Average Day in Magius: Story Simulation - Chapter I

- Rakuen Chou

Greetings, everyone!
And we’re back here again with this story.

I’m Rakuen Chou, your fourth storyteller so far.
At this story point, our Rael will go on his search for Aurielle Salore!
Just in case, I’ll summarize what happened during the prologue first.
Then we’ll continue with his journey.

So in a nutshell, we made our boy called Rael. And he’s supposed to be the hero of this story.
After obtaining his wood magic, he wiped the bandits and dark wizards, until the point he finally realized the criminal rate is still going up as ever.
With that profound realization, he started vibe checking the bandits to figure out what’s going on.
Trust me, Rael’s considered a hero here. I’m not sure if he’s actually murdered any of those bandits though.
Anyways, he found out the bandits received an order from a big guy called The Minotaur.
What’s next? Of course, Rael hunted that big guy down. Then they fought until both sides were down.
The Minotaur is later arrested, and Rael got sent to recover in the Silent Tower.
Later, another guy called the Exiled told Rael to find Aurielle Salore.

Hmm… Yeah. That’s pretty much the whole thing so far.

And here, some tea from Valerie before we dig into the next part.
I’ll let you guys have that tea and relax first.
If you don’t take them, it’s fine, as long as you guys are chilling now.

Phew…
Hehe, I’m still not used to this thing…
But anyway, let’s continue the story now.

After talking and bidding a farewell to the Exiled, Rael headed towards Summer Hold to look for Aurielle Salore.

It was morning. And a lot of townspeople and some travelers were doing their own thing in Summer Hold. Although a small crowd in the town caught Rael’s attention.

“Move.”

A stern voice ordered. As two Magic Council soldiers made their way out of the crowd, with two unconscious criminals on their back. The smaller soldier stopped and noticed Rael. “Rael Mills, right?”

Rael nodded as a response, as he recognized the other soldier beside the smaller one. “Yo, Issac. Do you know where’s Aurielle Salore?”

“Aurielle, huh?” Issac wondered as he glanced at the fellow soldier. “Uh, Ace. Have you seen her lately?”

“I have. She’s at Riverville yesterday.”

Issac nodded to Ace and answered Rael, “Oh, cool. So yeah, Rael, she’s at Riverville. Or maybe somewhere nearby like Ironport.”

Rael thanked both of the soldiers. And the smaller soldier named Ace warned him, “Run.”

“Huh?”

“I recommend you to run right now. Aurielle might be leaving Riverville this morning.” Ace glared at the confused Rael.

“Ok…?” With Ace’s glare and Rael’s concerns about Aurielle’s location, Rael bid a farewell to both soldiers and left Summer Hold.

With Rael’s departure, both soldiers headed towards the nearby Magic Council camp. Issac was concerned about what Ace just said to Rael earlier, but Ace simply shrugged that off.

“What made you say that, Ace?”
“Efficiency.”

It was late morning already. Rael had arrived at Riverville and checked inside a few shops for Aurielle. Until he stopped at the tailor. Inside the tailor’s shop, two ladies were talking; the tailor herself, and another lady who fit The Exiled’s description of Aurielle. The tailor clapped her hands as she noticed Rael, and told Aurielle about something.

“Ah, Auri. Isn’t that the boy who defeated the Minotaur? I saw his images from John’s newspapers!”
“Oh, that’s him?”
“Mhm. My brother John even told me he’s even taller than the shop’s door! So yeah, I’m positive about that.”
“All right, could we continue this later?”
“Sure! I’m going to get some lunch anyway, so… See ya!”
“See you, Jane.”

Jane the tailor went upstairs. And Aurielle looked up at Rael. “The Exiled told you about me, I assume?”

“Yeah. You’re Aurielle Salore, right?”

Aurielle nodded as a response and chuckled. “Hehe, there’s only one single knight who sent the wizards to this place after all.” After bringing up the Exiled for a bit, she got up from the seat, grabbed her backpack, and gestured at the window.

“Anyways, would you like to talk outside? We can discuss your training at the fountain. It’s over there.”

Rael nodded and left the tailor shop after Aurielle.

After arriving at the fountain, they sat down on the bench and had some talk about Rael’s whereabouts. He did mention his family and concerns over his own magic control. As he could summon a spell by thinking of doing so, there were times his thoughts went out of control.

