Arcane Odyssey Riddle

oh? guess i missed something there in the game :eyes: probably neviro’s diary which i havent read yet. I’ll look into it a little more.

True, I dont see a way to know if the blasted rocknado and the akursius keep thingy are connected to eachother. However, there’s definetly a theme cooking. During the story at redwake and frostmill, theres also an issue with their island. They think the cause is a curse. Probably because they’ve heard of the other cursed islands in the bronze sea. We will prob get more of these cursed island as vet develops the game more and more. BUT cursed islands is still a complete mystery with barely any clues. We’ve found some roots, but not the actual plant itself. Which is why i don’t think we should consider these to be a key thing in the riddles.

1 Like

BEHOLD! The ULTIMATE COLLECTION OF RIDDLE THEORIES TO SOLVE ALL RIDDLES!!!

Yeah, you know what? Screw it, I’m gonna make a whole post on EVERYTHING I have at my disposal right now (so this gonna be a lot), this riddle and even the other one. I wanted to make a doc, but maybe I’ll just make a post, so uh yeah. Just gonna let everything out in one go, and this will probs be my final for a while till I get more ideas.

The First Stanza - The Golden Ichor

Details

It seems we’ve got it solved, the mysterious bloodline descending from the Gods, their remaining legacy. :white_check_mark:

Hang on, then why did Tech respond in discord when talking about Aurem…?

Is Aurem like… the crystallised magic blood of the descendants of the Gods then? But then why were there so many in dungeons and temples… wait, were there human sacri-

Okay, getting out of topic there, lets just say that the first stanza is actually talking about descendants of the gods. There, the most straightforward one solved!

Second Stanza - The Furnace (Connecting to the other riddle…)

Details

With first stanza solved, there’s the second. I did found a comment liked by Tech by AMultiversalEntity, and one part did interest me-

I don’t think it’s the third stanza thats correct as many people have said “Kronos” and it really isn’t in-game much and the first stanza has already been mentioned, though they seem to have said it first. The second verse is what’s unique as I don’t think I’ve seen that take before.

Dang it, that second one was obvious if you had common sense. A furnace that is burning mean that it has FIRE IN IT. And the riddle states to FIRE THE FURNACE. But the furnace already has fire. We’re fighting fire with fire. We’re destroying furnace with the exact same thing it is wielding. That should’ve been clear from the start…

Wait, when you think about it… that was also in AA wasn’t it? Durza gets defeated, and PK later gains their curse, inheriting the very thing Durza kept for hundreds for years. To truly defeat him for good, PK has to prevent another Durza by rising again. Even if that means taking on the curse he had themself.

So if PK ended up inheriting what Durza had (the Curse), could we see something similar here…? AO MC making some group like the Order, but instead of just furthering the power of magic, all it does is pretty much create some sense of order in the War Seas?

King Calvus states that the War Seas needs the Order to function, so if they’re gone, all hell breaks loose and the Kingdoms will be at constant war like how it used to 500 years ago.

So the only way to truly destroy the Order for good? Create another in it’s place, but WITHOUT the “goal of furthering the power of magic at all cost, even against human moral” part.

In other words, MC may have to form a group or become some leader in it similar to how the Order did? Making deals with Kingdoms? I mean, it is foreshadowed with Maya…

What’s interesting about this part is how it sounds very similar to a theory from the other riddle. You know, the dove and the eagle.

It doesnt seem much, but Tech has said they’re the closest so far, which is probably the doc.

For those who needs context, the theory was about the Eagle being the MC, and that MC is going to become a conqueror or leader of some empire. The Dawn representing awakening, rebirth, resurrection, so the Eagle isnt evil.

“Let you plans be as dark and impenetrable as the night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt” sounds similar to what the Order did, only moving behind the shadows, eventually entire War Seas in their hands. But if someone will one day “inherit their will”, perhaps the being as the Eagle isn’t the Order, just something similar, but actually genuienly good. Dont forget the PK’s motivation is also an inheritance of will from Theos.

BONUS ROUND - About the other riddle…

Details

Let me just list some ideas I got for this one before I go back to this riddle (Cause I can’t be bothered adding this to the other thread, unless you want me to revive two at once).
This is more like speculation and I don’t have anything solid

1. One of the meanings of the Eagle is royalty - MC is from some special bloodline and will perhaps become a leader, contrasts with the dove, the person who was formerly a peasant.

2. The Dove’s motivation is Peace and the Eagle’s motivation is Justice/Judgement. I always had this impression from the start, but I didn’t really have the right words to explain it at the time.

What’s the difference between an Eagle and a Dove?

A dove leaves other birds alone (“contributing all that we are, while leaving room for others to contribute”), while an Eagle targets other birds (“when you move, fall like a thunderbolt”).
    I’m not sure if this is right because PK also did take down bad guys.

