Death Primordial : Taborri the Cannibal Mother

part of the Ancient Magic Elementals (Primodials) (Open Art Collab) series

• credits to @Rlka for the color palette
  • credits to @wmdrayal for the magic circle

Speedpaint (may be loud)

if i did the usual editing/writing this wouldn’t be posted on Halloween so i’m gonna forgo those

Mythos

Alternative Titles

• The Nightstalker
  • Winter’s Heart
  • The Rotten Queen
  • Fatebringer
  • The Gods’ Bane
  • The Corpse Huntress
  • Fate Grimm
  • Flesh Eater
  • The Wendigo

Names

• Taborri (Voices that Carry)
  • Tacincala (Deer)
  • Onida (the Expected One)
  • Gaa-Binagwiiyaas (Sloughing Flesh)
  • Aleshanee (She Plays All the Time)

Mythos

Patchy, matted fur of a midnight black hue sprouts from her flesh, dead and rotting. Somewhat contrasted from the Primordials of old, Taborri is still very heavily references by remote cultures today. Despite this similarity to base Elementals, she has been established as a single individual numerous times and far predates any mention of them. Her name, meaning “Voices that Carry,” is one of many as various sub-cultures name her based on their encounters. Some examples being Aleshanee (She Who Plays All the Time), Onida (the Expected One), Tacincala (Deer), and the masculine Gaa-Binagwiiyaas (Sloughing Flesh). Tacincala is her most frequently used outside of Taborri.

Though she appears relatively humanoid with gaunt features, Taborri is a known shapeshifter able to change in the dark. This is most notable by the form of her antlers, which change with each passing season to a completely different species of ungulate. She is described as reeking of rotten flesh, however no flies surround her as her breath is similarly fatal to inhale as an Ash Cockatrice’s. Her teeth are said to chatter like shivering bones as she cools and chills the air significantly. So much so that frost may appear beneath her footsteps and water freezes where she walks.

It is said that any injuries inflicted by Taborri will result in a status known as Decaying, which increases the rate of cell death tenfold and spreads like a black infection. Though supposedly swift in its action, the process is told as being tremendously painful and may only be “cured” by cutting off infected portions of the body.

A prevalent tale, one often of grim ending, is that of the fabled Taborri’s Game (otherwise known as Tacincala’s Hunt) wherein an unfortunate soul is branded with her Mark of Death, which is a bruising of the heart that spreads throughout the body until their bones break at the slightest bend due to mass tissue death. To win her game one must complete an intense hunt, searching to kill none other than one of Taborri’s own children, which can be a gruesome ordeal especially when afflicted by the special Decay effects of her Mark of Death, which seem to cause failure at a slowed rate compared to normal injuries. By completing the hunt the Mark disappears, though whatever injuries one has acquired beforehand are said to remain. The so-called “Cannibal Mother” will then, as is expected, devour the corpse of her offspring, tearing the rotted flesh from bone. Failure to escape at this opportune time supposedly means death by her rotten claws, while those who win their life are gifted the skull of her child. It is unknown how she ever chooses her players. Some tribes believe it to be a game of honor and skill while others tell it as a cautionary tale to get children to behave. Regardless, it’s best that one avoids the cold dead of night, lest this hungry mother be on the prowl.

40 Likes

:skull:
all the skulls piled underneath are from the people who said ‘i forgor :skull:’ before death

3 Likes

help

they forgor :skull:

1 Like

scary

1 Like

spooky

1 Like

Hybrid Squad Rn:

4 Likes

they zoomin’

Wendolen from Loomian Legacy

I’m all out of likes but I love this!!

1 Like

love how long and creepy the arms are!

1 Like

Yooo Death Magic + Great art? :flushed:

1 Like

spook has possesed me to make it

1 Like

liu has been waiting for the edge magic

I stan for Wendigo :pensive:

what the fuck
im not gonna play AO if death magic users can summon this thing using the “elemental summon” spell

2 Likes

2 Likes

Dang he scary… but i liked it anyway!!

1 Like

fax :flushed:

1 Like

The Wenigo of TERROR!

1 Like