Casuals piss me off sometimes

i cant lie to you. ive put in like 350 hours in this game. I pvp whenever the opportunity for it arises and frankly, i do find it fun, i think im reasonably good at it now. That being said, i think the pvp in this game is heavily flawed.

a. the game is laggy as shit. Ik most of it is out of vetex’s control, but it constantly proves itself to be a nuisance.

b. Some of the moves are not made with compatibility to this games pvp. Theres so many weapons/skills that are just obsolete because they either arent fast enough or don’t hit easily enough, or maybe they do but they’re arent worth using.

Spears are the biggest offender. I love spears but jesus. The throw is pretty slow for a move which little aoe, Sparrow thrust is slow as shit.

Who even uses sword whirlwind besides for shits and giggles?

Is there any valid use for multi blasts besides landing one or two hits and whiffing the rest? genuine question.

Moves that can move you through the air (selino, crash, vindicator, spiraling furry, rising tide)and can deal damage are so important. Anything less is an understatement.

The skills and how they’re designed are not made as if they’re equals and that they have their own niche purpose.

The story is just random filler to help you level and explore islands when you’re new. Once you move on from all that pve stuff you will get bored. The content from there on is mostly pvp so you will mostly do jumping and munera pvp naturally.

Dark Sea is just an area where you get your build scrolls, it was just made tedious so that pve players can power creep and call themselves good because their opponent didn’t bother grinding for that +5 more power. Also vetex just wanted to add an area where all the runners can hide, didn’t stop Noble though lol

Brewing has some filler content for pve players to not complain but it’s legitimately just used for ganking. Revealing pots, health pots (for people with no skill) and slowness. I’ve never seen people use or talk about potions in a pve sense since 1.13’s release.

Lastly, if you think ANY pve content in AO is difficult you’re just wrong lmfao. All the story bosses are a joke, Elius and Calvus are overhyped and the rest are agreed to be pure trash by the whole community. And don’t try to even mention mUh lVL 1000000 aTlanTeaN, it’s clearly supposed to be late game scaling and not a fair fight.

This, I can agree on. PVE combat rn is basically just sniping the enemy and praying you don’t lag as they m1 you.

fought some guy at elysium who kicked me teeth in
he used sword :fr:

Sword Whirlwind is pretty good but that can be said for all weapons to be real
(axe that thing has a grab that combos with it’s smash and has a high damage range attack)

but whirlwind is one of the only attacks that can be used and charged on the move
and has a pretty good clash letting you just walk up to magics and out clash their dumb smelly spells

ill be sure to try it then. i just thought it was obsolete cause i love getting carried by rising tide

oh yea no rising tide is better like in 99% in all cases
because simply because you can hit players in the air

the same can’t be said for the whirlwind as sure you can jump while fully charging it
it’ just doesn’t have the same upward range

it’s like comparing
a M4 and AK47
in the overall grand sense, they are the same being no endlag attacks
but has differences with one easier to hit and fix small mistakes and having a bigger but flatter attack and one that can move you up into the air

The story is just random filler to help you level and explore islands when you’re new.

Arcane Odyssey is a story-focused, open world action-MMORPG developed by vetex (@ _vetex on Twitter) on Roblox, the third game set in the Arcane Universe, and a complete revamp of World of Magic.
(source: Trello)

Nuh uh, everyone knows trellos arent sources of credible facts. We base it on what majority of people do in the game, which is pvp, therefore the game is pvp focused smh

“Story-Focused” proceeds to skip the entire story just to get better items faster

(the reply was probably sarcastic but i think some people need to hear this)
skipping the entire story is clearly not the intended way of beating the game

and the game is not pvp focused, especially not at levels 1-124. it’s just that max level gives the illusion that it is because there’s not a whole lot left to do after you’ve finished grinding ds and getting all the max level equipment and all that. it also doesn’t help the story has been the same for like almost a year

i think some people fail to realize somehow that this isnt just another anime fighting game

1 Like

It is a fighting game, out of all the features in the game, pvp is the most fleshed out. It has aspects of your average anime fighting game as well. You grind items so that you become better at fighting people which makes the endgame quite literally pvp, just as any other roblox anime fighting game. Builds are advantages and disadvantages, expected literally from any fighting game to have.

Anime fighting games on roblox with a story isn’t really any different from ao smh. If the game is indeed story-focused, we wouldnt need to have different types of equipments that enhances pvp related stats and instead using our player levels as a way to progress through the story.

1 Like

i’m not saying the endgame won’t eventually turn into pvp, but i wouldn’t be so quick to say that pvp is the most fleshed out feature in the game, when there’s a lot of stuff to do on the pve side of things: deckhands, dark sea, pve hunting, getting titles, treasure charting, brewing, cooking, jewelcrafting, soon to be kingdom/town alignment, collecting stuff, etc

You grind items so that you become better at fighting people

those items also apply to fighting everything else, not just other players ingame. you grind items in every rpg under the sun, not just the ones centered around killing your fellow man

Builds are advantages and disadvantages

again, stuff seen in every rpg ever

If the game is indeed story-focused, we wouldnt need to have different types of equipments that enhances pvp related stats and instead using our player levels as a way to progress through the story.

“pvp related stats” i fail to see how they’re only pvp related stats, they’re just combat stats in general. and again, different types of equipment appear in every rpg ever, so it’s kinda weird that you make them exclusive to pvp games, when they really arent. the point of the builds is not to make you more efficient at killing eachother in my eyes, but rather to help you play the game in the style you want. why would it being story focused require you to just use the player level? that seems really uninteresting. just because it is story focused doesn’t mean it’s the only part of the game

i agree, pvp players are oppressed, the game needs to do more to make it fun and fair for pvpers.

they should make it so if a pvper damages another player, they both get teleported to munera, one dies, one lives, like that its fair

Most of which supports the idea of getting stronger for pvp

That’s because rpgs has the very idea of fighting in a minor sense, ao has pvp in the major with literally a lot of heavy features relating to pvp

My guy just rephrased it :fried_shrimp:

All of which being used for fights

Because quite literally you only need to be stronger for fights in a fighting game and the only significant way for that are equipments

That’s your opinion, objectively builds exist to give an advantage and disadvantage in fights

Because stats aren’t needed in a story focused game only a sign of progression on where you are, levels can be used for these signs aside from indicating which part you are in the story using the obvious titles

It isnt story focused then

there is a difference in saying “story focused game” and “story game”. also do u just not realize that there are other kinds of combat in this game that are not against another player

My guy just used different words with the same meaning
Black Guy Shocked GIFs | Tenor

Literally any fighting game ever, obviously giving the option to train anywhere anytime is a must, having to wait for your trainer to be online is a big yikes

Literally any fighting game ever, obviously giving the option to train anywhere anytime is a must, having to wait for your trainer to be online is a big yikes

what

My guy just used different words with the same meaning

the difference is that in a story focused game the main bit of it is the story but there are still a lot of other things to do, like pvp, while in a story game the entire thing is the story and nothing else
u can see this kind of thing where vetex will make decisions for the game based on the lore
also most people probably won’t overgrind past level 125, they’ll finish the story and leave bc theres no real point in going further unless ur really dedicated

Considering you know what a fighting game is and has experience with it, you know that bots are used to test out pvp-related stuff, it fixes the problem where you need someone to help you test

In short, about the story. Why does bro have to yap about the same thing

Mods should close this degenerative topic, really.