Deepwoken: Reaching for Greatness (A deepwoken criticism)

conclusion :
deepwoken is a “good” game just has some weird features not everyone likes, also has dogshit community and devs.

devs is okay, imo, but nothing special

devs at deepwoken are good (?) i meant like how they are

i don’t understand lmao

sorry i didnt even read what i wrote…
i meant like they are good devs at well developing maybe? i dont know but i meant like how they are like i mean the pedophile thing you know haha…

Honestly deepwoken would be better if it had an option to create characters at certain stages and they would spawn with a set amount of money and levels

??? what the fuck?

idk wtf y’all talking about pretty obvious that deepwoken is a card game

1 Like

like slay the spire

Could be a cool mechanic actually

Jesus Christ, yeah I haven’t gone too overboard when trying out my PR. I haven’t tried to see how well I could do one rep of the highest weight I can either, sine I’ve heard some people get injured from that lol. At least you didn’t get seriously hurt

One last thing before I leave this topic is the pvp system in this game.now overall it’s not bad not to many cheesy combos and overall just pretty balanced.however if you have high ping your dead if you lag your dead and if the enemy’s has better weapons than you you are also dead.now i did say there was barley any cheesy combos but wind and rapid punch’s are a thing which deletes your hp.also lighting sometimes. The PVP is probably the best part of this game/PVE however I can still easily roast it like how do you block an AOE attack or just simply roll off fire. Overall like I said all my posts deepwoken has many flaws however the concept of it is really good and the PVP is really good I wouldn’t say the best though. Also if someone has a hero sword you’re dead

Conclusion if I had to rate deepwoken it’s a 7/10 The only reason why it’s not a nine out of 10 in my book it’s just because of all of its flaws if they just easily fix that it would easily be maybe a 10 out of 10

yea but everything else could exist without it and there wouldn’t be a difference.
There’s whirlpools to get into the depths so that wouldn’t even need to change.
If there was a version of deepwoken without permadeath, while the experience wouldn’t last nearly as long since you’re not wiping characters involuntarily and thus can make whatever the hell build you want, it would be far more fun because of that.

I feel like most people who disagree with that don’t understand that it would literally be the same game but without a mechanic that makes it more stressful.

Tl;Dr : Permadeath doesn’t actually add anything to the game as a whole.
(Assuming that the third thing you mentioned is either bells or luck)

some people like that stress and tension
you clearly dont. some games are allowed to give punishment and if you dont like it well thats fine

you may as well scrap talents and a ton of rng if you remove permadeath too since those basically are needed to make runs more diverse

Finding decent ping is such a pain in the ass

you make a lovely point

Its just super disappointing because I love everything else about the game, and its not like there’s going to be any other games like that (to the same quality) WITHOUT that.
Its just that one detail that ruins the whole thing just 'cause a few sado-masochists from rogue enjoyed it and rag seems obsessed with his ‘new’ fake roguelike genre (literally RPGs but with permadeath forced in).

Or just do what I did with voxlblade and completely scrap characters on a whim just because I want to try new things? Did that about 5 times and voxl did not have that much variety.
Honestly sounds like fun.

am I pretentious? :pleading_face:

Why not just make leveling significantly harder then?