Deepwoken: Reaching for Greatness (A deepwoken criticism)

I’d like to introduce you to rebalancing.

So you don’t like RPG games.

“We’ve removed the feature that lets people change builds”
“Oh no how ever could we solve this problem!!”
“Wait why don’t we just add a button?”

I’d be nobody played them because they were garbage tycoon games like almost every tycoon game on the platform.
Combat was probably absolute garbage (what would you expect?), RPG elements non-existent, ect ect.

That’s a really long way of saying ‘stress’.

file erasing:

can i trust this guy to extend my essay?

Part I
MMORPG is already a niche genre, and a hardcore full loot MMORPG is a smaller niche inside a niche, and I am honestly surprised how many players actively playing it compared to the more casual theme park MMO like Vesteria

I think the issue of the game is overloading new players with a ton of information, and it’s of the biggest quit moment for many players (not saying it’s a bad thing for having a complex system, but overloading it to a new player is not a good way to keep new players) as well as having no clear objective to start either a tutorial or a basic instruction makes player confused, unless they go to the wiki

Part II
This game is filled with a hardcore masochist, and when they shoo off casual players this can lead to untrust between the community and build up to hate or even the game lacks players to the extreme

the art community since Rogue Lineage has been filled with hormone-addled teenagers, so no wonder there are many R34 artists capitalizing on it a lot, and it’s no surprise Deepwoken will get the same treatment as well

Part III
I don’t know about that stuff honestly, however, it is a bad thing and I hope can be fixed quickly

Clarification time fuckers

Contrary to popular belief, permadeath isn’t meant to make things harder. It’s to make things feel like they all have meaning as you can lose it all. If you are the type to ONLY want permanent progression, you should never play roguelike/lites in any case or any game with permadeath. This feature is not for you.

Without permadeath, DW’s progression loop is meaningless because of how theres RNG that determines your build. You should try different stuff and the game encourages you to. There’s a bit of issues with build/talent variety at the moment, but you guys clearly think permadeath is the bigger issue.

Combat in Deepwoken is goated, its just balance that hurts it. I can probably ask a ton of other DW players this and they’ll feel the same

And just because you outsiders see R34 you guys go crazy dipshit like omg no way how could there be when theres literally some for this community too? yall hypocrites? In particular, yall go horny ape shit over drifa and iris.

got bored writing so ill leave it at this for now

1 Like

Y’know another dumb thing? Random mobs in places that make 0 sense. Like angels on the depths. IN FACT, THE WHOLE ANGELS THING IS POINTLESS. Why are angels in the basically underworld. That makes 0 sense. Also, if everything else on the castle is fine with you, why are the angels and those siren head type things angry at you. Also, that just makes the trial harder because your health Regen is slow AND YOU CANT MAKE CAMPFIRES.

i dont mind no campfires in the depths because it basically makes ur hp 100x more meaningful. you should have your hp set to full and sanity reset when you do the trial though

angels idk the lore THAT well but idk evil angels or something whoa

1 Like

cries in loosing like half of my items due to not having the funny talent

yeah i fucking hate it when devs use this excuse, one game i played had an update which made it 100x worse and everyone including myself asked the devs to download the older version and upload it to an alternate place, that all they had to do, not hard, and their excuse was “but no one would play the main game anymore”

so you’re admitting your latest update sucks

1 Like

Implying deepwoken is an rpg game

Because if someone randomly clicks on it they might ruin the progress they made.

They were literally just copy and pasted.
Rogue playground was just rogue but you could get whatever ultra you wanted instantly. And it played like rogue too.

Thats what you feel? When I play I get a feeling of fear and excitement. Ready for my potential final battle. And the fun thing is unlike reddit game I don’t lose it all to a gay one combo done by a 12 year old on his dinakeri faceless account.

If you don’t get robber baron and boot wallet before level 5 just wipe

but i had adept and scuba drowner somehow :((((

Are you seriously telling me you have the two best talents in the entire game…?

scuba drowner is good?

You literally can never die in pve situations.
Get watch yo toned off a cliff? Bam wake up again.
Need to escape being attacked by a bunch of npcs? Bam jump off a cliff.
You literally cannot die in the water anymore.
Unless of course you’re being ganked.

oh shit ur actually right
still usless for me since im more of a PvP player than PvE

But what them gonna do? Jump to get you and die of fall damage?

Once you reach level 45 you’ll literally only lose half your hp bar if you fall at the usual area in etris.

Actually, fuck jumping of cliffs, glider exists

(If you are ganked by level 45 you are litteraly dead tho)

Still in the trance on how guilds still matter? That’s alright, it’s good knowing your opinion doesn’t matter because you don’t have anything even near a 4-6 pack, the ability to bench 100 pounds or a squat PR. You know, unlike me, who has all of those things. Next time eat a salad.