Aurielle assessed Rael’s situation for a little and asked about his bandages. At arms, they came from the moment Rael guarded some of the more dangerous attacks, such as the kick and the ax spin. And at his stomach, they came from the moment Rael took an ax throw in his guts. The fact Rael survived all those and met Aurielle was already a miracle.

“You’re lucky, aren’t you?”
“Yeah.”

With Rael being caught off-guard during the talk, she had already summoned a small light magic circle on her fingertips.

“Pew.”
“Huh?”

A tiny blast of light hit Rael’s arm as Rael swung his arm back at her by instinct. He didn’t even realize Aurielle was preparing to attack him earlier.

“…Did that hurt?” Since he knew he did swing his arm at Aurielle, he asked her in concern right after that moment.

Aurielle, who already backed away raised both of her unharmed arms. “Oh. Don’t worry, that didn’t hit me.”

In an instant moment of relief, Aurielle fired a tiny light at Rael’s arm again. He did duck away from the light, although it scraped his skin a little. As a small unspoken test, she continued firing light attacks for Rael to dodge. It ended up with either Rael being scratched by the attack or Rael blocking the attack with his bandaged arm. At one point, Aurielle stopped this short trial as Rael’s bandages began to tear from the blocks.

“All right. We’re stopping here for a little. Have you eaten anything?”

With Aurielle’s question, Rael was reminded of things he did after getting out of the Silent Tower. Meeting up with the Exiled, visiting the Summer Hold, running through the whispering forest, and arriving at Riverville. With all those things he spent during the morning, he realized he hadn’t eaten anything so far. “… I haven’t.”

“Here, I’ve prepared this just in case.” Aurielle picked out a bag of hoagie from her backpack. Rael received the bag of hoagie, asked her if he can really eat it now, and started eating the thing. Now that Rael thought about it, this hoagie had a similar flavor profile to what he ate back in Doom Village. The turkey, tomatoes, and other flavors you’d expect from a village that hunts for a living… Where did she get this hoagie?

After finishing the hoagie and forgetting about the thought earlier, Aurielle asked Rael one thing.

“Before we proceed, how did you do in that fight?”

How did Rael think about his performance, in a fight against The Minotaur from the prologue?
  • It was an easy win.
  • Pretty Great.
  • Decent.
  • Bad.
  • How the hell did he survive in that fight?

0 voters

8 Likes

I promised my lab subjects for maid rael so

1 Like

frstrong

bruh he got hurt by light magic
how the hell he survived the minotaur

not really hurt it’s more of

“oh that shit touched me”

edit:

to be honest I asked myself the same

us light magic mains :frpensive:

wait

RAKUEN?

THIS BITCH?

3 Likes

you need jojo barrage people to do decent damage tho

yup that bitch

1 Like

adim chapter 1 part 2: soon:tm:

hold up lemme edit the thing rq

1 Like

- Zion Water

…Confidently unconfident, huh.
Very well.

My identity is not important to this story, but the other storytellers insisted on bothering me to log this. With my full name.
Sigh.

Anyways, we’re continuing this story.

Thinking back again, Rael didn’t know how did he survive that fight either.

“I can’t really tell. It was one of those moments I’d have those energy rush, and then pass out later…” Rael’s shoulders slumped down, as he recalled that fight. “But now that I think about it, I did worse than before.”

Eating something may liven Rael up a bit. But with that thought, he was down again.

To Aurielle, she didn’t really mind the sudden mood change. As long as Rael had eaten something, she’s ready to proceed with this session. Readying her backpack, Aurielle got up from the bench with a direction set in her eyes. “All right then, I’ve decided on our next move. Follow me.”

Rael followed her sight towards the outside of the town, got up from the bench, and followed her outside of the town. Even after they had entered the forest territory.

During their walk inside the forest, Aurielle mentioned a task for Rael she’d give upon arriving at their destination. Rael expected to do some slaying. But instead, Aurielle stopped at the clearer part of this forest, with no one else around.

“Now.”

Aurielle backed away from Rael as she’s facing him.

“Bring back whatever you used from the Minotaur’s fight, except for that club. We’ll fight until I say stop, got it?”

“Got it.”

With that said, Aurielle propelled herself towards Rael with her light magic circle chasing behind.

Rael fired away his wood blasts towards her. But as he sent away the first ones, she flung herself to Rael’s side, formed a magic circle in the air, and struck him with gold blasts. He guarded the seconds and the thirds. But not the first.

