Arcane Odyssey v1.13 Balancing Changes WIP

Does anyone know if steam imbue base damage is a fixed number or does it depend on the magic used?

Pretty sure steam is its own magic (just not usable alone) considering it says imbuement: Steam magic instead of imbuement: fire or water. Likely a clone of another magic’s stats

Hypothetically, if we did add it
how would you switch between airstall and freefall.

I want to know the number tho

Fire and by proxy steam is
Dmg: .825
Speed: 1
Size: 1.1 (Might still be 1.05, might not have been changed like fire was in v1.12)
Scald = burn
Same synergies

1 Like

its just burn, deals damage based on impact dmg

Hes wondering about steam’s magic stats

wouldnt that be the same as the magic that youre imbuing with

1 Like

No, steam imbuement is a clone of fire as far as I can tell. It doesn’t use your magic’s stats

weird

Its essentially its own magic, just only usable through imbuements

@Fluect
Do you know if steam magic stats got changed with fire in v1.12

1 Like

I was thinking something like the way you would switch between imbuing your weapon with magic and having no imbuement on your weapon

1 Like

click = freefall
hold = airstall
or
click + space = airstall
click = freefall

that sounds like a better implementation than what i suggested, to add to this maybe you can change which type of airstall toggling you want to use in the settings in the same way you can change dashing to either shift or double tapping

I was hoping it used magic stats but it’s just a fire clone.

So every heat magic + sailor and cold magic + thermo are the same stats on imbued combat

at least that’s an advantage for the low dmg plasma? :man_shrugging:
I mean pretty huge loss of size and dmg for my water though. But Id never be caught dead using anything heat related, or anything that isn’t pure liquid water

Yeah it’s no longer plasma therefore it’s better. Guess the file lives a little longer unless steam changes :man_shrugging:
also need to max an alt to transfer items now

(but you actually have to aim for it to be good)