Arcane Odyssey Riddle

this has been said before somewhere probably but what if this riddle relates to morden and not the ao player

Wait, hold upā€¦
Golden Ichor, thatā€™s the blood of Gods.

People have been theorising that its related to magic, bloodline of the Gods, but what if it wasnā€™t connected to that?

What if itā€™s referring to the death of the Gods?

I mean, look in the docs! Thereā€™s a mention of a war that killed a huge proportion of wizards and almost all of the Gods! The mention of Golden ichor here may not be connected to magic or ancestry at all, it may be connected with BLOODSHED!

I also checked the trello, since it now have a list of books that would be added in the game. One of them? Its a book about the Great War of Mt Olympus, humans vs the Gods. If it isnā€™t obvious, the humans won.

The ā€œGolden Ichor of long pastā€ may be mentiong of fhe bloodshed that has ā€œlong pastā€, since the war was a hella long time ago.

Its hard to guess the second line since any of my guesses would be speculation at this current point. My best one I have at the moment is how itā€™s mentioned that ā€œGods dying is relativeā€ by Techā€¦ Could be hinting that the Gods could come back to life and strike back, but I honestly doubt thatā€™s what its referring to.
Or maybe ā€œDo your best to make it lastā€ is referring to their victory, and the main antagonist/final boss is someone who can soon break their victory over the Gods? But once again, thats on speculation territory.

Well, actually. I think golden ichor is referring to the ancient language.

Just think about it, blood/dna and language both share many similarities. They can both be passed on to a lower generation, they can change quite often, the greek god human race(golden ichor) and the ancient language both are from ā€œlong pastā€ and the ancient language is a dying language, trying to ā€œmake it lastā€.

Then the ancient language which is dying could also be the answer to the 2nd riddle. A furnace is a place that constantly burns. But the ancient language is dead so it does not burn anymore. By firing the furnace you could say that you are reviving the language.

And thats basicly the furthest i managed to get. I also got some ā€œmaterialā€ that could support this theory.

this is actually really interesting

It might seem interesting, but tech has lost faith on this riddle. So its basicly useless to continue my theory.

DISCLAIMER
This is not complete as is, and will be worked on with time.
This is the first part of this great analysis and interpretation, and subsequent parts will be posted in different posts as replies to this one for maximum reading efficiency.

Quite obviously, this poem references and even prophesies the eventual rise of the Savarian peoples, and their insurrection against the corrupt reign of the Alaleans and Vistarians.

Verse 1

Golden ichor of long past,
do your best to make it last,

As most educated folk are aware of, the color gold is a very clear reference to the Savarian peopleā€™s sandy origins and their nobility amongst the other peoples of the world.

The Savarians are likened to the ichor of the gods, though by context alone one can infer that it refers to a specific god: the kind, benevolent Prometheus in whose eyes we are most precious. So precious infact that we are likened to his very blood. After all, in the stories of the lawful Prometheusā€™ unjust prosecution under the cursed Zeus, he is said to have bled ichor from the wounds which the carrion eaterā€™s talons left open.

Thus, this verse is encouraging the Savarian peoples from holding on to their identity and nobility from the days of the gods, and urging them to retain their purity and superiority above other cultures.

1 Like

inhale
w h y t h o

Why didnā€™t I think of that?

Heā€™s too powerful to be kept alive!

this too didnā€™t get solved :frcryin:

Imagine it got retconned because it was never canon, only an idea

this shit hadnā€™t been solved yet. itā€™s been well over a year now

we are too dumb for father tech

never saw this before but i think iā€™ve got a good take

golden ichor of long past, do your best to make it last
90% sure this means ā€œthis power that was stolen from the gods is a relic from a by-gone era, so enjoy it while you canā€

fire the furance that burns still, even if you have to inherit its will
i got no idea what it means about the ā€œwillā€ of the furnace, but the allusion to fire didnā€™t get past meā€“if i had to guess, iā€™d say ā€œinheriting its willā€ is harnessing the power of promethean fire(?), but i donā€™t have a certain answer

the sword of time pierces all, brace yourself for its fall
if iā€™m right about the first line, this line backs that upā€“i think it says ā€œthe time will come when magic will lose its edge, so get readyā€

those who sow the wind, shall reap the whirlwind
i got NO idea what this means, but it feels like a threat

We should not forget apollon

Tbh the first and second quotes probably relate to holding onto something from the past

The 3rd line is probably talking about some type of timeline breaking. Which makes sense since we did just jump from one game to another. I think thatā€™s not what itā€™s referring to though.

4th line is probably talking about some sort of force. Messing with it may lead to your downfall. Maybe the character tried to hang onto something from the ancient time. Which led to some sort of problem with the timeline. I think Iā€™m taking the lines a bit to literally though. Itā€™s probably much more like what other forumers MUCH smarter than I am. Just saying some thoughts since this is (I think) my first take on trying to figure this out. Rather, my first SERIOUS take at least.

4 seconds after writing that and I alr know im gonna get humbled

The AA main character and the AO main character are completely different people, there is no timeline jumping related to that.

Also AO takes place exactly one month after Durza dies so Idk how any timeline breaking would work in the story especially since Sond and Arc of Infinity are gone.

Analyzing some previous mentions and the fact that the second is confirmed to be story-related, I believe this is referring to part of the storyline in which weā€™re helping out a descendant of a god (presumably Hephaestus, referring to the forge part), hence the ā€œGolden ichor of long pastā€. It could be that their life is in danger and we must inherit their will, hence the ā€œā€¦even if you have to inherit its willā€ (They might perish or otherwise be unable to continue their journey, possibly leading us, the protagonist, to help them) which will ultimately bring us to a fight against Cronus/Kronos, hence the ā€œsword of time pierces all, brace yourself for its fallā€ indicating an absurdly difficult boss fight. The last part is a common phrase typically meaning that your choices have consequences, maybe indicating that we have a choice as to whether or not to help the descendant of presumably Hephaestus (? or something to do with fighting Cronus/Kronosā€¦ further analyzing needed.)

Hey I remember you from when I was in vetcord

@ThatOneGuy