As Aurielle was beside him, Rael bombarded his magic bursts towards her. The first few blasts scratched her dress, as she dashed away with her light magic. But with almost every evade comes a chase. Rael flung himself towards her with his jump spell, with his blasts fired. Only for them to be shattered by a large blast of gold, straight from Aurielle’s palm.

Upon being hit by Aurielle’s blast too, Rael fell and lied down on the grass, as Aurielle landed. Before Rael could aim his next attack, Aurielle stopped him.

“Wait, wait, wait. Stop. I have a question.”
“Yes?”

Still lying on the grass, warmed by sunlight. Rael dropped down his aiming arm as he turned towards Aurielle. As for Aurielle, she adjusted her skirt and crouched down.

“Out of the curiosity, can you shoot just one single blast? You can try shooting one at that tree,” Aurielle asked as she gestured towards a tree nearby.

“Just one?”
“Mhm.”

Speaking of Rael’s blast spells, he only recalled firing several blasts at once to destroy things. Even the time he unlocked his magic for the first time, he did shoot down his hut in an uncontrollable barrage of blasts too.

“…I’ll try,” Rael replied to Aurielle’s request, as he sat up, and aimed towards the soon-to-be-destroyed tree.

Just one blast, Rael thought, until his palm fired out… Onetwothreefourfive. Five. Five blasts overkilled the tree.

Aurielle was watching there, with her eyes narrowed, along with the hmm sound. As she’s thinking about the next course, Rael had already fired out more blasts at the other unlucky trees, destroying them with wasteful blasts. Even worse, some blasts simply hit the ground.

“Have you tried holding back your spell to charge them? I’m not sure if this will be harder without circles, but I’ll try to explain.”
“Please do.”
“All right. Now, raise your arm to the front. Don’t think about firing anything just yet.”

Both cast their arm towards their front, with Rael following her.

“And now, think about your magic being kept inside your palm, and slowly going down into your arm. Don’t fire any atta-”

As Aurielle started to summon her magic circle, Rael had already set some blasts loose.

With Rael realizing this fatal mistake, he asked her about the magic circle’s usage as he tried keeping his magic energy in his arm again. A few attempts had passed. Before Rael tried out holding out with his fist clenched, to keep this magic energy in his arm. Thanks to Aurielle asking him about his magic energy charging posture.

As Aurielle thought, Rael’s brawn over brains person.

“With this, you’re giving yourself a little more moment to decide on your next move.”

Rael nodded, with a concentrated glare at the tree. That glare can either scream out ‘why didn’t I think about this earlier?’ or ‘I am going to destroy everything with this new knowledge’ to Aurielle. She chuckled as she visualized Rael saying those sentences, before firing out a gold magic blast at the tree.

After learning about this skill, both the student and his mentor tried out a few more tricks they can do with it. Along with yet another spar, and several conversation bits from Aurielle that loosen Rael up.

“One blast, one blast, one blast!”
“Oak!”
“Yeah!”

With Rael’s clean one-shot at the tree, Aurielle cried out a sound of relief, as Rael simply sighed with the same emotion.

“All right, that concludes today’s session. I’ll be checking on my other student at New Alalea later,” Aurielle mentioned, as she grabbed her backpack.

“Other student?”

“Mhm.” Aurielle gestured the student’s height at around her shoulder level, as she chuckled. “Now that I think about it, she’s like your opposite. But in the way that’d make a fun duo, you know?”

Rael nodded as a response, as he glanced at the sun going down into the woods.

“You’re going to New Alalea now?”
“Mhm. I know it’s going to be dark on the way out there, but I’ve got the safe route! You can go back to the tailor I was talking to earlier, either she or her brother will provide you some shelter for the night.”
“But…”
“Hmm?”

Which response?
  • “Can I come to New Alalea with you?”
  • “Nevermind, I’ll just stay at Riverville.”

0 voters

6 Likes

Aurielle wearing a skirt and fighting, respect.

1 Like

mad respect tbh

adjusts skirt

Snow user when

Riverville 4ever

become true aurielle simp rael

do it for us

yall be manifesting all aurielle simps out there into one single character :troll:

this mf never heard about material conditions? class conflict? dialectical materialism? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

ik I could just say he’s stupid but

1 Like