips? I don’t really want to make a wind conjuror file, because I feel like playing Sand Conjuror flows with me better.

I fought the master light conjuror maybe 50 times, out of those 50 times I only won one fight, and that’s his ping dropped near the end. I guess it’s nice to know if he let his guard down I could have won a few more, but that’s also not the kind of win I want. I don’t want to WIN, I want to improve, so each win feels like a real victory.

1 Like

And also, side note, do any of you guys have tips for camera flicking? I can camera flick pretty fast, but I don’t think it’s fast enough. I try to play FPS games before hopping on AO, but I’m not sure if I play them long enough for actual improvement to show up.

I mean, you’re playing sand conjurer. It’s not that ur using a slow magic, it’s that you do 0 damage

Absolute clown. Sand Conjuror doesn’t do 0 dmg, it has 0.975x dmg multiplier with 10% more dmg on bleeding targets. Think before you speak, bozo.

If you weren’t going to give me any tips, why comment?

10% bleed damage doesn’t even function right now, you’ll actually do slightly less to bleeding targets currently. As for your “damage” acid and poison do 15% to bleeding targets, 5% to targets with their own status, AND have a status effect that does something

1 Like

You haven’t used sand conjuror yourself, have you? I know what I’m talking about, so shut the fuck up.

what weapons are you running?

sabre, staff, and rapier
bursting, strong, strong

Wish I knew what gear he was using

He used(all swift) ptooth dagger, scimitars of storm(SoS), and staff

He also tried to teach me his fighting style but it’s hard to pull off, it’s as simple as using a minijump after an attack(this gives you defense against predicts which is what I was really relying on for hits)

2 Likes

Did he ever mention armor?

Thing is conjurer in general isn’t a very fast class especially so with most magics, I know this especially well cuz magma.

Running certain weapons could help Ig but it doesn’t matter that much, the best solution honestly is to just switch to a file that has a faster build xd. I noticed that when I fight aggressive or fast builds it can be like 3x more effort to beat them than if I go on my thermo warlord for example :woman_shrugging: other than that you kinda just have to parry a lot into trades assuring you win them, airstalling w pillar explosions also very effective (with magma at least) if the opponent cant deal with it

I’d fought a crazy acid thermo warlock the other day and he was able to deny my airstall cheese really hard, so the only way I was able to win some was by playing better overall

I’d run dagger/musket instead, especially against a fast enemy

nah, I could ask him since we’re friends now, but he had 1,350 HP so I can assume he was using cernyx armour

Guess I’ll farm cernex

this isn’t what I really want to do

having trouble understanding this

each time I press G he would go ham with his projectiles on me. Blocking and Parrying is useless because not only does it have an endlag, it still leaves you open to attacks.

I tried this and what happened was he punished me with a 4x blast wom style.

1 Like

Mb worded it shitly. I’m saying I had to put in much more effort and focus fighting quick enemies on my magma conjurer compared to when I’d switched to my thermo warlord file (it’s much easier to fight quick builds on non conjurer)

Idk wym by endlag but I guess you could treat it like fighting warlocks where dash parrying is your bestfriend, though light conjurer much less dangerous dmg wise so

U don’t run the weapons to get a good airstall, in general the weapons u running rn not very suited to fight anything fast

this makes sense, I agree. I might have stood a better chance if I wasn’t so impatient though.

I honestly hate airstalling, fighting against and using it. I can still try and use the technique the guy taught me, but I really just don’t like using it a lot.

Eh it’s not really about patience, more about timing and trading (especially if it’s a low dmg build like light conj), IDK you just kinda have to play out of your mind, kinda wish I clipped the fights I had against that acid thermo guy cuz it shows that u jus gotta play crazy to win against quick builds if u got a slower build

Tbf if ur sand u probably don’t need to rely on stuff like that as much as magma, still staff & rapier pretty shit for fighting mosquito builds icl

Hm? If the only problem is that the opponent’s faster than you just change your pace of predicting then. Also your a sand conjurer, use self explosions more often. (dash then self explosion)

Try to find more synergies + combo that work well with your magic + weapons too. Every other tip I have is way too specific and the only general tip here is to change your pace of combat.

Weakness of a light conjurer is when it loses his flow of combat so since your a sand conjurer maybe try to not be too aggressive because that’s what Light Conjurers are good at. (other than that they’re pretty bad when ambushed on tight areas if you have AoE skills)

1 Like

I’m not sure you understand, this guy is a MASTER. If I was stupid enough to spam placed explosions and self explosions I’d be losing even faster.

It’s as if he never stopped actually playing WoM. He punished almost everything I did. If I had swift weapons I would have stood a better chance.

1 Like