Could i make a webcomic set in AO's world?

i found out about this game only a few days ago but i’m completely obsessed with it! i know nothing of the lore yet but the world as i currently know it has me very interested in what’s to come with the revamp, specifically the lore and story.

i was actually wondering, would it be okay if i created a webcomic set in arcane odyssey’s world? or at least inspired by it? i’ve gotten pretty attached to my two characters (both named selene) and the stories i’ve imagined for them, and i wanted to do something with that. i can’t promise the art or story will be very good or that i wont run out of steam quickly while working on it, but i figured i’d at least ask

EDIT: i should have said set in world of magic’s world instead of arcane odyssey (even though they’re the same thing (i think?)), since i really like the environment and magic council things like the silent tower ^^;;… idk if those will be in arcane odyssey (does anyone know if they will? or are we getting an entirely different map?) but the silent tower in particular is integral to the story i’m looking to tell

5 Likes

yes, go hog wild!

but im sure you’ll be subject to a few criticisms

1 Like

oh nice! once i get around to it i’ll link it here on the forums!
and of course, this is the internet after all

ah yes, criticism, the bane of self-confidence

1 Like

im a very sensitive person so i can’t say i’ll be looking for art advice or accepting any but in terms of getting the lore right i’ll gladly accept being beaten over the head by other ppl

hey, buddy, if you dont know about the lore, then check this:

1 Like

I like ya cut g

1 Like

oooo i didn’t know that there was a lore doc, i’ll def be studying this :eyes:

1 Like

Fun fact a webcomic centers around a previous game made by vetex exists.

1 Like

oh no

i hate your cut g

oh snap really? hook me up with a link? :eye:

Here

2 Likes

ah yeah it might be good to read up on some other writings in this forum to see what its all about, maybe you can get some inspiration!

[SERIES] Ultimatum Part 1 this is part 1 of my series.
So this is my first RP topic also a very good story by beeg boi @Danny_Zou

there’s also an RP server that I host rp’s on. https://discord.gg/A3S6tqDr

| |I
|| |_
(sentence)

omg 9 pages… the art is rly nice too and it starts off on such a high point wowee, hope i can keep up

ooo an rp server! i was actually wondering if there was an rp activities around this game, good to know

Ah yes thanks for the advertising.

Would mention they’re very different stories.

Ultimatum is a story about heroes and villains, a rise of a hero and his experiences and story. It’s fairly fast-paced and is already on its 11th (or 12th dunno) part.

Firestorm is a story with currently a plot that remains shrouded in mystery. It’s an epic involving several characters and their connections to a series of events. It’s relatively slow and is on its 7th part.

I recommend reading both, and everything else on the forums, no matter how bad or how lovely.

1 Like

Here’s all the links you will need, I suggest you go through them thoroughly, I put them in order of what you should read first and last, also check out the riddles that tech made

Arcane Odyssey trello just for reference as it had WoM and AO related things currently, stuff will get updated though

Also I highly recommend reading most of LittleShrekSheeps comic, as it has lots of info on the events before AO and you’re going to need it, if you get stuck or don’t understand something ask people on the forums and don’t be afraid to dm tech, he’ll answer your question, if he says he can’t reveal dont push it.

oh wow, thank you for the masterpost! i always aim to capture the world and lore of the games i make creations based off of so even if the story wont exactly be following the plot of the game itself :blush: