Definite item/drop

… do I have to say anything?

Ok so lemme paint the picture…

Sparky salmon heard that he could get a legendary item/weapon from a boss. The chance to get one part of the bosses gear is 1/100. Sparky wants the legendary scythe however this boss has 5 different drops, accessory, helmet, chest, legs and scythe. But sparky is determined so he heads off and begins the grind.

After 100 kills the boss has dropped nothing… So he decides to try again. He kills the boss another 100 times, and he gets nothing. Sparky is beginning to question if there is a drop. So he kills the boss another 100 times and gets leggings. Now he knows there is a drop, however he sees how long it will take him to get the weapon he wants.

He begins to wonder, why should I spend time and effort in a game that doesn’t reward my time or effort for that matter. So he begins to slowly fade away from arcane odyssey.

My proposal: have a pity system, say if the boss drop chance is 1/50 make it so that every 60 kills they have a guaranteed drop.

This would also apply for fishing and chest opening. This will not take away the element of luck and someone could still gain a drop on their 5th kill and be extremely lucky, however it makes sure that people who spend time on the game get the reward they deserve.

Reason to add: Would encourage people to do the activity instead of painfully grinding with no results for hours even though the chance is supposedly low.

Thank you for listening to my suggestion and have a great day!!!

Here is a table that @Level thank you for taking the time and effort to make this accurate table.

|Pity Timer|Chance to Hit Pity Timer of Boss Drops|Increase in Overall Droprate|
| — | — | — |
|1x rate|35%|1.53x|
|1.2x rate (like in OP)|28%|1.39x|
|2x rate|12%|1.13x|
|3x rate|4%|1.04x|
|4x rate|1.4%|1.01x|
|5x rate|0.51%|1.005x|

|Pity Timer|Chance to Hit Pity Timer of Sunken Drops|Increase in Overall Droprate|
| — | — | — |
|1x rate|37%|1.58x|
|1.2x rate (like in OP)|30%|1.39x|
|2x rate|13.5%|1.15x|
|3x rate|5%|1.05x|
|4x rate|1.8%|1.018x|
|5x rate|0.67%|1.006x|

I voted for my own suggestion :sunglasses:

Wtf you have a pity on chest for, fucking leather boots?

Ok I agree with fishing tho, 3000~ fish caught needs to have a hard cap for gurranteed sunken lol

In future if they add rare chests and rare items obtainable from chests

Tbf I really don’t like the idea for chests having pity

I’m fine with everything else you said tho,maybe even lower down the boss drop pity to like 25 or 30 bc they pretty worthless lol

There will be better boss drops in future

Dude revamp gon delete current bosses, and pity would have to be different each boss

Yes. Different pity for different bosses

1 Like

I got the idea but can you please change the name of your suggestion it sounds stupid

Ok, fine.

Sounds like something that may work, but not on current bosses as they are leaving. With fishing, I agree.

Also, please make some more space between text.

Reason to add: Would encourage people to do the activity instead of painfully grinding with no results for hours even though the chance is supposedly low,

You could put this in the post :nod:

3 Likes

Yeah voted. Rng… has fucked up this game long enough

People who play games with Gacha mechanics often refer to guaranteed drops as pity , such as me

Hehehehehheheeh

abusable. this ain’t gonna get added. ever.

I mean I guess? But I think if it was a 1/50 chance then it should be a 1/100 chance to get a guranteed

How is it abusable?

Explain why?

1/50 1 per kill 50 for guaranteed tf