3. Or maybe I’m wrong with the above and it’s actually peace and leadership…? Idk…

4. The background of the Eagle can symbolises Dawn Island. One of the meanings, but not the full thing
    I mean, c’mon. Dawn Island is named after dawn, sunrise, yet it’s under a permanent thunderstorm. No way that’s coincidental

Third Stanza - The Sword of Time

Details

Okay, back to this riddle. Now moving on to the third stanza, this time it is purely my own interpretation

Tons of people said “KRONOS KRONOS”, but I don’t know… Tech confirmed that this riddle is actually solvable with in-game content, and while there is the mention of the Titans in Mt Oryths, and that the Order is trying to awaken something, but there’re not really much that points towards Kronos specifically And besides, I feel like it would be the fourth verse hinting at the game’s final boss, not the third. Watch me eat my words one day if I’m wrong, but that’s how I feel rn.

Remember, part of the riddles are actually straight to the point. First verse turned out to be talking about blood descendants of the Gods, second one is talking about having to fight fire with fire. We focused so much on one part of the sentence that we forget the ENTIRE SENTENCE is important.

It’s mentions “The sword of time”, but remember the following words. “The sword of time pierces all

Pierces all, as if it’s inevitable. Something that happens to EVERYONE. What is something that eventually comes to all people that is basically unavoidable?

…death?

Just think about it. We’ve seen swords in Arcane Odyssey. The devourer, the sword in Ravenna’s kingdom symbol, the sword in Tucker’s gra-

DawnIslandGrave

Oh yep, there it is.

Oh yeah, have you ever wondered why Ravenna has a flaming sword as a symbol? I definitely wondered about it for a time, symbols do have meaning if you look at Redwake’s symbol for example. We know the founder of Ravenna had a curse, the only hint was that it was black and teal…

Like the death curse. :open_mouth:
I realised there was actually mo confirmation that the curse he used was Apocalypse Bringer, plus, wasnt Apocalypse Bringer kind of removed a long time ago from the now removed list of magics and I dont see how this is an element…

Death in Arcane Odyssey seems to be symbolised as a sword. The very thing that can immediately kill curse users? A sword. The kingdom that had a sword for its symbol? It’s founder may have been the former holder of the death curse. The dead guy from the very beginning of the game? Has a sword on his grave after the one month timeskip. (You can also mention Assassin Syndicate, but I’m pretty sure that’s a dagger, not a sword… but they assassinate people anyway Ig…?)

You could say this is proven even more by the highlight used. Green. Green is often used as a color of life/vitality.

So third verse actually means… “Death pierces all, brace yourself for its fall?”

But didn’t Morden become one with dea-

Oh. Ohhhh no… He’s also the other person who has the key to unseating whatever the Order wants to unseal, and the very thing that can screw him over is a Devourer, a sword… damn… So if something happens to him, the world is screwed?

M-Maybe Im overthinking and that just a lot of people will die or MC will die? (but they’ll later come back cause there are cases in Greek myths like that)? Hahahahaha… yeah, uh, make sure Morden’s alright all throughout to be safe, okay? Not going evil or die, please??? ;-;

Okay, so Sword of Time = Death, and we have to brace ourselves when it falls. Or maybe not death, its just Devourers all along and Im overdoing it lol

Fourth and Final Verse - Whirlwind

Details

Final line… yeah, that one is a bit vague. No idea. It could be Chaos? There’s the event of Akursius Keep where it got cursed due to the evil act of destroying the entire Winterveil, and just above, we discussed the possibility of the tornado being something similar. This sort of remind me of the Butterfly Theory in Chaos theory where a butterfly flapping its wings and cause a tornado… Eh, might be a stretch, so idk this one. Perhaps it is Chaos cause that one seems to be prevalent thing in War Seas as it was pointed out.

Or maybe this is the very line that actually connects to ALL the other parts of the Riddle?

Hmmm… or could it be something with Poseidon saying about how Gods don’t really die or something? Yeah, don’t have much for this one atm.

And there you have it! Phew, good luck reading all of this. Will I get anything right? Who knows, and I can’t be bothered asking Tech unless I accidently DM him at like 3am so I’m gonna wait if he responds or just wait 5 years from now if I get it.

4 Likes

From a quick google search - :clown_face:

“ [Hosea 8:7]makes the enigmatic statement, “For they sow the wind, and they shall reap the whirlwind.” This proverb is known in modern times for its use in military speeches and as a title for a science fiction novel. What did Hosea mean?

The proverb uses an illustration gleaned from the agricultural process of sowing and reaping. A farmer would sow seed. Of course, the type of seed he planted determined the type of plant that would grow and be harvested. This is the principle of duplication. In [Hosea 8:7], God says that Israel had planted wind and would harvest a whirlwind. Taking the “wind” to mean something worthless and foolish (see [Job 7:7][Proverbs 11:29]; and [Ecclesiastes 1:14], we can surmise that Israel’s foolishness in the past would result in a veritable storm of consequence. Indeed, in the previous verses, Hosea decries Israel’s idolatry (verses 4-6). Their foolish pursuit of false gods would reap a severe judgment from the Lord.

Also at work in the proverb is the principle of multiplication: a farmer may plant one kernel of corn, but he will reap much more than that—a whole ear. In the same way, Israel’s sin of idolatry would bring forth an amplified consequence that would sweep them all away.

The rest of verse 7 notes the results of this “whirlwind” of judgment: “The standing grain has no heads; it shall yield no flour; if it were to yield, strangers would devour it.” So, the crop would yield nothing. Outsiders would steal anything that did happen to grow. Israel would have understood Hosea’s words well. A poor or stolen crop would be devastating. Here, God is warning His people that their idolatry would lead to ruin.

In addition to following idols, Israel was seeking help in other, equally sinful ways. “For they have gone up to Assyria, a wild donkey wandering alone; Ephraim has hired lovers” ([Hosea 8:9]. Israel had made ill-advised treaties with Assyria for protection from their enemies. Instead of trusting God, they relied on their wealth and the help of pagan nations.

The “whirlwind” came upon Israel in 722 B.C., when Assyria invaded Israel, destroyed the capital city of Samaria, and deported the Israelites. Yet [Hosea 14:4]“I will heal their apostasy; I will love them freely, for my anger has turned from them.” A whirlwind does not last forever, and God’s judgment would not be unending. God would later renew the relationship between Him and His people.

Today, we can see the truth of Hosea’s proverb in many ways. Those who live in unrepentant sin can expect to suffer the consequences of their sin—consequences that both “fit the crime” and exhibit a stunning intensity. Also, this statement by Hosea is a clarion call to avoid idolatry. Anything that steals our trust in the Lord, lessens our devotion to Him, or controls us can be considered an idol and should be abolished from our lives.”

3 Likes

So at the end… it is shortener version of AO’s storyline or like one good person mentioned earlier we should combine passages.
Anyway, it is would be very crazy if Tech knew all future AO lore in 2020 YEAR!

1 Like

The sword of time clearly relates to revon smh

Knight of The Waitness.

The pk is contributing by taking down those bad guys. He defeated the emerald pirates for the people on dawns refugee so they can rebuild their town. He takes down durza, creates magius and then lets the other stronk ppl like trigno and john thorne do what they need to do (Thorne leads the keihatsu to magius and trigno rids the chaos on magius by creating the magic council.)

But

I do think this is still quite an interesting take.

Also, i am aware that anything WOM related is noncannon, but you still get the idea

They’ve got their own AU lore bible

I wonder if it’s possible that the fourth line could be talking about the Epicenter in the Dark Seas? Ambanes, the strange NPC at Sailor’s Lodge, talks about how he wants to find the answer to what caused the Dark Sea in the first place
We may already know that the magic pollution and fragmentation of the continent is likely the fault of Durza v. Theos, but it would be interesting if there was a third aspect keeping the pollution together, and we could discover what that is (potentially linked to the Aberration that Hendrix talks about, sensed as a dark presence far to the south that most people theorize is Hades)
So the line “sowing the wind” could refer to taking expeditions into the Dark Sea, which could occur later into the storyline, and “reaping the whirlwind” could be the answers we’re looking for or an unintended consequence for delving into Dark Sea that we have yet to see (maybe drawing the ire of Hades?)

I dont think so. Idk why people keep suggesting the Epicenter when its mention was most likely just some addition to world building. There doesnt seem to be any hint at all of even any story taking in Dark Sea. At best, the Epicenter could just be a little easter egg you may encounter in Far Reaches. (With probably extreme low chances, and Vetex just recently added a large area in the Far Reaches)

I dont see how the Epicenter really involves anything with the main story at all, the riddle as well.

The riddle, thus that final stanza, is often straight to the point. Dont need to overthink it

Vet did say in the qna that at endgame, big ships would be basically required. That might mean that the end of the game takes place in the dark sea, cause that’s the only place we know of where smaller ships can’t go

Ooh, mustve missed that…

But you know, considering that the enemy we’re fighting at the end is most likely the biggest, most ancient threat there is in the whole world… I dont think youd even need to be in the Dark Sea to use a big ships for the final fight… (and we’re probs not gonna be even fighting alone, we might even be joined by other kingdoms or allies)

Just saying, that doesnt really mean we’re gonna be in the Dark Sea, it seems to indicates the level of threat we’re fighting here.

Or maybe magic pollution surrounds the sea when we’re fighting, making the 6th Sea a ‘Dark Sea’. I dont think we’re going to the actual Dark Sea

2 Likes

Better idea based off of some stuff a friend of mine came up with: A weaker patch of the Dark Sea, or some kind of lesser area of the Dark Sea; a polluted region, like you suggested. Maybe an area where the Dark Sea “creeps into” the War Seas.

1 Like

Yo, does anyone actually know how we got this “thing”?

He said it randomly in discord I think

ah i c, not related to the other riddle he also said to i wont look at that one for now. :eyes:

Ita very weird becauce I remember him congratulating someone who actually connected the two. Idk

Maybe some weird mandela effect

No. I actually have a screenshot of his reaction to someone connecting the two: