Average Day in Magius: Story Simulation - Chapter VI: The Half Way Through

Writer's Notes
  • oh yea i forgot i made adim summary, click on the logo thingy for the terrible summary up to chapter vi’s first part
  • also trust me, this is an average day in magius. it’s everyday where you get to find some sussy place underground before getting jumped by shadow magic figures. trust me. (honestly though, im tempted to write “the weirdest day in magius” where everything is peaceful.)
  • also man, this has one of the most intimate moments i’ve written so far in months, and i have this habit of making characters too ‘intimate’ sometimes (i used to write romance a lot, but i have this lens where i’m sensitive to any possible romantic implications so that might be the case)
    • so idk if y’all would take the ‘intimacy’ moment in this chap as something further than platonic thingy
  • oh yea, fun fact: i considered adding the option for rael to flirt with jean way earlier, but idk it felt too predictable (for me) to add romance in story simulation, since male protag + female character tend to get together romantically a lot???
  • plus do you think rael could fucking flirt??? i doubt it. the storytellers MAY have enough power to give the option for rael to flirt, but like, how tf he gonna flirt??? “hey girl-” nvm im done. IM NOT MAKING RAEL CONTINUE THAT SHIT BYE

also i thank you again for reading the produce of disorganized chaos inside my head
my characters/stories and writer’s notes in general are just a brief trip on “what the fuck happens inside my head”

ALSO WE’RE ALMOST HALFWAY THROUGH, W TO ME (FINALLY SETTLING DOWN WITH A SCHEDULE) AND EVERYONE WHO FOLLOWS THIS STORY

- Margeret

Greetings again, new and old readers.

The last poll from Zion was quite straightforward.
We’re about to make Rael help Jean out, and see what’s with the wall.

What lies behind the wall? We’ll see.

Rael rushed towards Jean, striking the shadow figures that just interrupted her with his fists. As the shadows faded away by the attacks, he noticed Jean’s trembling expression up close.
     “Jean?”
     He didn’t notice how shaken she was before. But now that she’s within his reach again, Rael reached his hand out for her.
     Jean didn’t respond, until Rael waved his hand in front of her face.
     “Wha—Rael?”
     But as their little moment continued, Rael fired a magic attack at a shadow figure behind Jean, almost hitting her with his attack instead.
     Rael continued attacking the shadow figures that kept appearing around them, before Jean helped him clear them out too. While she was attacking them with her own magics, she continued telling Rael something about the wall before.
     “Rael, the shadow user is somewhere behind that wall!”
     That made Rael stop attacking for a while, before he turned to the wall Jean was talking about again. Jean then cleared the figures around them with explosion spells, to give them some time to talk.
     “Remember how the shadowy magic came from all directions earlier? Yeah, it seems like they actually settle down at one place, over there.”
     “Okay?”
     Rael approached the wall, asking Jean if she’s sure about the user’s location. She nodded, charging up her magic spell.
     Noticing how Jean might consider destroying the wall herself, Rael charged up the spell in his fist too.
     Jean glanced at Rael, before aiming her incoming attack at the wall. He did the same, as they attacked the wall together with their magics.

Their attacks left a hole inside the wall, revealing a long bridge behind it. Jean noticed how dark the path ahead was, so she charged up her light magic that emitted a light magic aura, and went inside. Rael followed her afterward.
     The bridge was wide enough to fit both of them together comfortably, as Rael offered to stay behind to guard her along their trip.
     Jean agreed as she went forward, her light aura illuminating the path ahead. Rael followed her closely as he glanced at the area around them. Each plank on the wooden bridge were stable, along with the ropes. It appeared too well-maintained for a place like this, with no one else around. Though, Rael could see some faint prints on the planks, along with the waters beneath the bridge.
     “Hey, you see that?” Jean asked, as she pointed at the pitch-black ahead of them.
     Rael leaned towards her as he walked, trying to see what she’s pointing at with the help of her light aura. But as he tried to look for what Jean was seeing, her light aura seemed to slowly fade. “No?”
     “Huh, I thought this was bright enough?”
     He squinted his eyes, trying to see what was ahead. Unless Jean could see in the dark perfectly, he should be able to notice what she saw.
     But before Rael could say something about the view ahead, he was stopped by an energy tightening around his neck. A cold blade-like sensation placed itself on his side, and it gently pushed itself into his skin. Jean’s vision ahead of him darkened, until the point she disappeared from his vision.
     Rael tried blinking, but Jean didn’t appear again. Everything was pitch black around him, as his throat continued to tighten, and the cold sensation slit his skin beneath the cloth.
     “Jean?!—”
     As Rael tried to call her name out in the dark, a breath tingled on his ear.

“Leave.”

The whisper sent the chills down to Rael’s spines, along with his senses. His feet were standing on the same bridge, but his vision only saw black right now.

“Rael? Is everything alright?”

Jean’s voice could be heard in the darkness, but he couldn’t see her ahead of him. He tried to reach for her, and something grabbed his hand, before it moved to grab his wrist.
     He couldn’t see who’s holding his wrist, but from the feelings alone, he could guess it was Jean.
     But before he could take a step towards her, the cold blade thrust into his side, as the strangling energy restrained his limbs.

• Surrender, and hope that this darkness would let Rael go
  • Fight back against whatever is threatening Rael, and hope that he could actually fight back against it
  • Fight back against the restraints and try to run towards Jean, and hope that the darkness would disappear in some way

0 voters

If the action above succeeded, where would Rael go?
  • Leave this place
  • Continue traveling along the bridge

0 voters

1 Like

nice

1 Like