Deepwoken: Reaching for Greatness (A deepwoken criticism)

add an “are you ABSOLUTELY SURE” menu, its really not hard lmao

1 Like

In dw I don’t mind perma death but like it makes the game boring because whenever you do die you have to redo all your progress again which is kind of boring the second time.also you can accidentally messed up your your build then you have to wipe and you see where I’m going at. Deepwoken good game but has a lot of design issues that could be easily fixed

I can bench 115

I can bench 1

forgot the 6 zeroes

Nah there’s no way I can bench press a million elephants

1 Like

holy shit

4 Likes

I quite like the idea of permadeath, I enjoy alot of roguelites and likes.

I’ve given deepwoken a fair shot this time, enjoyed the game thoroughly, and I still have to say that it doesn’t fucking belong in a PvP game even if there IS PvE.

I’d love to experience it without lingering stress, honestly.

Yes. It is.
What the fuck do you mean it isn’t? You about to call it a roguelike?

"Wait people might accidentally delete their save"
"Why don’t we make them confirm it first?"
"huh"

I don’t play games to get scared. I play them to have fun.
I can have excitement without “oh shit I’m going to lose hours of progress if I fuck this up”.

So far you’ve just told me you don’t even know what the hell you’re even playing, you like getting scared, and you have no idea how file systems work in every game ever.

1 Like

Yes. It’s a rogue like.

That’s why we’re waiting for AO
Deepwoken will be fun until you encounter
Femboy level 60 with legendary weapon
Black airforce freshie
Gank squad
Bellbros
The racist king croc and racist squid hoss

Also who says I’m playing it just to get scared? I said it filled me with fear AND excitement.

I’m playing a rogue like :skull:

Quote above

Also file systems only work when games such as talked about have more than one and you don’t have to pay 3 dollars for another. Constantly resetting one singular slot to go another build doesn’t exactly help.

And as I said before no perma death in this game would be like Minecraft with no cheats. There’s no thrill when you fight enemies. You’re just fighting for shit you know you’ll easily get again.

There’d be no rebalancing it without either

Making deepwoken a bandit beater

Making deepwoken a fighting game

Making deepwoken just not as interesting

Its a roguelite at best. There is metaprogression in the form of attunements.
It progresses like an open world RPG, it plays like an open world RPG, and the permadeath really just feels forced in and unnecessary.

huh its almost like this is a big part of my point on why permadeath doesn’t belong in pvp games.

no.

You know I’d completely agree with you…
but that’s already what we’re doing.
The ONLY difference there would be we get to choose when that happens.

There’s so much shortsightedness in this alone that I really don’t think I should bother trying to pick this one apart.

Nice, how many reps?

Probably like a million, this guy is literally Broly.

1 Like

sadly just 7 before my elbows hurt

thanks for the support bro :smiley:

Ah I see, I usually do 12, but my max has only been 11 for 100. Good to know somebody here is healthy lol

There are probably like 4 healthy other people here, they just don’t do workouts.

if I’m motivated I can push 10 but that’s my limit

once I got cocky and tried lifting 160

my left bicep was unusable for hours

1 Like

I mean, the entire game was built upon permadeath, so not exactly. (Lore, the depths and shit is completely tied to it)

1 Like

I’m power 50 and I refused to get any of those talents

some of y’all the most pretentious mfs i’ve ever seen i hope to god you ain’t as annoying irl :skull: