Data wipe for TGR

Anyway, here’s why I think levels and items should be wiped in TGR.

1. It’s a new game and a new experience. People should experience the game in its entirety; from beginning to end or else they only get a partial experience.
  2. New players should have a chance to catch up to the sweats so that it’s equal and everyone is happy.
  3. There weren’t a lot of released items anyway. Nothing is lost.

If you don’t agree, you can:

1. Say why
  2. Cry about it, scream about it, rage about it, etc.
  3. Silently pout across the screen idrc

welp, im outta here before this explodes, if anyone needs me I’ll be out raiding the US military again

Levels I’m completely fine with. Items, absolutely not.

Community would outrage big time and there isn’t much of a good reason to compared to levels which is way more relevant considering that there is an entire new storyline.

11 Likes

wipe levels - it wouldn’t make much of a difference if levels were wiped since we’re only like lvl 90
keep items - a shit ton of people would be pissed since grinding out a full set of strong wizard/hard wizard, and trying to get a strong sunken is fucking brutal

1 Like

Dont want to lose my inventory that would atleast make your frames freeze when you open it. Dont want my no life hard work go to waste that quick.

Ok but people can gain the items later anytime they want, right? He can just decrease the drop rate and give everyone who got it earlier a badge or some money.

For the Halloween event there’s always next year.

Also why do people even outrage over items deleting?

true, but if they wanted the whole experience they could just make a new file (that being said vetex could incentivize people for making new files, thus making people play the game the way it’s supposed to be played according to you)

eh, I don’t think the power gap is super far off. yeah sure, noobs are going to die to older players but they are able to catch up by playing the game for a few hours.

thing is, vetex likes his rng
plus a bunch of players are sentimental with their items

1 Like

Nah man, there are people like me who no lifed chest farming and had 300K items. Plus thingyy, who has the absolute highest amount of items, going about one million items already, would lose his shit.

1 Like

I mean Files

Yeah i dont expect some guy to stay happy when his hard earned Sunken and other boss items deleted

hard work is certainly lost

I’m fine with Levels, but not Items at all

1 Like

increasing drop rates would be too much of a hassle, just let them keep their items
it hasn’t been announced yet that seasonal items will always be the same
there are a lot of people who like collecting a shit ton of items (thingyy for example, whenever you open his inventory you are 90% likely to crash), deleting their work and making them restart would obviously cause them to get angry
also, as said before, grinding and testing your RNG for a good enchant is never fun

1 Like

That’s basically an f-you to everyone currently farming for items and such. There’s people with hundreds, even thousands of hours worth of items earned from farming or trading. WoM is also no longer in beta so wiping everyone’s items is a bad choice no matter what. The best compromise would be to reset everything except for player inventories.

If a player really wants to start over completely from scratch with no items, nothing is stopping them from making a new file for that, or deleting their own files to make space to start at a clean slate. There is absolutely no need to render people’s hard work in WoM completely in vain.

5 Likes

More like 100% going to crash if you dont have an epic gamer pc or even NASA’s pc.

1 Like

:eyes:

Levels, sure, but items are a no-no.

I think a complete wipe would be even funnier than an infamy wipe, so I agree.

Okay, that’s cool, but if you can be a guitarist, why isn’t guitarism a word?

But it’s different, though. Statistics wise, most people who already have a save file are going to spend a substantial amount of time using their other file to play before even thinking of getting a new file. Experience is ruined.

Hours? O_O
U right tho.

ngl that’s kind of tuff, but and?
People are sentimental with a lot of things. Don’t really mean anything.

why exactly would people spend that much time to get those items anyway? You’re not even getting anything in the first place. I’m confused bruh O_O. Kinda seems like a “them” issue, though.
ok that’s mean but still tho.
and for people that are saying that there is no reason to, there is: it’s literally an entirely new game bruh why should they be items from the old game

this is why I wanted the game to just be made somewhere separately.

oh boy, prepare for the 500 replies that are coming in.

what would that even mean lol
like the act of playing a guitar, the belief in a guitar, the act of being a guitarist?
maybe its a political stance? like a belief that guitars are the superior race and that all other instruments should burn for eternity in the deepest pits of hell? or maybe that all guitarists are automatically better people?

Yeah, wipe their items and nothing lost. Not like some people have good enchant sunken gear. If I lose my bursting sunken chest I am gonna be pissed because I sunk many hours in getting that for my earth file for AO.

While i want the full experience like you do, I decided to make personal decisions. I set aside seasonal items and max level gear, so I wont have any armor from external sources till level 90. What I did not do is try to make everyone have fun the same way I do. I think resetting level and transferring items is definitely worth it. Forcing everyone to lose their items and progress and hard work? Not everyone would let that slide.

Also seasonals wont be the same, if I’m not mistaken their description says they are from a specific year and event. Like the Headless Head, 2020 Halloween. If I’m not mistaken that isnt coming back, and you are suggesting wiping them all.

Just make personal decisions, and decide how you want to play AO to have fun, dont make others follow your rules.

2 Likes